Interior Min: Village Fund well managed

rooster59

Interior Min: Village Fund well managed

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNPOL610714001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 15th July 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of the Interior has confirmed the transparency of the distribution and management of the Village Fund. 

According to Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda, his deputies and staff have been visiting communities in various provinces to inspect development projects and activities financed by the Village and Urban Community Fund. 

The fund gives 200,000 baht to each community and encourages community members to work with local authorities in overseeing related projects. 

Several project proposals will be approved by the end of this month, noted Gen Anupong, adding that all projects must be completed within 120 days of approval. 

Many of the projects seek to enhance community tourism, generate extra income for local people, promote employment, and improve irrigation systems and water management in rural areas. 

Lastly, the minister asserted that the funds will be spent transparently and in the best interests of the public. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-15

23 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

...Gen Anupong, adding that all projects must be completed within 120 days of approval. 

I'm not quite sure what this "village fund" is? He mentions "development projects", but I can't imagine many such projects being "completed within 120 days of approval".

There will, I'm sure inevitably be at least a few days from approval to receipt of payment.

Are these grants to "develop" the community, or loans to enable start-up ventures?

If they are loans, my assumption would be that the vast majority of projects would be on an ongoing basis over many months, probably years, to built and develop. I can't see four months as a reasonable time to expect complete repayment?

Having said that it does say "completed", so perhaps there is no repayment?

Breaking News: How the control was made!

The positive facts that showed that the village fund was a positive turn regarding embezzlement in Thailand.
The control was made by asking the interior minister Anupong Paochinda, how the village fund was doing?
He answered: "The village fund is doing great and are used only for the designated purpose".

That resulted in cheering and smiles all around, with the promise for a new honest future in Thailand.

• Haha 2

My wife has been too 2-3 meetings about this village fund, they still  cannot decide how to spend the money, one idea was for worm farming, using the worms as a fertilizer (I said they would be better used as bait for fishing), that idea was never passed. 

Can anyone remember Tucksin's scheme, giving each village 1 million baht, that never worked, some money went out the back door.

One scheme near here  they brought some machinery for farmers to use, one was a chipper/shredder .used to chop grass/maize to make silage for cattle feed ,they also brought a chipper to chop cassava roots, again to use as cattle feed ,both schemes lasted less than a year ,the machinery got sold off, who got the money I do not know .how other schems worked out ,I would say it would be the same .

I can not see this one working out .

26 minutes ago, kickstart said:

My wife has been too 2-3 meetings about this village fund, they still  cannot decide how to spend the money, one idea was for worm farming, using the worms as a fertilizer (I said they would be better used as bait for fishing), that idea was never passed. 

Can anyone remember Tucksin's scheme, giving each village 1 million baht, that never worked, some money went out the back door.

One scheme near here  they brought some machinery for farmers to use, one was a chipper/shredder .used to chop grass/maize to make silage for cattle feed ,they also brought a chipper to chop cassava roots, again to use as cattle feed ,both schemes lasted less than a year ,the machinery got sold off, who got the money I do not know .how other schems worked out ,I would say it would be the same .

I can not see this one working out .

Actually the loan has been quite successfully for those poor people who can’t access the commercial bank. The NPL of less than 4% speak of its success. The common folks are more reliable in paying their loans than the wealthier folks. The system has been structured quite adequately in last 16 years. Junta need not do much. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kickstart said:

My wife has been too 2-3 meetings about this village fund, they still  cannot decide how to spend the money, one idea was for worm farming, using the worms as a fertilizer

Using the worms for fertilizer? Enough said. It's actually a good idea (keeping the worms and selling the cast that is) as you can now buy worm cast in HomePro.

All they seem to do round here with the village fund is dig ponds....oddly enough, PYB has excavators and trucks. Soil gets sold on, village gets yet another pond.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

According to Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda, his deputies and staff have been visiting communities in various provinces to inspect development projects and activities financed by the Village and Urban Community Fund. 

Certainly been well managed in our village, all the "managers" have truly impressive homes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Certainly been well managed in our village, all the "managers" have truly impressive homes.

And my "village" area has had nothing done...Another guy even cleared the footpath weeds that had taken over.....But I suppose that's what you get when handing out 500bht a time for votes eh......:whistling:

• Like 1