Pattaya Court

GeeKay

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

By your own admission you were in a bar probably getting p++sed, and got into an argument over paying your bill.

So I made an admission to something that in the next breath was only a probability?

Thanks for helping me make a decision on where to go with all this. I'm going to have something to eat.  Image result for musk stick

Edited by GeeKay
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is a wind up and people are falling into it left right and centre.

I have overstayed many times and have always just payed at the airport on the way out..  In Thailand money talks and bs walks.  Everyone knows this.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

On 7/15/2018 at 5:43 PM, KittenKong said:

The only court building I know of in town is the one on Thappraya Road, near to Treetops condo and Grande Carribbean condo. Dont know if it has cells.

Yes it does. I believe OP is referring to waiting cells which no one sees unless brought in in chains .

this holding cell is for those who locked up in actual jail and brought to court to face judge.

And yes they are doing all sorts of weird stuff because for a change they are in air con room with clean floor and clean chairs. 

Edited by BestB

I can see a how a tourist easily get caught up in this sort of thing. especially an Australian.

cheap beer and bargirls>paradise

then they will wonder around Pattaya in an alcoholic daze and forget (or dont even realise) there is a stamp in passport and date they must exit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2018 at 3:05 AM, oxforddon said:

I spent 4 years dealing with police issues in and out of  Soi 9 and I said "normally" and regarding the court said "released .... depending on outcome". Your outcome did not allow release but many other outcomes do. 

Love to hear your story too!

35 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

I can see a how a tourist easily get caught up in this sort of thing. especially an Australian.

cheap beer and bargirls>paradise

then they will wonder around Pattaya in an alcoholic daze and forget (or dont even realise) there is a stamp in passport and date they must exit.

Especially an Australian? What has nationality got to do with it, look back a bit at a few TV postings and topics and you will find that people from all countries have had the same types of issues.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 11:20 PM, GeeKay said:

Ok thank you to those members that understood my reluctance to write the full story due to a few posts that were questioning the validity of my episode. I guess some people think I was making the whole thing up ( I don't know what I would get out of that) I've got enough to do and I'm just glad I got home and out of the situation.

All that in mind I decided not to type the whole saga out on here as it would be a long post and a pretty big effort even though I really only wanted anyone to be mindful if they were ever in the same position.

Just a couple of quick points are my problems didn't occur when I was in hospital that was a just the unfortunate circumstance causing me to miss my flight home. It was days after that when I had a dispute in a bar over my bill and I was not aggressive at all and actually "bit the bullet" and paid in full. Then I happened to see some Tourist Police nearby and asked them for their thoughts on the incident and they agreed to look into and also asked if I had some ID. I always carry my passport and I never thought they would even look to see that my visa had expired 6 days earlier and it was all down hill from there. The bottom line is to anyone don't risk overstaying because it's not worth it if you are forced to show your passport before leaving the country. Contrary to a previous members post I was held for 2 weeks in Soi 9 and then 5 days in a Police cell at Banglamung and then 8 days in IDC in Bangkok. I've never been incarcerated in my life but I consider myself fairly resilient but hell that was something else I don't recommend sleeping on concrete floors with nothing else for 27 days straight and that was only part of the misery.  

Love to hear the whole story! Very interesting 

• Like 1

I too don't believe his story. I've been here 35 years and I've never heard of such goings-on. In my opinion there must be another reason for his problems and he hasn't told the full story. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

"Then I happened to see some Tourist Police nearby and asked them for their thoughts on the incident and they agreed to look into and also asked if I had some ID. I always carry my passport and I never thought they would even look to see that my visa had expired 6 days earlier and it was all down hill from there. "

?

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, robblok said:

Sounds like a wind up, cant imagine they lock you up with a 6 day overstay. There must be a bit more to this story.

Nothing that Thai immigration do will amaze me Rob, I have been done wrong twice by them.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, robblok said:

Sounds like a wind up, cant imagine they lock you up with a 6 day overstay. There must be a bit more to this story.

Agreed, especially if you have money to pay your fine and a ticket home. they could fast track you.?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, car720 said:

This is a wind up and people are falling into it left right and centre.

I have overstayed many times and have always just payed at the airport on the way out..  In Thailand money talks and bs walks.  Everyone knows this.

ive been here 18 years never over stayed 

• Like 1