Chinese boy killed at Pattaya temple

snoop1130

Chinese boy killed at Pattaya temple

37279895_2032881943411796_7187155254733963264_o.jpg

A six year old Chinese boy has died after being hit by a bus at a temple in Pattaya.

Local media reported the boy was chasing a cat when he ran behind the bus as it was reversing at the temple in Bang Lamung at 11.30am on Wednesday.

The boy had been visiting the temple with his family when the accident occured.

Police said the 37 year old driver of the bus had been detained pending further investigations.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2032881963411794&id=1906741406025851

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-18

When I was growing up a kid a few years younger than me that lived a few streets over died right on the next corner from where I lived after he crossed the street but apparently lost his shoe/sneaker and turned around to pick it up and got hit in the head by a bus.  The boy was about this age as I recall, circa 1965

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

the driver didn't do anything wrong RIP to the little boy but if someone had to get the blame, it is the boy parents why they not looking after their child? 

Chinese always walking on streets and not care about cars 

I lived in Shanghai and they have to have police at crosswalks to stop people from crossing when the light turns red. Not a bright bunch when it comes to traffic and moving vehicles. I imagine the bus had backup lights which the kid obviously did not pay attention to but I agree with most commentators, parents fault.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Probably no reversing horn....don't recall ever hearing one on a bus in Thailand....it may have saved this kid.

was going to ask the same question....MAKE the same point.....I have never heard a noise from reversing bus.....even if this bus had one would the kid have stopped and NOT gone behind the bus.....doubt it !!

• Like 1

A sad and needless loss of a young lad on Holiday with his folks.

This is the very kind of thing that makes Thailand a very dangerous place as a Holiday destination.

All buses and large commercial vehicles need to be fully fitted out with Audible Reversing Bleepers, Wide Angle Reversing Cameras, and also Tachographs to monitor Driver Hours and standards.

No longer is it good enough to ignore these kind of Safety measures in Thailand, with an ever increasing Tourist Sector.

Thailand has become a land of gross neglegence in he persuit of profits and greed.

RIP little Lad, and condolences to the Family.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Thailand has become a land of gross neglegence in he persuit of profits and greed.

It's not greed, it's a total lack of awareness of safety precautions. Thais have zero common sense or concept of cause and effect. That is why they often do the most stupid things, especially when driving. They simply have no idea that what they do might be dangerous.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's not greed, it's a total lack of awareness of safety precautions. Thais have zero common sense or concept of cause and effect. That is why they often do the most stupid things, especially when driving. They simply have no idea that what they do might be dangerous.

You have never been to Saudi!

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Which temple? Where did this accident happen? WWWW. The basic principle of reporting.

The basic principle of comprehension...read the OP and then read the link, all the information that you need I there.  So basic.

• Haha 1