White House weighs Putin proposal on questioning U.S. officials

webfact

If you ask yourself if Trump is a patriot, and has the good interests of the nation at heart, all you have to do is look at this proposal by Russia, and the fact that Tiny Don did not immediately say "are you out of your fracking mind? Who do you think I am? Do you really think I am that dumb, and that beholden to you"? The fact that none of that was said, tells us everything we need to know about this fake patriot. 

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you ask yourself if Trump is a patriot, and has the good interests of the nation at heart, all you have to do is look at this proposal by Russia, and the fact that Tiny Don did not immediately say "are you out of your fracking mind? Who do you think I am? Do you really think I am that dumb, and that beholden to you"? The fact that none of that was said, tells us everything we need to know about this fake patriot. 

Benedict Donald cares about just one thing: himself. 

On 7/19/2018 at 8:52 AM, webfact said:

Sanders added that Trump "said it was an interesting idea ... He wants to work with his team and determine if there is any validity that would be helpful to the process."

8 hours ago, Trouble said:

In the end this will not happen and everyone knows that.  This is just part of the news cycle.

So was Traitor Trump joking here? Was he lying here? Was he telling the truth here? That is the major problem with Traitor Trump...you just can't tell the truth from lies from kidding as he doesn't even seem to know himself.

Since you seem to have insider information on what he says is  truthful or not, maybe you can let me know how to tell when he is speaking truth, lie or just joking around? I guess it is whatever you feel fits your personal belief as do most of of his supporters as well. Or whatever is correct at the moment and subject to reversal as fake news or whatever.

Comrade rump has shown his true colors.  I can't even imagine a United States President ever considering making a former US Ambassador give up his Diplomatic Immunity so Putin and his team can question him.   To what end?  I got news  for Trump- The US Ambassador  and the US Embassy  are on our side.  That's the American side.   Not Russia's.

Trump is  just unable to accept the fact and it is a fact that Russia ala Putin ordered and executed a plan to influence the US election.  Trump refuses to accept it because that  makes his Presidency potentially illegitimate.  Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 Million.  His answer is that the election officials allowed illegal immigrants to vote.

Trump's supporters of course will discount that he did anything wrong.  It's all fake news  and everyone knows man never landed on the moon; President Kennedy is still alive and Santa Claus will be back this Christmas

Good Lord!!! Can it get any worse..

9 hours ago, Trouble said:

In the end this will not happen and everyone knows that.  This is just part of the news cycle.

What this whole thing shows, however, is just how much each side attempts to interfere in the other's business. Surely Russia suspects US individuals of attempting to cause trouble in their internal affairs. What is so unexpected to me is that anyone in America is surprised that the Russians would do what they did in hacking the emails of the DNC, etc.  It's known that they also attempted to do so to the RNC as well.  In reading the indictment it also seems that in some ways the Russians were kind of sloppy in not concealing the trail better.  It also makes one wonder just how the Mueller team (FBI, etc.) was able to track all this without hacking into computers outside the USA such at the one in Malaysia.  If they obtain all the information lawfully fine but it makes one wonder how they followed the trail all the way back to specific GRU units it a totally "lawful" manner.  It shouldn't be any surprise that the NSA, DIA, CIA are hacking into computers in other countries, listening to communications and reading emails of foreign governments, banking, business. They will call it defensive in nature but they are also offensively obtaining information anyway they can get it. The bigger issue seems to be that the GRU leaked their information through DCLeaks website causing havoc in DNC.  The American people should be happy to see what really goes on behind closed doors in the political parties.  It's the Bernie Sanders supporters that should be outraged. I think the Democrats' outrage is about the fact that it happened to the DNC and not the RNC.  I find the reaction on the left somewhat humorous.  The Chinese hack into computers of the Office of Personnel Management and steal information relating to over 20 million Americans and after a couple of weeks the news cycle drops the story.  So where is the continued outrage against the Chinese government.  Nowhere to be seen. The Dems loose an election and need to blame it on somebody so the Russian hack has become a major story for 1 1/2 years.  Get over it and move on.  The main focus should be on preventing future hacking.  The intelligence community readily admits there are numerous attempted hacks everyday from around the world.  It's going to happen again and the US intelligence agencies are doing it too.  There is no righteousness for anybody regarding this issue.   There is nothing put into electronic media, stored on a computer or the "cloud" that can't be hacked. It seems to be a fact of life in the 21st Century.  Might as well get used to it.

There are some useful points in this summary, but overall you miss the main point. Does the USA also interfere in other countries' elections? Both openly and surreptitiously, yes, of course they do and have done for longer than a Century. Do other countries try to interfere in the USA elections? Yes, both openly (Israel for example) and surreptitiously (Russia in this case). So there is no news there, it's old hat and long known, that's true. And of course there needs to be serious and urgent measures put in place to prevent a repeat in the mid-terms, although those who stand to benefit would have been pleased to let it (and specifically prevented allowing Americans to know about the Russian meddling prior to the presidential election). 

What's new is that in this case it appears there may well have been both open solicitation of assistance from abroad by one of the candidates (not normal and not kosher) and a dedicated and effective foreign team put in place that responded directly in ways that mirrored the interests and entreaties of the same benefiting parties. That's a line that previously hasn't been crossed, and is at the core of the Mueller investigation. There certainly was a remarkable amount of contact between known Russian operatives and senior members of the Trump campaign team and family. And there are already a lot of indictments that demonstrate that the prosecutors have enough evidence to begin charging these people. So that's the heart of the matter, not "sour grapes" over a lost election. In the past, conservatives would have been apoplectic about Russians being so close to the President. 

I remain unconvinced that there was a "plan" or explicit agreement among the parties to collude, it was more of a "nudge nudge, wink wink" type agreement. Trump knows this kind of business very well, how to make things happen without explicitly saying so, he's worked with the Mob for years. And he's clearly not one for carefully laid plans. I expect the investigation to uncover a wide-ranging Russian effort using all the usual Cold War methods  to influence the election at numerous levels (blackmail, sparrows like Butina, dirty money, hacking computers and election machines, social media propaganda) such that there won't be any lingering doubt that it happened and that there were numerous and extensive contacts between the different parties. The question will be whether any of them were stupid enough to leave voice or text messages that explicitly demonstrated or acknowledged cooperation. Clearly some were, we need to find out how high up it went.

2 hours ago, JCauto said:

The question will be whether any of them were stupid enough to leave voice or text messages that explicitly demonstrated or acknowledged cooperation. Clearly some were, we need to find out how high up it went.

Agree completely.  I would guess  that Trump knew what was going on and either overtly or tacitly approved it.  However, proving a direct link is another thing.

In addition, the dossier- indicating that Trump was compromised on a trip to Russia makes perfect sense. but does not rise to being illegal uless Trump was blackmailed and has provided the Russians with information.

If the Dems win the House this November- Trump will be impeached -however convicting him will be hard as the vote to convict has to be 67%. in favor.  Unless there is a smoking gun- meaning tapes or other with Trump speaking- it won't happen.

What is absolutely amazing to me is that so many Americans are willing to ignore potential treason/collusion with a foreign power like Russia to keep Trump in power.  Regardless of the Russian situation- Donald Trump is incompetent at best and a threat to the security of the United States at worst.

Archived