Cave group to be ordained into monkhood for nine days

webfact

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

We are NOT "guests" in Thailand .

No one asked us to come here and we were not invited by anyone .

We have gone uninvited into someone elses Country and we have to ask them to allow us to stay here 

One might even say expats have to beg them to allow them to stay. No hands & knees required, but certainly a lot of lining up and hoop jumping.

• Like 1

Although Thailand is heavily buddhist, more so than any other country in the world, the constitution deems to protect all religions.  I doubt whether they can use the boy's religion to debar him from citizenship.

As a footnote:  Christianity is becoming more popular in Thailand.

• Like 2

Although Thailand is heavily buddhist, more so than any other country in the world, the constitution deems to protect all religions.  I doubt whether they can use the boy's religion to debar him from citizenship.

As a footnote:  Christianity is becoming more popular in Thailand.

Hope your right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

We are NOT "guests" in Thailand .

No one asked us to come here and we were not invited by anyone .

We have gone uninvited into someone elses Country and we have to ask them to allow us to stay here

Thai tourism begs us to come here every hour of every day

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/23/2018 at 6:10 AM, bluesofa said:

How come all thirteen are becoming monks.

I thought one of them was Christian, or is he ambidextrous?

Only 11 of them were ordained as Buddhist monks, the Christian kid was not.

Which makes me like Thailand even more, because they respected his beliefs.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

Only 11 of them were ordained as Buddhist monks, the Christian kid was not.

Which makes me like Thailand even more, because they respected his beliefs.  

The coach was ordained as a monk, the 11 were ordained as novices - white robes.

We don't really know whether they respected his beliefs or he or his guardians put their foot down and will suffer repercussions. The story isn't fully told yet.

20 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

The coach was ordained as a monk, the 11 were ordained as novices - white robes.

We don't really know whether they respected his beliefs or he or his guardians put their foot down and will suffer repercussions. The story isn't fully told yet.

Is it really important to know more about the circumstances? 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 7:35 AM, khaowong1 said:

In Thailand that wont go over very well.  Especially if he's one of those who doesn't have legit papers.  

He doesn't. But he's looked after by the church - the Christian communities up there are quite well integrated with the Buddhists. 

On 7/25/2018 at 9:45 AM, HHTel said:

It might even help. Some of the missionary schools and organisations are run by people who are quite well connected here. 

2 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Actually, novices wear yellow robes.  jus"saying. 

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

He doesn't. But he's looked after by the church - the Christian communities up there are quite well integrated with the Buddhists. 

Really, well integrated? Honestly speaking, I hate these Mormons, Jehovah's' Witnesses, etc..and how they approach Thais and tell them that their religious view of life is wrong.

A few years back, the Mormons had signs at their bicycles that learning English would be free if they join their club and sing some weird songs on Sundays. I was born as a Roman Catholic, but how can anybody believe in all these lies?

There's no good, or bad religion and Buddhism is more a way of life. How many times were they wrong with the end of the world? 

Mormons, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Jehovas' Witness, Seven Days Adventists. How the heck can you explain to anybody that they all believe in the same god? 

• Like 1

Really, well integrated? Honestly speaking, I hate these Mormons, Jehovah's' Witnesses, etc..and how they approach Thais and tell them that their religious view of life is wrong.

A few years back, the Mormons had signs at their bicycles that learning English would be free if they join their club and sing some weird songs on Sundays. I was born as a Roman Catholic, but how can anybody believe in all these lies?

There's no good, or bad religion and Buddhism is more a way of life. How many times were they wrong with the end of the world? 

Mormons, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Jehovas' Witness, Seven Days Adventists. How the heck can you explain to anybody that they all believe in the same god? 

Riding bikes with a neck-tie on, in a tropical country seems so odd to me too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DILLIGAD said:

The headman ( no idea how to call them) of Sisaket's Jehova's Witnesses', an Italian, had been an English teacher many moons ago at Anub.

He always came by for a chat, but he always had such a weird brochure, also called "the Watchtower" for me. When he came back after two weeks and saw the brochure at the same place where I threw it at, he really surprised me and pulled one out that was in Germish!!! 

That was also the time when I had to point to the door, told him that he'd be welcome if he'd leave his religion outside of our property.

You can't make such things up, can you? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I'm not talking about the validity of any of these religious viewpoints. Just the question of how well integrated and tolerated they are up in the hilltribe border areas. In those cases, what good is Buddhism to a kid like Adul, who'd fall lowest in the pecking order of what is (really a very non Buddhist) hierarchy? The church has basically taken care of him, taught him four languages and (stateless issue aside) made him arguably better equipped to deal with the world than any of the other kids in that group. If you think he's not integrated due to being of a different religion, how do you explain why the kids welcomed him as part of their football team and peer group? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

I've never seen a bicycle wearing a neck-tie, only a bell.

I remember twenty-five years ago there were a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses going door-to-door, covering a multi-storey Thai apartment block in Klong Toey.

Later saw them being apprehended by the police, asking about their lack of work permits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Many thai schools have boys wearing mandatory neck ties from the age of 4 years old. Seems u never noticed it??

after being stuck in a cave then stuck in hospital now being ordained again?

shoudnt they just be at school and at home with their parents instead?