Priority queues at Swampy

thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

You're correct, i don't believe it's advertised, i knew that BFS operated a lot of the check inns.

The 1st BFS girl that met me was unaware of this, she checked with the staff and was able to skip the queue. The 2nd girl that me me was aware, i was waiting in line when she rocked up and she pulled me aside when Biz class check in was empty.

I've been using BFS for a few years now and i have to say the service is very good, they're always on time, always call to confirm etc.

Also, most of the staff are easy on the eyes!

Is it only at Swampy? or DMK, as well?

28 minutes ago, mekko said:

Because he paid meet and greet and fast track immigration, and you have to meet them somewhere so she can fast track you through immigration, it's a personal touch rather than just shoving the fast track card in your hand, also on airlines not managed by BFS, the checkin staff won't be handing over their own fast track cards (they cost), or doing BFSs work for them (hey mr smith, BFS asked me to give you this too - wont happen), so just easier to do end to end meet and greet. 

There's no openly about it, Fast track check-in is not advertised. 

This BFS rep will also meet you once through immigration for signature of their form, she'll even come for a coffee and keep you company for a bit if you wish....

• Haha 2

No worries, cobber. I had a quick look on their website and couldn't see. I'll drop them an email. DMK is handier for a trip to KL. Last time I went to Singapore, the flight from Swampy to Changi was shorter than the trip from Ayutthaya to Swampy.

11 minutes ago, newatthis said:

No worries, cobber. I had a quick look on their website and couldn't see. I'll drop them an email. DMK is handier for a trip to KL. Last time I went to Singapore, the flight from Swampy to Changi was shorter than the trip from Ayutthaya to Swampy.

BFS at DMK would be excellent, the queues there can be horrendous...

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure what the "payment" refers to. Fast track inbound or outbound is determined by class of travel although some independent agencies will do meet and greet for a nominal fee. There was a thread a few weeks back suggesting these priority lane cards were being sold at the airport but didn't follow the story to see if it is true. However, if someone is selling them en masse to Chinese tour groups, then it looks like being forewarned won't make it any quicker.

Anyway, if the OP is on 1-year extension of any sort, he can use the Priority lane to the left side of the east Immigration Hall. That's the one furthest east and NOT the small central one solely for First Class, 70 years and older and other VIP types. The west Immigration Hall doesn't have the same Priority lane.

There are companies that sell the vouchers online. The Chinese tour groups I have no idea how they got to be there but probably 1000 under the table and through you go! 

2 hours ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi Folks 

On my Next and possible last trip to Aussie I will be 80.

I also have a bad heart and find it impossible to walk very far.

I am seriously looking at booking or asking for a wheelchair from the check-in area.

Is this feasible especially when presenting passport to the I/O?

any advice on costs or how to use the service?

I am also thinking about which Airline to use IE reasonably price, comfort ETC.

I feel that Singapore airlines or Thai  will be my Best options   

Contact your preferred airline before you book and see what they can do for you, if your not happy with what they propose, try booking thru fast track immigration where they will provide you with a golf cart all the way to your assigned departure gate, and going on my past experiences flying to Oz, most of their departure gates are the furtherest gate on their particular concourse. 

• Like 1

As a 70 y.o. Australian I use priority lanes incoming and outgoing at Bkk airport   . Both are easily accessible but the over 70s are looking younger each visit  and on occasions I have seen these younger 70 y.o. rejected and send back to their correct lanes. I applaud thai officials for helping us old buggers thank you.

Edited by THE REVERAND
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jmccarty said:

The uniformed handlers recently told me I need a  separate letter from the BOI for every flight to go through the priority line.  That was not needed for the 5 years before then when to/fro.

I have a letter, but I use the same one every time I come in. I present it to immigration, they inspect it, and hand it back. The letter is valid for the duration of the WP, and is dated as such.

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure what the "payment" refers to. Fast track inbound or outbound is determined by class of travel although some independent agencies will do meet and greet for a nominal fee. There was a thread a few weeks back suggesting these priority lane cards were being sold at the airport but didn't follow the story to see if it is true. However, if someone is selling them en masse to Chinese tour groups, then it looks like being forewarned won't make it any quicker.

Anyway, if the OP is on 1-year extension of any sort, he can use the Priority lane to the left side of the east Immigration Hall. That's the one furthest east and NOT the small central one solely for First Class, 70 years and older and other VIP types. The west Immigration Hall doesn't have the same Priority lane.

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Is that for both inbound and outbound?

How can you tell the difference between the East Immigration and the West Immigration?

I have been in and out of Swampy many times, and every time I arrive you just follow the normal signs. I have never noticed East or West.

11 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Bangkok flight services provide the service in and out for 950 baht.
They also assist in jumping the queue at check in as most of the check in staff are BFS staff and not actually airline employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Another lazy typist. What is BSF?

6 hours ago, phkauf said:

Huh? Does this apply for those on Retirement Extension with multi-entry Visa? I never heard about this. Great news if it does. And is it for departure or entry or both?

Every time, I've asked the Immigration knuckleheads if I could use the fast lanes with an extension permit and MEV they tell me no.

On Arrival ONLY. If you have a valid, long-term extension for retirement, you can use the same priority Lane that is flagged with THAI banner and is the 'fast track' for non-Business or non-First Class pax that need special attention such as elderly, invalided, wheelchair bound or families with children.

I cannot say if a multi-entry, 1-year visa has the same permissions and also unsure if those on marriage extensions are allowed to use this.

I am on a retirement extension and have used it frequently (most recently last month) since I was made aware of it over 2 years ago.

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Can you clarify that?  When you refer to the Priority Lane "to the left side" and then to  "furthest East" do you mean the furthest on the right or are you not referring to actual compass directions?  Furthest East and the left side do not correlate.  Which direction are you heading when you approach the Immigration lanes? 

On Arrival, here are TWO main, large immigration halls separated by one small VIP and First Class immigration hall.

The westernmost large immigration hall (nearest gates E, F & G) does NOT have the above mentioned THAI Priority lane on the far left side as you go up the ramp.

The easternmost large immigration hall (nearest gates A, B & C) DOES have the above mentioned THAI Priority lane on the far left side as you go up the ramp. That's the one I mentioned above and use if traveling back-of-the-bus.

Edited by NanLaew

6 hours ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi Folks 

I am seriously looking at booking or asking for a wheelchair from the check-in area.

Hi,

I just used the Wheel Chair Service myself my first time 2 days ago. I am getting up in age with a bad hip, but mostly from a chest infection I have trouble breathing right now, and thus can't walk too far.

All my wife did was tell them when getting our Boarding Passes. Soon they had this young guy with a Wheel Chair for me to get in. When it was time to leave he came and got me and took me through Baggage Check and onward to my Gate. I got there in plenty of time. 

When it was time to Board they came and got me and I was the first to Board. It was a Domestic Flight and once we landed I had a Wheel Chair waiting for me there. They took me through Baggage Claim and out of the airport to wait for my ride. 

I must say I was very impressed with this service and also very greatful. My Gate was far off and I honestly don't know how I would have made it that far without this help. There was no additional cost as this service was free.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE REVERAND said:

As a 70 y.o. Australian I use priority lanes incoming and outgoing at Bkk airport   . Both are easily accessible but the over 70s are looking younger each visit  and on occasions I have seen these younger 70 y.o. rejected and send back to their correct lanes. I applaud thai officials for helping us old buggers thank you.

Under seventies cheating?? Their date of birth is on their passports.

Are you not exaggerating this a bit Reverand? An IO on a bad day may check your passport, these people just love their authority.

Edited by possum1931

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Another lazy typist. What is BSF?

Don't know what BSF is.....

But if you read the first 3 words of what you quoted that's a pretty big clue to what BFS is...

17 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Erm because I identified myself to her when I saw the name card she was holding.

I was waiting in the line coz I was early for meeting her, is that ok?

Any more questions? Are you a policeman?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last time I flew out of Bangkok with Emirates I was ushered to the empty business class

desk and when I told them I was traveling economy, they said " no problem, no business class customer 

waiting" I didn't prearrange anything or pay a fee, I guess I was lucky.

Despite this superstar treatment, the plane still took off on time and I eventually touched 

down in Glasgow within a couple of minutes of the advertised time.

Edited by shy coconut

1 hour ago, Denim said:

As of last Friday BFS not longer offer fast track premium service on arrival.

Apparently, immigration will no longer allow them to operate this service.

Where did you hear this?

23 hours ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi Folks 

No problem at all. Ask the airline and they will arrange it. Airline responsibility. Free. Might be asked for a tip by the guy pushing the wheelchair.

Thai Air did not require a Dr's certificate or anything. Excellent service. Thai Air economy on the flights I use has good leg room in economy

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Last time I flew out of Bangkok with Emirates I was ushered to the empty business class

desk and when I told them I was traveling economy, they said " no problem, no business class customer 

waiting" I didn't prearrange anything or pay a fee, I guess I was lucky.

Despite this superstar treatment, the plane still took off on time and I eventually touched 

down in Glasgow within a couple of minutes of the advertised time.

Awesome! You lost a bit of the luster when you finished the story with a landing at Abbotsinch though.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Denim said:

As of last Friday BFS not longer offer fast track premium service on arrival.

Apparently, immigration will no longer allow them to operate this service.

8 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Where did you hear this?

It is clearly displayed on the BFS website....:thumbsup: