Aluminium free deodorant in Thailand ? Are they available ? Which brand ? How much ?

imcagr

hello,

sorry to ask this not so important question but I tried to search and couldn't find any aluminium free deodorant in Thailand, are they available ?

can I know where, what and how much ?

And if you have to order from abroad, same questions :-)

Thanks you a lot !

• Like 1

Old Spice 'Pure Sport' or 'Fresh' High Endurance deodorant (not anti-perspirant) from Amazon.com.  A little pricey, but ships to Thailand.  4 pack, 3 oz each, $16, $21 shipping.  I get it when I return to the US.  3 oz lasts me at least 3 months and I've used it for years.

San som, available as stones in every market. B5/kilo here.

Yes, the mineral salt alum does have aluminum but its molecules are too large to be absorbed by your pores so it's not a concern.

I don't sand san som smooth, just wet it and apply gently to your wet pits and it will be smooth enough after a few days of use.

The foreigners who opine san som doesn't work is because you have to be clean first. Doesn't cover up your stink, just keeps the smell-creating bacteria at bay. Use it after every shower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoyLee said:

The best deodorant I've ever used is rubbing alcohol.  A good scrub with my washcloth dabbed with alcohol and I'm good for a couple days.

Geez, after days you can mingle with pigs in a stall? No shower? 5555

• Like 2

I have used Nivea before and there is a non Aluminium variety, but can't remember name. I also use "Playboy" brand from Tops supermarket, comes in a camouflage coloured can, it works OK. I can't use normal sprays as they make me itch and causes a rash.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peterb17 said:

It’s simple - just don’t use them - shower and change your shirt  at least  twice a day - after a while of not clogging up pores in your skin.

You will always smell as fresh as a daisy . 

Yes we can smell how clean are many foreigners in Thailand...

Crazy to even believe in what you said. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

These natural/crystal deodorants do contain aluminium, if that's what people are afraid of, so changing to them seems pointless.

And as for the aluminium deodorant and cancer myth...….that's just what it is.

https://www.cancerwa.asn.au/resources/cancermyths/deodorants-breast-myth/ 

There is insufficient evidence to support the myth that applying deodorant or antiperspirant after shaving will increase the risk of cancer, as demonstrated by the 2002 study mentioned above. The American Cancer Society (ACS) states that the main risk related to using theses products is that they can cause skin irritation if a razor nick or cut is infected.

And then within the next 20 years we will know the truth and that it was dangerous...

Just like it happens with most substances and meds.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Just stop shaving your armpits and take a shower once in a while. Deodorants are for the stupid part of the world's population (90%)

So wise ! armpit air is the most disgusting thing that I can see on people.

Deodorants are just sprays to mask the odour and are without aluminium, such as Nivea Fresh Active.

The spray cans labelled "anti-perspirant"  are the ones with the aluminium.

There's a thai version of that crystal which can be bought at larger 7-11s and some pharmacies. See pic below. t's about 60 Baht and last for months.

20180727_171306.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, peterb17 said:

It’s simple - just don’t use them - shower and change your shirt  at least  twice a day - after a while of not clogging up pores in your skin.

There are occasions that I have found where it is better for a bloke to not smell like a daisy......................:thumbsup:

Just Sayin'..........................:tongue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, garet said:

Deodorants are just sprays to mask the odour and are without aluminium, such as Nivea Fresh Active.

The spray cans labelled "anti-perspirant"  are the ones with the aluminium.

There's a thai version of that crystal which can be bought at larger 7-11s and some pharmacies. See pic below. t's about 60 Baht and last for months.

20180727_171306.jpg

Totally useless to smell good. Maybe useful to avoid smelling bad too quickly.

And it's called ALUM, but the purpose of this thread seems to avoid aluminium in products...

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

These natural/crystal deodorants do contain aluminium, if that's what people are afraid of, so changing to them seems pointless.

And as for the aluminium deodorant and cancer myth...….that's just what it is.

I knew somebody who died from the cancer that came from the deodorant she was using.......so thank you doctor for your ten cents. I use the Aramis deodorant stick, the one without aluminum. I have somebody bring them in for me from the US.

i also stopped decades ago using pots and pans made of aluminum as it gets into your system, stainless steel only for my family.

10 hours ago, peterb17 said:

So you think!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goegoe said:

And then within the next 20 years we will know the truth and that it was dangerous...

Just like it happens with most substances and meds.

No it doesn't....but once in a while it does and those further down the food chain miss the point and jump to the conclusion it happens to everything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I knew somebody who died from the cancer that came from the deodorant she was using.......so thank you doctor for your ten cents.

If this was true then sue the company...……...don't have a go at someone who reproduced scientific research here!

39 minutes ago, Mansell said:

i also stopped decades ago using pots and pans made of aluminum as it gets into your system, stainless steel only for my family.

The myth surrounding aluminium started when it was found in brain slices of deceased dementia patients. Later it was found an aluminium microtome was used to prepare the specimens.

A fresh aluminium surface automatically oxidizes to aluminium oxide. The only chemicals which can dissolve aluminium oxide are concentrated sodium hydroxide and hydrofluoric acid - neither of which are present in the human stomach, or in food stuffs.

As for stainless steel, one can find plenty of fringe naturopaths claiming chromium, nickel and molybdenum are bad for you. I guess that's why restaurants and hospitals have so much of the stuff.

• Thanks 1