Information Amnat Charoen ( Yasothon )

napoleon3

1 hour ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Screw Amnat, found them difficult to deal with and after climbing a mountain of stairs to get in, not a happy bunny. Probably only get a 60 dat stamp.

Never had a problem provided you know what you want and have the correct documentation.

1 hour ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Go to Mukdahan get a multiple entry and report back every 90 day’s much easier and better for shopping.

Multiple entry what?

You can only applying for an extension at the IO in the district of where your registered address is.

I always know what I want. I have a multiple entry based on marriage which I always get in Savannaket. My address is registered in Loengnoktha and my yellow book shows this. Loengnoktha comes under the province of Yasothon, never had a problem and never go to Yasothon, just pass through, rarely.

20 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

I always know what I want. I have a multiple entry based on marriage which I always get in Savannaket. My address is registered in Loengnoktha and my yellow book shows this. Loengnoktha comes under the province of Yasothon, never had a problem and never go to Yasothon, just pass through, rarely.

Then all your going to get from an Immigration office is a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

You can't make 90 day reports, you have to leave and re-enter every 90 days to obtain another 90 day permission to stay.

2 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Screw Amnat, found them difficult to deal with and after climbing a mountain of stairs to get in, not a happy bunny. Probably only get a 60 dat stamp.

What more did you expect?

2 hours ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Go to Mukdahan get a multiple entry and report back every 90 day’s much easier and better for shopping.

Op will have registered address in Yasothon, so has to use the Amnat office.

He is applying for an extension (a permit, not a Visa) and can apply for a multi re-entry permit if required.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

As I was trying to say, perhaps not to clearly I go to Savannaket every 90 day’s.

I remember the Amnat experience as not being good although that’s my opinion.

Change the address in the yellow book and start again, 60 day’s from Amnat or 90 from Savannaket, choice is yours.

14 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

The OP is going to his wife's village in Kut Chum which is about 40-50 km from Yasothon city. He and his wife have been married for 17 years. He his returning to his wife's roots. I congratulate him on this wise move. Anyday, I would rather be in Kut Chum than Pattaya, where he currently lives. 

I strongly suggest to leither69 to kick himself hard where it hurts, because he knows nothing about the wider district of Yasothon, let alone long lasting love and family friendship.

My wife and I really appriciate this very heart warming comment.

Thank you very much. ?

4 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

Change the address in the yellow book and start again, 60 day’s from Amnat or 90 from Savannaket, choice is yours.

Perhaps you haven't read the OP's postings correctly.

He is currently on an extension of stay.

After formally changing his address at Amnat, he will continue to renew his extension there.

He will never apply for a 60 day extension (only applicable to those on a Visa)

The extension allows him to stay for 1 year.

Unlike the ME Non Imm O Visa that you hold, the OP will have to apply for a re-entry permit to exit/re-enter Thailand to keep his permission to stay valid for 1 year. Also unlike yourself though he can make 90 day reports and is not forced to leave the Country at some point within that 1 year.

• Like 1