Air Quality in Pattaya?

swissie

As widely known, in some European coutries, air-quality is measured religiously. CO2 + Nitrogen Oxides etc etc. "No drive" days for Diesel fueled cars being considerd.(A mass-panic in the making).

Any Air-Quality measuring taking place in Pattaya? (Soi Post Office / Second Road would be a good spot for this).

I have a funny feeling about this: I am afraid, if the measured results would be made public, even staunch non smokers would be tempted to take up smoking, under the Motto: It dosn't matter anyway!
Not that slightly elevated air pollution levels would deter Tourists from visiting, especially not as long as Pattaya features pristine beaches.

I myself have no problems with air pollution in Pattaya: I live in Go Go Bars! A quick look at the brownish/blackish filters of the AC unit tells me that there is all the airborne dirt trapped that otherwise would have ended up in my lungs.
Cheers.
Rats! (blimey), can't find this emojie that displays "mild sarcasm".

• Like 1

My air filters in my forced air filtration system, away from main roads, are pitch lack with sticky carbon residue within 1 week of use. Certainly no good air here. Not even talking about sewage smells and garbage all around. Classy holiday destination. MS>

Fresh breeze, yes you are right, I caught one recently, the wind came from southwest and I was standing till my chin in the sea tackled by jellyfish (they really don't smell) and oh yes, because of the southwesterly winds the smoke of the burning garbage went to soistalker's condo.  ...until a two stroke jet-sky passed just 20 meters beside me *cough Cough*

Soistalker you must have got an overdose Pattaya air,  it was no plastic it was an old scooter tire that I wanted to get rid of and added it to the burning pile of leaves and 7/eleven paper cups..  

On 8/8/2018 at 2:43 AM, See Will said:

*cough cough* ain't that bad at all.

Pattaya the city of 1000 smells:

Our smog chaser Journey starts 7am in Darkside, Pa Tong Go mixes with eye burning chili steam and sometimes you get overtaken by a black smoking chip tuned pick up which goes well along with the fumes of a blaring scooter without exhaust and two stroke engine.

We are coming onto Sukhumvit rd, if you not get hit by a car and sniff the oil spill directly from the asphalt, you will get this stench between workshop, battery acid odor, mixed with food stands and off cause the black smoking pick up overtakes you again and as dessert a bit of high compressed fuel water vapror what the old transit bus Bangkok-Pattaya releases with a big sneeze.

If the greenies in your nose are not turned black by then, Pattaya Klang will surprise you with some new smell experience fresh out of the sewage systems and dizzi as <deleted> you end up at the beach road where some fresh sea breeze mixes with cold ashtray and spilled beer from the night before.. Darn I forgot that garbage truck what I couldn't overtake for at least 700 meters how nice was that!! 

And then you are in the Paradise, the holy grail of all:  Walking Street (7:30am by then) you only have one last wish, jumping of the scooter and stuff your nose right into the next fanny belonging to one of them who not had the opportunity getting dragged out of insomnia by a group of Jikkles for a gangbang meanwhile drunk as a fart and hanging over a bar stool and scream with a raunchy voice, hello welcome, not realizing its morning.. the Beer and Cocktail mix in her breath takes you to the next dimension..

But actually the air is quite ok in Pattaya, Kind of... 

Sounds like a great way to start the day!! 

Do you have her phone number? 

Edited by tryasimight

I believe this is the gov't air quality measurement site. 

http://aqmthai.com/aqi.php?lang=en

The nearest test station is 32t Thung Sukhla, Si Racha, Chon Buri.  You ideally want to see the AQI color blue (below 50).  As I type this it is currently 34.  Over 100 is where you probably want to limit outdoor activity.

You can also create your own reports and charts going out to a year or more.

http://aqmthai.com/public_report.php

It helps that Pattaya is by the sea.  The air quality up north during burning season seems to be much worse.  I wouldn't want to live up there just because of that.

Edited by lapd

I own an AQI meter and measure almost daily .   (Naklue area). The gadget is very precise , same as they use in China .

March / April were the worst months , June until August has been really good here compared to Bangkok .