Boris Johnson slammed over Islamophobic comments

webfact

Just now, Opl said:

it's not a "veiled" it's "full-face covering"… give us a break if you can't grasp the difference

there's no difference! a veil is also a full face covering. and that offends you? :cheesy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

They are "indefensible because they offend many? " And why do these "many" have a superseding right to have their feelings protected from hurt? What actual damages to their persons, property, or reputation of these poor offended souls are incurred?

It is our country with customs and mores built over centuries. Everyone is welcome but expect our norms. I think OUR  feelings on this are supreme. What do you mean by superseding? Timing? These things are unequivocally ugly. Ban them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Banning face coverings has as much to do with English mores and customs as would banning the caste marks worn by various Hindu citizens of the UK.

Yes and no. The caste system is barbaric. But Wahabbism is  a special brand of misogyny. Are you really so unaware of Wahabbism?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

Yes and no. The caste system is barbaric. But Wahabbism is  a special brand of misogyny. Are you really so unaware of Wahabbism?

Who could be unaware of it, you’ve been banging on about Wahabbism since the start of this thread.

This despite it has nothing to do with the subjected under discussion ( Boris Johnson’s comments) and despite it being explained to you that even in Jeddah ( Makkah Province, Saudi Arabia) full face covering is by no streatch of imagination universal, and women not covering their face or hair is common place.

Your heads in an Islamophobic loop - not at all healthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the imam in the mosque condems the women not wearing the veil as sinner and punishment will be that they suffer in their live after death. thus leaves the muslima no choice as to comply hence no freedom is ever given. thats reality for muslimas.

wbr

roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01
mistake corrected
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your guessing again.

As I’ve told you many times my nationality is non of your business.

I must admit the user name suggested to me that he was certainly a long lost relation of Sir Jeffrey Hillpig-Smyth

Sir Jeffrey's history

Sorry that was rather off topic but it was a connection my brain came up with.

Back to the subject, I am surprised that no one has brought up the subject of Pan-nationalism with regard to Islam. It is a very relevant aspect.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Believe me, I have absolutely no interest in your nationality at all.

But clearly you are not British, so your avid interest in British threads indicates that you have an agenda.

It also indicates that you are talking about things you have no experience or knowledge of.

There you go with more unfounded assumptions.

You are once again, off topic and making assumptions about my nationality.

My nationality is a piece of personal information I do not share in this forum  and once again I find I have to ask you not to attempt to reveal this personal information.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had to make this point to you.

Your continuing posts on this matter are well out of order.

• Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

How many of those women are not under threat of death from the fundamentalists?

ANd how many have actually been killed? And how many secular or moderate Muslim women are there in the UK? Do you have any data for that? Or are you just spewing baseless allegations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There you go with more unfounded assumptions.

You are once again, off topic and making assumptions about my nationality.

My nationality is a piece of personal information I do not share in this forum  and once again I find I have to ask you not to attempt to reveal this personal information.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had to make this point to you.

Your continuing posts on this matter are well out of order.

It's a sure sign that when someone like My Thai Life has a weak case, he's going to try to make it personal. That's what trolls do.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I must admit the user name suggested to me that he was certainly a long lost relation of Sir Jeffrey Hillpig-Smyth

Sir Jeffrey's history

Sorry that was rather off topic but it was a connection my brain came up with.

Back to the subject, I am surprised that no one has brought up the subject of Pan-nationalism with regard to Islam. It is a very relevant aspect.

Indeed. Many people seem to be talking about Muslims as if they are all the same, when they are no more similar that Christians from different parts of the world. A Saudi Muslim is very different from one in Indonesia, or Newcastle. Like Christians they also have a book which is supposed to be their guide in life, and the religion is split between sects.

• Like 1