UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

21 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Nobody takes this sort of gamble unless they really have to- that's the point! And nobody takes a gamble when the best result- note the best result- is merely not to lose!  That's mad unless there is some other gain to be had, which there does not appear because sovereignty is still ceded.

Well most Uk businesses have already indicated that Corbyn is bad for business if there was a General Election I expect people will still vote for Labour knowing that they may be poorer as a result 

Corbyn becoming PM is 'worse threat to business than Brexit', says bank

Report by Morgan Stanley says general election likely in 2018, and Labour winning could damage valuations of UK companies

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/27/corbyn-becoming-pm-is-worse-threat-to-british-business-than-brexit-says-bank

I guess the other option would to be ban candidates from standing in a general election but not sure if that would go down well with some people 

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

How you can paint so many different people with the same brush,leads me to beleive your ignorance is amazing.

there is work for everyone in the UK who wants it,anyone who cares to do it will NOT be in poverty,many who choose not to are still NOT in poverty thanks to benefits,anything left over are just bone idle,takes no working out.the UK and its politicians are doind their best to destroy this as all the forecasts have shown today.

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Just as a matter of interest,is this the same Carney who predicted in the run up to the referendum, that the British economy would collapse,in the event of the British people democratically voting to leave the E.u.

863B0D17-1776-4ADC-AC5B-8987B3856FA4.jpeg

carney is a clown,but it shows how backward the UK is when they cannot even find a Brit to do such an important job,imagine a brit getting such a job in the USA or Germany or even Canada,he has decimated the pound for years with his negative talk,with the usual it will help exports crap,err sorry mr C but it didnt,he talked for 2-3 years of raising rates from 0.50% what happened? he cut them <deleted>,his predictions for brexit werent to far off as GDP did slow and the pound did collapse but brexit hasnt happened yet so the jurys still out.His forecasts today i believe could well happen but MPs are unlikely to take notice,i prefer to listen to businesses and they predict a similar story to his,so pretty scary even more so for expats if his worst case scenario of a 25% drop in sterling comes true (i predict a 10% fall) anybody looking forward to 31bt/pound,

59 minutes ago, bomber said:

carney is a clown,but it shows how backward the UK is when they cannot even find a Brit to do such an important job,imagine a brit getting such a job in the USA or Germany or even Canada,he has decimated the pound for years with his negative talk,with the usual it will help exports crap,err sorry mr C but it didnt,he talked for 2-3 years of raising rates from 0.50% what happened? he cut them <deleted>,his predictions for brexit werent to far off as GDP did slow and the pound did collapse but brexit hasnt happened yet so the jurys still out.His forecasts today i believe could well happen but MPs are unlikely to take notice,i prefer to listen to businesses and they predict a similar story to his,so pretty scary even more so for expats if his worst case scenario of a 25% drop in sterling comes true (i predict a 10% fall) anybody looking forward to 31bt/pound,

I see super rich have the pound at 41:90 I don't follow it that closely but that's as low as I can remember.its gone down 20% since the referendum? They did say all this would happen when Brexit actually happens and we will find out on 11-12 when they vote in parliament.strap in this could be a rough ride.

4 hours ago, bomber said:

well paid clown it seems,

maybe stand up comedian

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Surprisingly, none of the media reports I agree with are biased, yet all the ones I disagree with seem to be...

Not surprisingly, most people mistake opinion based on evidence for bias.

I'm always amazed at how utterly infantile most expats are when they come to sorting the wheat from the chaff in the media.

• Haha 1

Not surprisingly, most people mistake opinion based on evidence for bias.
I'm always amazed at how utterly infantile most expats are when they come to sorting the wheat from the chaff in the media.

Indeed, people that are of the same opinion as I am, are unbiased and merely draw conclusions based on facts. People that consider the same facts yet come to a different opinion are biased.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Indeed, people that are of the same opinion as I am, are unbiased and merely draw conclusions based on facts. People that consider the same facts yet come to a different opinion are biased.

and of course, the conclusion is that facts are seriously divisive,

better hide the facts and jointly focus on the glory tales, may unite the nation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

What "facts"???

All I've read is opinion and 'forecasts' - and even those producing the 'forecasts' admit that it's just a 'forecast' (certainly not a fact!) based on assumptions!

Their 'forecasts' have never (?) been correct previously - and yet some take them as gospel now.....

dunno, the facts that mogandave talks about I guess

my expectation was that my post would be interpreted as a joke

but in these dire times . . . . .

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

well paid clown it seems,

maybe stand up comedian

yes and the leave voters want to give more power to the people that employ clowns like this,give me a frog or german any day.The UK couldnt organise a poss up in a brewery.

9 hours ago, adammike said:

I see super rich have the pound at 41:90 I don't follow it that closely but that's as low as I can remember.its gone down 20% since the referendum? They did say all this would happen when Brexit actually happens and we will find out on 11-12 when they vote in parliament.strap in this could be a rough ride.

pound is a tad above a 20 year low,the day before brexit is was around 53.5 a no deal would of boosted it to probably 55-57 also GDP would of been higher and inflation lower so possibly it could of been nearer 60,instead its averaged 43 thats a 25% hit and its more or less across all currencies,the extra money spent by brits overseas since brexit must be into the billions and rising,money that could of been spent in the UK,of all the predictions the drop in sterling was the one that was spot on and will be the same again if/when we do leave for good,most of carneys other worst case predictions look to be OTT and my thinking is cut them in half and you wont be far away from reality,so basically were still donald ducked. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Well most Uk businesses have already indicated that Corbyn is bad for business if there was a General Election I expect people will still vote for Labour knowing that they may be poorer as a result 

Corbyn becoming PM is 'worse threat to business than Brexit', says bank

Report by Morgan Stanley says general election likely in 2018, and Labour winning could damage valuations of UK companies

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/27/corbyn-becoming-pm-is-worse-threat-to-british-business-than-brexit-says-bank

I guess the other option would to be ban candidates from standing in a general election but not sure if that would go down well with some people 

And banks aren't exactly flavour of the month.  There is nothing wrong with an adequate social welfare policy and responsibly managed market economy; we have neither under the present Government.  Personally, I don't mind which party delivers it.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree with the first part of your second para. re. some leave campaigners - but you're forgetting that that the vast majority of the media/politicians/'establishment' were telling them that a leave result would result in doomsday!

A large percentage of the  electorate finally recognised the pure propaganda, and preferred to rely on what they knew via their own lives. IMO of course.

There's a difference between today and 2016. The day after the vote nothing changed, we were still in the EU, no disruption, no change in rules or processes. Yet the pound has fallen, GDP growth slowed and inward investment is well below expectations, so has slowed also. And that's was basically on a change in sentiment and business confidence. So not armageddon but not exactly the sunlit uplands either. But the day after "no deal" is on a different scale in terms of the actual changes ... everything changes, some foreseeable and others not ... and that is likely to be a much harder economic landing with real life consequences.

And my point is that the people who are advocating that do not believe they will be affected, but many others will pay the price, including the MP's who create it. Something that will be uppermost in their minds ... for them there are consequences also, so I think that they will go for some soft option, or pass it back to the public, who will toss it in the bin.