UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

52 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Sterling dropping like a stone. Looks like the Hard Brexiteers are winning.

since brexit the drop in sterling has cost the UK billions of pounds,inflation and everything costing 12-15% when a brit travels oversea's,£1500-2000 was the amount stated that brexit would cost every adult in the UK it seems about right to me,a no deal and the job losses that it will bring will double it at least,all for the sake of a few thousand less pole's,and the daft thing is they are starting to return home anyway because of the shit ex rate and their own economy improving,as for Italy or any other nation leaving,dont be so stupid they have seen the mess it brings no others will be as stupid as to follow suit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Sterling dropping like a stone. Looks like the Hard Brexiteers are winning.

since brexit the drop in sterling has cost the UK billions of pounds,inflation and everything costing 12-15% when a brit travels oversea's,£1500-2000 was the amount stated that brexit would cost every adult in the UK it seems about right to me,a no deal and the job losses that it will bring will double it at least,all for the sake of a few thousand less pole's,and the daft thing is they are starting to return home anyway because of the shit ex rate and their own economy improving,as for Italy or any other nation leaving,dont be so stupid they have seen the mess it brings no others will be as stupid as to follow suit.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

One of the unfortunate side effects of Brexit is that it has released into the UK wild a strange hybrid of pompous nationalists who come over like coked-up members of Dad's Army. Heroes in their own mind. 'sniff...

While also embittering a swathe of sneering, self-loathing, bourgeois trendies - heroes in no-ones mind, least of all their own, what with all that white-guilt ????.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, nontabury said:

In other words this so called agreement is definitely not,what the British people voted for in 2016.

That’s not true. It’s factually not true. People voted that the U.K. should leave the EU. With the current agreement, that will happen. Actually, the agreement doesn’t even matter at all. Article 50 has been triggered, the U.K. will leave the EU, whatever will be agreed with regards to future or interim relationship. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, nontabury said:

In other words this so called agreement is definitely not,what the British people voted for in 2016.

That’s not true. It’s factually not true. People voted that the U.K. should leave the EU. With the current agreement, that will happen. Actually, the agreement doesn’t even matter at all. Article 50 has been triggered, the U.K. will leave the EU, whatever will be agreed with regards to future or interim relationship. 

14 minutes ago, nontabury said:

The third member of the government resigns (Esther McVey)this morning,and it’s still only 10am.  Now to see how many of this united cabinet follows them. The big question is, will T.May survive to day, to be replaced by a Brexiteer supporting P.M that will implement the wishes of the British people.

JC is ready and waiting to stroll into number 10 via a landslide,the £ will be worth 36-37bt,less than €1.00,and $1.10  inflation,taxes and unemployment will rise as will oversea's aid,thanks brexiteers and enjoy your 5-6 years of labour,you will be begging to rejoin the EU after JC screws you good and proper.

• Like 2

Let the pound free fall - it will help Global Britain be competitive , keep Brits holidaying at home and buying British preventing capital flight and supporting British businesses and help Great Britain to restart. I hope all patriotic Brits in Thailand will support me in their Brexit dotage. Bring it on 30 baht to the pound. Sorry expats time to accept reality about our Great Country and help to pay for the choices we have made. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

JC is ready and waiting to stroll into number 10 via a landslide,the £ will be worth 36-37bt,less than €1.00,and $1.10  inflation,taxes and unemployment will rise as will oversea's aid,thanks brexiteers and enjoy your 5-6 years of labour,you will be begging to rejoin the EU after JC screws you good and proper.

An awful thought, but Hard Brexiteers are in Kamikaze mode and not to be diverted from a crash landing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nontabury said:

But was he instrumental in negotiating this so called agreement, or was it the remoaner civil servant Ollie Robbins, backed by the remain supporter T.May.

Here are the two main reasons he resigned.

For my part I cannot support the proposed deal for two reasons. First I believe that the regulatory regime proposed for Northern Ireland presents a very real threat to the integrity of the United Kingdom. 

Second I cannot support an indefinite backstop arrangement, where the EU holds a veto over our ability to exit. The terms of the backstop amount to a hybrid of the EU Customs Union and Single Market obligations. 

Who cares? Sometimes the grown ups have to put the toys back in the box and tidy up.

You wanted sovereignty, now you've got it ????

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nontabury said:

But was he instrumental in negotiating this so called agreement, or was it the remoaner civil servant Ollie Robbins, backed by the remain supporter T.May.

Here are the two main reasons he resigned.

For my part I cannot support the proposed deal for two reasons. First I believe that the regulatory regime proposed for Northern Ireland presents a very real threat to the integrity of the United Kingdom. 

Second I cannot support an indefinite backstop arrangement, where the EU holds a veto over our ability to exit. The terms of the backstop amount to a hybrid of the EU Customs Union and Single Market obligations. 

Who cares? Sometimes the grown ups have to put the toys back in the box and tidy up.

You wanted sovereignty, now you've got it ????

• Like 1

While also embittering a swathe of sneering, self-loathing, bourgeois trendies - heroes in no-ones mind, least of all their own, what with all that white-guilt [emoji6].

Especially people who like to boast that they live in zone 1 of the shooting..stabbing..acid throwing..gbh capitol of the world !!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Let the pound free fall - it will help Global Britain be competitive , keep Brits holidaying at home and buying British preventing capital flight and supporting British businesses and help Great Britain to restart. I hope all patriotic Brits in Thailand will support me in their Brexit dotage. Bring it on 30 baht to the pound. Sorry expats time to accept reality about our Great Country and help to pay for the choices we have made. 

many ex pats jumped at 50,30 will see more deaths and the ones that can stomach a return to the UK wont be holidaying in anything much better than a shop doorway, haha help britain restart it seems your suggesting its at deaths door,JC will put it nicely in to its coffin,help pay for the mistakes people have made is a more correct term.