Taxi driver fined for watching erotic video, improper dress while driving passenger

webfact

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I am not wearing a shirt at the moment, what has that got to do with Thai culture?

Reading your last sentence i suggest it is time to increase the dose of your meds:cheesy:

Lol, Lots of Thais don't wear shirts. What is the saying  "when in Rome do as the Romans do" Or are you making the suggestion Thais don't wear shirts because they can't afford to buy shirts lol and it has nothing to do with Thai culture

6 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Lol, Lots of Thais don't wear shirts. What is the saying  "when in Rome do as the Romans do" Or are you making the suggestion Thais don't wear shirts because they can't afford to buy shirts lol and it has nothing to do with Thai culture

It's considered uncouth by Thais not to wear a shirt when out and about. OK at home.

My wife would never allow me to go out topless, nor I her.

When I was taking my driving test, I noticed several taxi drivers borrowing a white shirt to have their photos taken. Part of the licencing regs.

Edited by Spidey

20 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Let’s hope he wasn’t watching an erotic  movie. Let’s hope he was just watching a normal movie while driving his car. 

Haha yes, isn't it funny how the focus is purely on what type of movie it was (and how he was dressed) rather than the safety aspect of "errr you should be concentrating on the road rather than watching a video"!!!!! Absolutely priceless.

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Let’s hope he wasn’t watching an erotic  movie. Let’s hope he was just watching a normal movie while driving his car. 

...and to not forget undressing….:shock1:

In that sence he seems to have a Khun Bean DNA...

Edited by ttrd

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Was he also fined for steering a motor vehicle transporting passengers while watching a movie as he weaved through traffic? Or did that much more severe law infringement go unnoticed?

Would only get fined for this AFTER the crash...

Wirat said that when the female passenger waved him to stop, he hesitated to pick her up but feared a complaint if he rejected a passenger.

So he was about to finish driving for the day, which means he was actually still working??

Already took off his shirt, already started to watch the movie (while driving) couldn't resist to pick-up another pasenger

didn't bother to put his shirt back on, didn't bother to close the movie... 

lots of contradictions in his quickly made up BS story!!

throw the book at the disgusting excuse for a taxi driver...

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Removed his shirt in a suspicious gesture.:shock1: Shock horror.

Can anybody explain to me what a suspicious gesture in removing his shirt is.?

Steering with his xxxx while driving at 70mph?

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The English translation contains an ambiguity.

I suspect you have placed a construction on the sentence that the adverbial phrase "in a suspicious gesture" qualifies the verb "removed". So, you may have a mental image of the taxi driver taking off the shirt in the manner of a burlesque dancer. Naturally you find this ridiculous.

However, I suspect the original Thai version had "in a suspicious gesture" as a clause with the subject "removing his shirt". That is to say the removal of the shirt in any manner whatsoever was in itself a suspicious gesture.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Give it a rest mate,

It was a passing comment, no need to get all philosophical about it ?

6 minutes ago, GTgrizzly said:

Give it a rest mate,

It was a passing comment, no need to get all philosophical about it ?

•  

•  
  •  
  •  
  • It was posted to help. If you have difficulty with semantics or parsing, which I and some others find interesting, I think it would be better for you to gloss over the post rather than posting grumpy comments, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

•  

•  
  •  
  •  
  • It was posted to help. If you have difficulty with semantics or parsing, which I and some others find interesting, I think it would be better for you to gloss over the post rather than posting grumpy comments, don't you think?

I'm pleased for you, honest I am

12 hours ago, Spidey said:

It's considered uncouth by Thais not to wear a shirt when out and about. OK at home.

My wife would never allow me to go out topless, nor I her.

When I was taking my driving test, I noticed several taxi drivers borrowing a white shirt to have their photos taken. Part of the licencing regs.

well i never hardly wear one at home good to see u not let the wife go out topless  not so sure about my wife she likes to free what she wears lol 

Repeat the point why is it seen to be Ok to watch anything while driving a taxi

People here live in a pure fantasy world and there isn't any control over dangerous actions

The erotic video is not relevant

19 minutes ago, JGV said:

Repeat the point why is it seen to be Ok to watch anything while driving a taxi

People here live in a pure fantasy world and there isn't any control over dangerous actions

The erotic video is not relevant

Depends which why you look at it.

If it was me, I would have told the driver to look at the road not the movIe and no more ( sherman tanking ) I then could have then watched it myself from the back seat,  no harm done.

But if it had been two ladyboys or two gay guys going at it.

I would have been most offended and immediately  asked him to change the DVD, to a move suitable Hetrosexual type of  movie.

So yes, the erotic video is relevant. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't too long ago, I caught a cab on Silom after 1am.  The driver wanted to let me know that he had a hard on.  The fare came to 70 bhat, but I handed him a 100 baht note and got out right quick!  Seven years here and first time I had a pervert driver.