Australian Senator Fraser Anning under fire from all sides after ‘final solution’ Senate speech

webfact

Using the term ‘final solution’ in reference to an ethnic minority is overtly offensive, and quite clearly deliberately so.

Perhaps he should be taken on a tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum to help him understand the historical context of his disgraceful use of such loaded language.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, pegman said:

Take it easy. Was a joke at a moron's expence.

Not sure what you mean but I think you mean that your lame joke was at your expense. 

You should have read this article before opening your mouth. If you are not Australian you wouldn't have a clue what it means and even if you are I doubt you would the ability to understand it anyway. Try this and good luck.

http://pickeringpost.com/story/how-far-right-is-fraser-anning-/8463

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let me get this straight, you are not sure what he meant to say but it’s what you’ve been thinking.

Pointed hat, corner!

I know the 2 meanings . Going for the meaning a lot of us are thinking will get me deleted or suspended , so I left it vague.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Using the term ‘final solution’ in reference to an ethnic minority is overtly offensive, and quite clearly deliberately so.

Perhaps he should be taken on a tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum to help him understand the historical context of his disgraceful use of such loaded language.

Chomper, you are cherry-picking the phrase "final solution" to reignite something that happened last century. You should read the whole transcript of his speech, then see what a fool you are.

As to having a guided tour of a franchise that you think would change people's views, you have to be kidding!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Elfin said:

Chomper, you are cherry-picking the phrase "final solution" to reignite something that happened last century. You should read the whole transcript of his speech, then see what a fool you are.

As to having a guided tour of a franchise that you think would change people's views, you have to be kidding!

“something that happened last century”.

Well it wasn’t just anything was it?!

Away with you and your disgraceful suggestion that I’m trying to reignite that ‘something’.

• Like 2

Looking into the future...I can only see that this feeling of malcontent regarding indigenous populations, the world over, towards the wrong type of immigrants in many places will only be exasperated in the future. IMO, get ready for the closing of doors in so many places unless you can meet strict regulations. Give it 10-15 years and it will be so.

• Like 1

A senator. I was once going to run for the Aussie Senate as a very minor party hack.   I didn't when I discovered my other two citizenships would have disbarred me.  

Others, we now know,  had the same problem,  but being ratbags,  went for it anyway,  and only got caught later,  having made a tidy sum off the taxpayer.   And this Cretin,  along with others like Hanson, and Joyce (not a senator,  but an arsehat anyway) make me weep inwardly.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rickudon said:

Anning is your is your usual right wing product. Anti (most) Immigrants, anti-muslim, anti gay marriage,  anti abortion. Likes guns and weapons. No real political experience and comes from a small town in Queensland (Queensland was always well known for it's right wing penchant - hence their longtime previous dubious premier, Bjelke-Petersen.)

not really ,as the home of the labour party, the home of the shearers strike also the first communist member elected  in the world i'd say not. just a little bit different.petersen had a huge gerrymander.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

What this bloke actually said was that Muslim immigration into Australia should be stopped.

He also stated that all terrorists are Muslims, and that the vast majority of Mulsim immigrants stay on welfare.

He called for immigration that favoured “European Christian” values and demnanded a plebiscite on which migrants can come to Australia.

Politically incorrect and rather unwise - but there are many who agree with him.

He is being accused of hate speech and racial vilification and they want him suspended.

But what is the left wing media up in arms and unhinged outrage about?

And on what are they basing their claims that he is a Nazi and Jew hater? 

This....................Quote: “The final solution to the immigration problem is, of course, a popular vote.” 

What he said was that the Australian people should vote on whether so many Muslims should be allowed to immigrate into Australia.

But because he used the words "final solution" he is being accused of all sorts of Nazi atrocities.

It is unbelieveable.  The media and lefties attack with venom anyone that dare questions Mulim immigration in Australia.

Remind you of anyone??

Yep.  The Nazis. Speaking out against offical dogma was not allowed.

I dont 100% agree with his speech, but he has the right to say it (in Parliament), and many people agree with him.

Especially those living near all the Muslim gangs in Melbourne and Sydney (and whose relatives are in Sweden and other European countries).

Agreed, the fact that  he enjoys the freedom to say what he said and indeed in the Commonwealth parliament means that free speech is alive and well in Australia. The fact that people can attack him for it likewise means they have access to free speech. Whilst I personally don't agree with his sentiments, I support his right to express them. His appropriation of the term ' final solution' was probably rather clumsy but hardly a hanging offense.

If we look back to the late seventies and early eighties it was all about Vietnamese drug gangs. Where are they now? Integrated, working and mostly prospering. Most of the issues around crime and newly arrived immigrants is related to economics and not religion. The Muslims are just the latest group of 'whipping boys' . They  won't be the last.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

Agreed, the fact that  he enjoys the freedom to say what he said and indeed in the Commonwealth parliament means that free speech is alive and well in Australia. The fact that people can attack him for it likewise means they have access to free speech. Whilst I personally don't agree with his sentiments, I support his right to express them. His appropriation of the term ' final solution' was probably rather clumsy but hardly a hanging offense.

If we look back to the late seventies and early eighties it was all about Vietnamese drug gangs. Where are they now? Integrated, working and mostly prospering. Most of the issues around crime and newly arrived immigrants is related to economics and not religion. The Muslims are just the latest group of 'whipping boys' . They  won't be the last.

Agreed.  But I am reserved about Muslims.  Unlike all the other groups that have come into Aust, starting with Greeks and Ities after WW2, it seems to me that Muslims never integrate anywhere in the world. Everyone else finds their own niche and settles in - live and let live. Not sure Muslims ever have and ever will.  

14 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Agreed.  But I am reserved about Muslims.  Unlike all the other groups that have come into Aust, starting with Greeks and Ities after WW2, it seems to me that Muslims never integrate anywhere in the world. Everyone else finds their own niche and settles in - live and let live. Not sure Muslims ever have and ever will.  

Yes, point taken but I think what needs to be kept in mind is that they (Muslims) are not necessarily an homogenous group. Islam is  quite moderate in parts of Indonesia and Malaysia and indeed there are many Muslims from both these countries already living quite happily in Australia. Another important factor is also how well they can speak English. This is a huge barrier to integration and one of the reasons that it is not until the second generation comes along and are near native speakers that things improve. But I go back to my original point. It is about the economics.  As Bob Marley famously sang '...a hungry man is an angry man..' If you look at the parts of the UK that are beset with immigrant problems they are also some of the  most  economically disadvantaged parts of the UK. Chicken and egg? Maybe.

Quite often there's a call for a plebiscite on such matters, however this will never happen, simply because they already know the answers, there is quite a few in Australian society that don't believe that multiculturalism is working , I guess the best people to ask on such matters is the embattled police department. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Sure I can ... on other forums.

Yeah, try this blog - http://pickeringpost.com/story/how-far-right-is-fraser-anning-/8463 - The comments are pages of invective saying things like "africoon maggot", "most patriotic thinking Australians",  "saying what fair dinkum Aussies are thinking and saying".   It all sounds like a One Nation branch meeting. 

We're starting to go the way of the USA in our 'left' and 'right' labels, and never the twain shall meet.  A bit of a worry.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, heybuz said:

not really ,as the home of the labour party, the home of the shearers strike also the first communist member elected  in the world i'd say not. just a little bit different.petersen had a huge gerrymander.

So true. Queensland has a rich left of centre history. It's just a shame most Aussie's seem unaware of it.

Edited by NumbNut
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, moojar said:

Yeah, try this blog - http://pickeringpost.com/story/how-far-right-is-fraser-anning-/8463 - The comments are pages of invective saying things like "africoon maggot", "most patriotic thinking Australians",  "saying what fair dinkum Aussies are thinking and saying".   It all sounds like a One Nation branch meeting. 

We're starting to go the way of the USA in our 'left' and 'right' labels, and never the twain shall meet.  A bit of a worry.  

Pickering's a flea, he should stick to being a cartoonist, drawing politicians with their 'wedding tackle' out.

It's the only thing he's qualified to do. 

36 minutes ago, samran said:

^^

stunning. I want to retire someplace like that!

It is glorious-in a different way to Thailand which I also love..

This is basically what I see from my balcony.

My point is that I see very little of the obnoxious racism being expressed by Anning and Co.

Someone told me a great joke the other day-their uncle's dog was turning into a Muslim..trust Aussies to see the humour in it because that is what they are good at.

Before anyone accuses me of being unpatriotic..here are members of my family enshrined in stone.

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0604.JPG

DSCN0606.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123

28 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-well said.

I live in a medium sized Aussie (NSW) country town which I thoroughly enjoy-even tho' I love Thailand as well...

My GP is Egyptian.

My cardiologist is Indian

One of my carers is Filipina/Italian.

My next door neighbour is Swedish

The cheery neighbour's across the driveway are indigenous folk

The lady I spoke to this morning was from Samoa...

All consider themselves as Aussie as anyone else..be they Anglo Celtic/Saxon/European or from anywhere else...

Viva la difference..

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0664.JPG

Slice of heaven. What a top spot to blow the froth of a beer or seven... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1