Thai cabinet approves new rules to ban students from ‘indecency’ and ‘inappropriate’ displays of affection

webfact

This is pretty much the epitome of government over-reach.  What the junta doesn't seem to grasp as it dictates these ridiculous proclamations is that these student will eventually become a large voting block in future elections.  Well, if there are elections. 
That should be of some concern.  But hubris does blind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seajae said:

what they need to do is have decent sex education courses in the schools so the kids are more than aware of the consequences of unprotected sex etc. Teaching them to actually think for themselves would also help rather than just accepting what they are told but then when the kids realize what the govts are doing to them they may well stand up for themselves and tell the govts no, better to have kids with no thoughts of their own so the govts can do as they please so they will keep controlling them

note: it seems student gatherings are also inappropriate, i.e. forbidden.

• Like 2

Just told my kids at dinner. They haven't heard anything about it. seems it is not in the Thai side of the news yet, or maybe will not be. They are shocked and can't believe it is true at how much the Junta cleaver is coming down. Resurrecting the dead 2005 law is down right so iron fisted..

Looks like their drive is to turn this country into a Singapore Bhutan. The hypocrisy of this junta is unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 years ago, or so, this is what 'Communist Russia' was.... If you recall....... 

I have loved Thailand and Thais for over 35 years and I am 'HURT' by what I see this 'Communistic regime' doing to this lovely country and it's lovable people......

They have no intent to allow ''Democracy'...... Isn't that communism to the MAX???

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Warat Phrueksakulnan, the director of Bureau of Scout Movement, Red Cross Youth and Student Affairs, said in an interview with Kom Chad Luek, that kissing the cheeks of a member of the opposite sex or embracing them is “inappropriate”. 

Yes that job is only reserved for the director himself , any complaints send them to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Aren't some of you happy, that Thailand is not such a nanny state!?
You know ..like back home!?

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I understand your use of irony but allow me to sound forth-ha..ha..ha...if you like to live -I mean really lurv to live-in a military dominated state (but the weather's nice) then you are welcome to your libertarian fantasies.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't be bothered to read 6 pages of most likely similar comments to mine, before I made a comment.  So I apologise if what I write has been written, or hinted at, before;  are they bloody mad???????????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Warat Phrueksakulnan, the director of Bureau of Scout Movement, Red Cross Youth and Student Affairs, said in an interview with Kom Chad Luek, that kissing the cheeks of a member of the opposite sex or embracing them is “inappropriate”.

Of course kissing the cheeks of the same sex is appropriate.........dib dib dib, dob dob dob .....???.

As for myself, I just love kissing the cheeks of the opposite sex,  usually before going downtown for lunch.......???!

19 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Ye Gods! Just when I thought the depth of stupidity couldn't be plumbed any deeper.

If the kids follow it through to the letter, there will be no Thai people in a  couple of generations.

No you've got it wrong, showing affection and the kissing of cheeks (lol), will continue to take place just as it always has done for all ages behind the closed doors of short-time hotels......as they are the mainstay of the Thai economy......555.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2018 at 8:34 AM, webfact said:

As if 'kissing the cheek' or 'embracing' somebody the SAME SEX must be OK.... LOL...

40 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Wait, they are forced to wear hot little mini skirts but then they can't touch eachother? 

Actually they don't have to wear the short, tight, black skirts, they can wear long loose skirts.  However many of the young women choose to wear the short skirts.  I respect their choice.  Living in a university city, I also really appreciate it.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:34 AM, webfact said:

The new regulation now also forbids public assembly likely to disturb order or go against morality, inappropriate acts of affection and obscenity in private and public places, and causing a nuisance. 

Education Ministry spokesperson Chalam Attatham said the 2005 regulation had to be revised in line with modern society and to close some loopholes.

It aims to better protect students and promote acts that are appropriate and socially responsible.

I know it's not either/or, but wouldn't it be also good to make rape of students in public schools a jailable offense?  We have recently seen that that's not the case and it seems a rather glaring omission.  

• Thanks 1