Prayut threatens to sue media

snoop1130

3 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

As the saying goes "If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen."  Four years and he still hasn't concluded that running a country is not like running an army that hasn't been to war in decades.  I'm not sure, really.  Was the last time truly in 1941, when the French had been invaded by Germany and already disarmed, as I'm told?

And, what are the qualifications for running a country? I am not taking sides, just looking objectively. Is it being a seasoned politician with years of experience? Is it an education in political science? Is it a natural born instinct of common sense, charisma to motivate people, honest integrity, thinking outside the box, etc. I was in the band that played at one of Arnold Scwharzenegger's campaign tours in California. There must have been something he was good at because he got re-elected.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why does he need to have a read-up on the meaning of democracy?  He said that he is trying to steer the country towards full democracy, he did not claim that it existed now.

I think he might possibly have meant "as best as I know how"

Edited by The Deerhunter

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The PM added that if he had fully exercised his power as head of the ruling junta, there would have been no such media attacks against him.

ah the benevolent merciful leader

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

And at least with Arnold, in California an election was involved.

Yeah but the saying  "Ill be back" rings way more true here, da da da  da daaaaaaaan

terminator-2-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-maquette-sideshow-300157-17.jpg