Thailand - Not for me

5 hours ago, neeray said:

But if he enjoyed observing "phenomenally beautiful women", that was in the heat of our summer. Sadly, summer has ended now, so will his chance of observing eye candy in little summer clothes and open shoes.

I've been to Toronto, the feminist nightmare city of the world.

Didn't see any pretty girls, and if I had they'd probably have had me arrested for 'looking' at them.

Did visit 'The Pussy Palace' in London (Ontario) a few times, and had some lap dances from local university girls wearing small bikini's ($5).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Are you suggesting the OP has those type of reasons to love it there?

As you can see in citing history, I was responding to a post from BritManToo.

My post reflects my perception.

I do not know the OP and I do not care about his/her sexual orientation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I rather like Toronto.

Me and Mrs G did a Canadian road trip earlier this year, from our home in South Dakota to visit her friend in Vancouver then across to PEI to visit her cousin, stopping at every major city on the way.

i thought the ladies were lovely

Just out of interest, and I am sure there are a million answers to this question, what exactly are people looking for when they decide to move to a new country? It seems from the comments they dont really know but that could be a very bad assumption on my part

1 minute ago, upu2 said:

Just out of interest, and I am sure there are a million answers to this question, what exactly are people looking for when they decide to move to a new country? It seems from the comments they dont really know but that could be a very bad assumption on my part

Greener grass? 

I was on that path for a long time, traveling for work and pleasure. I ran though several passports during the process as I always ran out of pages for visas before the passport would expire, even with adding extra pages. The last 5 years I worked, I began to evaluate all of the places I had traveled to, with the eye for where I could retire and enjoy life. Thailand was the answer, for me anyway. If something happens to sour that opinion, I'll move onto somewhere else. No flouncing.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I rather like Toronto.

Me and Mrs G did a Canadian road trip earlier this year, from our home in South Dakota to visit her friend in Vancouver then across to PEI to visit her cousin, stopping at every major city on the way.

i thought the ladies were lovely

99% of all respondents on ThaiVisa who damned Canada admitted on a private poll today that they had never been near the place.

This contrasts sharply with only 97.1% for respondents on Australia and 96.6% pertaining to Kiwi-Land.

Not exactly exciting news but I thought that I should share it with you..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

Greener grass? 

I was on that path for a long time, traveling for work and pleasure. I ran though several passports during the process as I always ran out of pages for visas before the passport would expire, even with adding extra pages. The last 5 years I worked, I began to evaluate all of the places I had traveled to, with the eye for where I could retire and enjoy life. Thailand was the answer, for me anyway. If something happens to sour that opinion, I'll move onto somewhere else. No flouncing.  

Very possibly. As they say the grass always looks greener on the other side. I have been working overseas for 40 years and traveled most of the world in that time. Every country is good in some ways and bad in others, Thailand is no exception but for me I will definitely stick with Thailand. Been here over 30 years and have no intention of leaving

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

No matter where you go, there you are. 

Happiness is not about a place, it's about being happy where ever you are. 

Happy trails where ever you decide to hang your hat. 

So very true. Some people, maybe many dont have a contented mind hence they never really find any one place where they are content and happy.

6 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

No matter where you go, there you are. 

Happiness is not about a place, it's about being happy where ever you are. 

Happy trails where ever you decide to hang your hat. 

Dear old dad went to Normandy in the summer of 1944.  Didn't like it.  I went to Saigon January of 1968.  Didn't like it either.    Greenland is the country with the world's highest suicide rate. The rate here is 24 times that seen in the United States and that includes California and Florida. It's even higher than Canada! I don't think if I was a Rohingya I'd like living in Burma.  If I was Serena Williams I'd probably avoid Australia. 

Just thought I'd mention those as food for thought and maybe the place is important in determining happiness. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

99% of all respondents on ThaiVisa who damned Canada admitted on a private poll today that they had never been near the place.

This contrasts sharply with only 97.1% for respondents on Australia and 96.6% pertaining to Kiwi-Land.

Not exactly exciting news but I thought that I should share it with you..

I lived in Canada for many years and I felt after 3 years in Pattaya I'd lived in Australia.  I'm an anomaly though.  I thought it was a rule that one not have any direct experience with a cheese, or wine, or city or country or education system/school or computer or operating system or phone or coffee to comment about it here.  No? 

11 minutes ago, upu2 said:

So very true. Some people, maybe many dont have a contented mind hence they never really find any one place where they are content and happy.

Possibly..but when you end up in the Sahara without a bottle of mineral water..it's probably worth a curse or two.

"The wherever you are so shall you be" meme has been done to death since 1678-when a hapless English garrison ended up in Algiers and an English ensign first posted his musings on the internet..to be endlessly repeated ever since.

Edited by Odysseus123

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Possibly..but when you end up in the Sahara without a bottle of mineral water..it's probably worth a curse or two.

"The wherever you are so shall you be" meme has been done to death since 1678-when a hapless English garrison ended up in Algiers and an English ensign first posted his musings on the internet..to be endlessly repeated ever since.

Depressing place the Sahara dessert