Getting ripped off in Thailand

cat handler

10 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Bill padding is the norm in Jomtien and Pattaya. Pay as you go they even try charging for 2. Ask prices first. No wonder the bars are empty. 

Thats the norm in Thailand, buy 1 lady a drink and all of a sudden all her friends have drinks in their hands, I’m on to that scam so always check only one lady drink goes into the cup. This however was downright attempted theft.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cat handler said:

Can you you try writing that in English, and since when was it illegal to drink after 2am? I’m guessing you’re related to the rip off filth in Chang Mai if you think a gill of 18’000 Baht is “a bit high”, I can just imaging you picking you’re nose and having a feast while you wrote that.

Since about four years ago , well, it always has been illegal, its just that now they are enforcing the law

7 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

Haha, they must have seen you coming!

Half drunk at 2 in the morning asking taxi drivers for an illegal boozing den with prostitutes! You forgot to ask the prices so I'm afraid it's really your fault, this happens in Tokyo, London, New York, Rome, Prague etc.......

It doesn't make Chiang Mai a dump because you got duped.

Naivete is as naivete does.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

You might think this behaviour is normal for Thailand, i don't, and it hasn't happened to me yet.

This is such a horrible country so maybe you should just go home to mummy and never come back here.

Its the normal behavior in karaoke bars

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, puchooay said:

There is a 2am curfew. Why do you think you ended up in a private room? I don't pick my nose and don't eat after 6pm. 

A private room with a private bottle of scotch.., now what laws were broken again? I think you were eating it, come on, admit it.

Oh please. If you don't want to be ripped off, buy a bottle of 100 Pipers or Bells for about 400 baht, add a six-pack of Coke, then take it back to your hotel/apartment. You can get thoroughly plastered for about 500 baht.

Or if the object of the exercise is sex, there are several well-known establishments in Chiang Mai where you can buy about an hour of congenial female company for around 2000 baht.

If you are trying to combine the two activities, IMHO you are getting everything you deserve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat handler said:

Can you you try writing that in English, and since when was it illegal to drink after 2am? I’m guessing you’re related to the rip off filth in Chang Mai if you think a gill of 18’000 Baht is “a bit high”, I can just imaging you picking you’re nose and having a feast while you wrote that.

Bars close 11pm CM. Anyway the CM karaoke bars are a well known ripp off. It's common knowledge.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

Haha, they must have seen you coming!

Half drunk at 2 in the morning asking taxi drivers for an illegal boozing den with prostitutes! You forgot to ask the prices so I'm afraid it's really your fault, this happens in Tokyo, London, New York, Rome, Prague etc.......

It doesn't make Chiang Mai a dump because you got duped.

It is a dump but not because a loser got suckered there.?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

This is such a horrible country so maybe you should just go home to mummy and never come back here.

This could easily apply to discontented residents as well as the usual frustrated sexpats and casual traveler. 

If they're truly uncomfortable living here/visiting, why might they continue to be here? 

Bizarre contradictory, to say the least.

• Like 1