How would you approach this?

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Identifying the Thai fda licence and if it is allocated to any particular Co.  Or person.

Generally retailers such as Tescos will ask for the details of any required licenses as part of their due diligence.

Is the license number printed on the packaging?

If not, the easiest way forward might be to get a sample of the product and take it to the FDA.

Just now, blackcab said:

Generally retailers such as Tescos will ask for the details of any required licenses as part of their due diligence.

Is the license number printed on the packaging?

If not, the easiest way forward might be to get a sample of the product and take it to the FDA.

I have just got the item photographed and sent to me (back of packaging). There does appear to be an FDA number on it but I want to get all the packaging translated first. This should happen today. The number is 7 digits.

The shelf positioning was bottom of the shelf this week. I recall 2nd from bottom in another shop a few months back.

Regarding the FDA registration.

It does appear that the Thai Co. Is to some effect in charge of the product in the eyes of the MOPH. Just reading this paragraph from a 3rd party agents website for medical equipment indicates this.

• Employing a Thai third party local agent to register your medical products with the Thai FDA (FDA) means that the registration will be held in your name, allowing you to easily change distributors.

I had a chat over the weekend with a friend who works in Tesco. Apparently their new business model is that they don't charge slotting fees. Instead they simply ask for a lower price per item. Quite how that translates to shelf position I don't know.

They get rid of their tail products on a 6 month rolling basis, so if the product survives over 6 months then it can't be one of the worst performers.

Just now, blackcab said:

I had a chat over the weekend with a friend who works in Tesco. Apparently their new business model is that they don't charge slotting fees. Instead they simply ask for a lower price per item. Quite how that translates to shelf position I don't know.

They get rid of their tail products on a 6 month rolling basis, so if the product survives over 6 months then it can't be one of the worst performers.

Interesting. The product is sold in Tescos uk for 5+ years and presently. So a 6 month sign of sale is a good indicator. 

20 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Interesting. The product is sold in Tescos uk for 5+ years and presently. So a 6 month sign of sale is a good indicator. 

I should say that relates to Tesco Thailand. I don't know if the same is true of the UK.

Tesco Thailand does follow the direction of Tesco UK though.

Just now, blackcab said:

I should say that relates to Tesco Thailand. I don't know if the same is true of the UK.

Tesco Thailand does follow the direction of Tesco UK though.

The shelf slots are usually factored into the price in many countries. Tops market charge 60k per product but this cost can be factored into cost of product. Went to a few biz seminars in bkk before at some hotels.

Archived