Trump tweets are 'messages from some alternative universe' - China Daily

webfact

Trump tweets are 'messages from some alternative universe' - China Daily

2018-08-31T011105Z_1_LYNXNPEE7U02Z_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-TWITTER-LIBRARY.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Visitors looks at tweets at The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library presented by The Daily Show in West Hollywood, California, U.S., June 8, 2018. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Twitter comments by U.S. President Donald Trump accusing China of hacking former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's email server are an attempt to cast China as a "scapegoat", the official China Daily said in an editorial Friday.

The strongly worded editorial also took aim at Trump directly, commenting: "To the thinking person, there are few things more disconcerting than a tweet by the U.S. president as they initially seem to accord to reality but then quickly turn into messages from some alternative universe."

Trump said on Twitter on Wednesday that China hacked the emails of 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton but did not offer any evidence or further information.

China's foreign ministry has denied Trump's allegation and the editorial accused him of "smearing China's image as he desperately needs a scapegoat in the run-up to the midterm elections, so he can divert public attention from the troubles the White House has become mired in".

Trump faces potentially difficult mid-term elections in November as his Republican party fights to retain control of both houses of Congress.

State media in China have in recent weeks adopted an increasingly aggressive stance against Trump as the world's two biggest economies have become engaged in an increasingly bitter trade war. That marks a shift from their previous approach of tempering any direct criticism against the U.S. president.

(Reporting by Andrew Galbraith; Editing by Paul Tait)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-31
  • Haha 2

Neutral? I don't get it, probably your autospellchecker playing up.

Your point about ladyboys is connected to Trump? Really? Of course not, it's connected to your attitudes.

Your nutty comment about ladyboys puts you smack dab in the centre of Trumptown. Enjoy.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, My Thai Life said:

Lol, truly nutty comment.

Makes you sound like you're one of Donald's natural base.

Have read your response several times. Can't see how you come to that conclusion. I guess that is your way of defending tRump and indicates you are part of the natural base.

• Like 2

We all know g d well who did the hacking. And we all know g d well that tRump has to blame some country other than Russia. It was probably Vlad who ordered him to crap on China.

What was it tRump said a few months ago about Predsident Xi Jinping? Oh yes, "Xi is a good friend of mine, we have a great relationship" (not verbatim).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Have read your response several times. Can't see how you come to that conclusion. I guess that is your way of defending tRump and indicates you are part of the natural base.

Ok, I'll explain. Criticising Trump by calling him a ladyboy seems to indicate that in the poster's mind  ladyboys are somehow undesirable or to be criticised.

I'm sure that's a sentiment that the vast majority of the Trump base would agree with. After all, they're not known as supporters of gender rights are they?

Let me now if you're still having difficulty and I'll try again.

29 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump is ? % correct in his assessment of the media. 

Maybe you should ask John Barron for his "assessment of the media"? ?

Since he mentioned "fake books" everyone assumes the new Bob Woodward book, "Fear: Trump in the White House" dropping on Sep. 11, may be "double coyote ugly"?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Athens said:

China has some humor...

Never seen a  positive tweet from Trump  only negative commens, blaming every one, cannot cope with a free press, takes credit, acting like a dictator not a leader, starting a finalcial war, and and and

Trump world like anti materia world...does not exist

Don't blame it on the Alpha Centaurans tho'-they  are entirely innocent in this matter.

"The sure sign that there is intelligent life in the universe is that they have never tried to contact us."

Sam Waterson.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

more anti American communist crap.

It's funny.. When the Russian government makes comments supportive of Trump and gets criticized for it,  his supporters accuse Russian critics of playing the outdated communism card.

But when China goes after Trump, it's all about communism.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1