What other hobbies do you have?

6 hours ago, Can samui said:

I get a new hobby every rainy season. Youtube makes learning something so easy.
3 seasons ago I learned to make aluminum panniers for my Versys, last season I decided to learn to play electric guitar (badly) and this season I am learning to make electric guitars.
Prior to this I ride motorbikes (dirt and street), bicycle, play pool, make models and on occasion a beer or three. Drinking is a hobby right?
It is what you make it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I was enjoying your'e post until you mentioned playing pool. :coffee1: A beer or three.:drunk:

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I thought that was a thing from before the internet.

How many people still use that kind of communication?

I understand it's good in case the internet won't work anymore (which I think is absolutely possible) but how about the rest of the time. Does not "everybody" use the internet?

yes,

it is from loooooooooooooong before the internet

• Like 1

Downloading movies, I dont often watch them just obsessed with collecting them, lol.

It started as a project to get all of the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die", and the plan is to watch them all before I die. Almost there but the last 10-20 are obscure French silent films from the 1930s.

Besides that, playing guitar, defending the universe (online games) and trying to learn Thai.

• Like 1

Golf, swimming, reading, listening to music, learning Thai from my GF. Bum-watching in the malls and elsewhere, which is still permitted by said GF. Better viewing in Myanmar, though.

Trying to be nice to people on TV, which at times can be difficult.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes,

it is from loooooooooooooong before the internet

Indeed it is, but it has nothing to do with the internet, in that sense.

Internet might just be a simple way to communicate, but that's rather missing the point. It's much more like mountain climbing, we do it because...

Personally I'm into restoring older valve radios, plenty here. I guess that's like restoring old motorbikes, why when a new one is easily available and likely more reliable. Yet still it's a big draw for some.

This weekend is one of the biggest amateur radio weekends of the year, a worldwide competition, literally thousands from pretty much every country, island and atoll that permits amateur radio, which means no North Korea and no Turmenistan, all trying to contact each other, just a few hundred watts of power and some wire or aluminium and, get this, morse code.  48 hours of solid radio competition. Prizes? A certificate or a wooden plaque maybe if you're that good.

Can't wait!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weegee said:

Amazing....no one enjoys mowing the law and keeping their Place, Garden, Tidy.....but I do.

Takes all kinds. I used to have a sign in the yard of a house I owned. It said " Bugger the garden - gone golfing".

• Haha 1

Haven't started yet but want to take up bee keeping, start out with a couple of hives and see what happens.  Don't know thing abut bee keeping, but I figure that along with bar stool keeping will keep me beesy.  Anyone with a link on how to get started??

1 hour ago, bobnuts said:

Indeed it is, but it has nothing to do with the internet, in that sense.

Internet might just be a simple way to communicate, but that's rather missing the point. It's much more like mountain climbing, we do it because...

Personally I'm into restoring older valve radios, plenty here. I guess that's like restoring old motorbikes, why when a new one is easily available and likely more reliable. Yet still it's a big draw for some.

This weekend is one of the biggest amateur radio weekends of the year, a worldwide competition, literally thousands from pretty much every country, island and atoll that permits amateur radio, which means no North Korea and no Turmenistan, all trying to contact each other, just a few hundred watts of power and some wire or aluminium and, get this, morse code.  48 hours of solid radio competition. Prizes? A certificate or a wooden plaque maybe if you're that good.

Can't wait!

and while we're on the subject,

don't forget - Titanic was built by professionals

Noa's ark was built by amateurs

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Golf, swimming, reading, listening to music, learning Thai from my GF. Bum-watching in the malls and elsewhere, which is still permitted by said GF. Better viewing in Myanmar, though.

Trying to be nice to people on TV, which at times can be difficult.

As the Thais say "ahan ta" - food for the eyes!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

LA6LMA

Amazing , I am also LA6xxx but I'm not going to reveal my private name and address here as it's in the HAM database somewhere. 

But last time I touched a radio transceiver was in the mid 90's.   

How is propagation these days , no sun spots? 

4.5 yrs ago I had to get a hobby. When I was 7 I had my 1st encounter with a UFO. No bull this guys, true. I had always said d I would write a book partly on it. Well I did and that was my hobby, it took me 4.5 yrs, working at least 2 - 3 hours. A day 4 days a week. It is now published as an EBook. It,is ski-fi adventure I plan 3-4 books as a trology. I have just done a special offer on it, for FREE. For a short time. If you are interested to read it 145,000 words. Google SMASHWORDS, Kobo or any of the other EBook publishers and go on their search bar and type in the book name 

"The Earth God Cometh" give it a try guys, I gain no funds, it is free.

My second book in the series is only 2-3 week for completion.

enjoy. Think you will if you like ski-fi, science fiction, adventurous and war.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Amazing , I am also LA6xxx but I'm not going to reveal my private name and address here as it's in the HAM database somewhere. 

But last time I touched a radio transceiver was in the mid 90's.   

How is propagation these days , no sun spots? 

same me,

last - 15 years ago

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, shaurene said:

4.5 yrs ago I had to get a hobby. When I was 7 I had my 1st encounter with a UFO. No bull this guys, true. I had always said d I would write a book partly on it. Well I did and that was my hobby, it took me 4.5 yrs, working at least 2 - 3 hours. A day 4 days a week. It is now published as an EBook. It,is ski-fi adventure I plan 3-4 books as a trology. I have just done a special offer on it, for FREE. For a short time. If you are interested to read it 145,000 words. Google SMASHWORDS, Kobo or any of the other EBook publishers and go on their search bar and type in the book name 

"The Earth God Cometh" give it a try guys, I gain no funds, it is free.

My second book in the series is only 2-3 week for completion.

enjoy. Think you will if you like ski-fi, science fiction, adventurous and war.

Did you have the book proof-read?

• Haha 1