Granny assaulted with a chair because she asked for something to eat

webfact

Granny assaulted with a chair because she asked for something to eat

9pm_VID.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV footage showed an old woman being assaulted with a chair in the street in Thailand.

What looks like a trader goes up to her, pulls her bag then picks up a plastic chair as a weapon.

Poster on Facebook "Poye Poloye" said that the old lady was called "ee gae" that translates as "You old bitch".

She had apparently asked for some food from temple donations.

A picture showed her sitting on the sidewalk with a plaster.

A later post said that she was on her way home to see her husband in Sisaket and had now reached Pak Chong station (in the Khao Yai area).

She needed two stitches in the head wound.

Comment was rife on social media about what Thailand - and the respect for the elderly - was coming to.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-03

• Haha 1

Well one horrible a***hole. I really can’t work out whether that is a bloke or a woman. Seems the vendor disliked her from the start so maybe something has happened before. It would have to be something pretty substantial to make me want to hit a poor old lady with a chair!!

Story is actually worse. Was on the news in the morning. The attacker was a older woman, a local vendor, whom had put out food for monks, as time for tamboon passed already, the woman asked for the leftover food. Allegedly the old woman took more than the vendor wanted to give and thus the attack. She was interrogated, but I don't know the results. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, saw this video elsewhere on the net. At least others were kind enough to take the old lady to a side. As for the attacking vendor, other vendors should see he/she off the road lest they too become painted with the same brush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nasa123 said:

That video does not show when they are at the police station and old granny mom pulls up 2 bunks with Bath notes, many many 1000 Bath but still disgusting to do that whit her.

"Two bunks with bath notes" What does that even mean?

3 hours ago, freebyrd said:

I must be getting old, I was shocked to see the attacker was a woman. In the 30 years since I first set foot in Thailand it's gone from the Land of Smiles and such a happy place to be to the Land of Sh**te and become just as ordinary and heartless as other countries.

Welcome to the "modern world". 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

This is the kind of thing that does more harm to Thailand's reputation as a tourist destination than mostly everything else .

The world won't see it because the world doesn't care in the slightest about a South East Asian backwater that has no influence anywhere about anything.

• Like 1

When you start going off into the deep end just because some granny says something, like asking to get some food, then you are lost. The intolerance of people now beggars belief. Happy to give to monks but not needy old folks, Buddha would not be impressed...and if you believe in this mumbo-jumbo then maybe the granny was sent to test the trader. Guess it was a massive fail on the trader's behalf if that was the case...facepalm.

Edited by Sir Dude
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, freebyrd said:

I must be getting old, I was shocked to see the attacker was a woman. In the 30 years since I first set foot in Thailand it's gone from the Land of Smiles and such a happy place to be to the Land of Sh**te and become just as ordinary and heartless as other countries.

what? you know that it has never been as peaceful as now in thailand?  thailand has always been the Land of Sh**te, it just havent been so obvious for many expats and tourists......

few years ago in pattaya tourists got violently robbed and attacked everyday, and in other places. Also daily shootings and stabbings in pattaya, now a days it is kinda rare, violence overall in thailand has dropped, less gangs out there too. but it might be the calm before the storm....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ta158 said:

what? you know that it has never been as peaceful as now in thailand?  thailand has always been the Land of Sh**te, it just havent been so obvious for many expats and tourists......

few years ago in pattaya tourists got violently robbed and attacked everyday, and in other places. Also daily shootings and stabbings in pattaya, now a days it is kinda rare, violence overall in thailand has dropped, less gangs out there too. but it might be the calm before the storm....

From the reactions I've seen you are apparently living in a parallel universe, but as always, one man's meat....