7/11 woman gives birth in the store toilets after doctor told her: "You're not pregnant - you're just fat!"

rooster59

7/11 woman gives birth in the store toilets after doctor told her: "You're not pregnant - you're just fat!"

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTQ5OS83NDk5NTgyLzguanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A worker has given birth to a baby girl in the toilets of a gas station 7/11 in Chonburi.

She didn't even know she was pregnant and went into the loos to have a pooh. 

Out came a healthy girl instead. 

Sarinya, 24, has named her baby girl "Nong Seven". It was even the seventh of the month and happened on Route 7 yesterday.

Rescue services and a team of doctors went to the 7/11 at the PTT gas station on Route 7 in the Sri Racha area.

They found Sarinya cradling her newborn. After determining that mother and baby were doing fine they were taken to Somdej Phraboromratchathewee Hospital in Sri Racha for further observation. 

Sarinya told Sanook that she had been to see a doctor after she started putting on weight. The doctor told her she was just getting fat from disease. 

So she just went back to serving at 7/11 totally unaware that she was pregnant.

A call of nature meant she entered the toilets yesterday and while she was straining out popped the baby who she has called "Seven". 

Maid Urai, 61, confirmed she had seen Sarinya enter the loos then heard her screams. After regaining her composure she called the rescue services.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-08

cleardot.gif

Didn't she realize that her menstruation was not recurring? Didn't she know what it most likely meant if she didn't get her period? Some folks are really as dumb as door nails.

And that "doctor" should be investigated immediately. I won't be surprised if it turns out that he actually is nothing more than a self-appointed physician without any qualifications whatsoever.

Unfortunately, many poor people resort to consulting these quacks, of which you can find at least one in every small town and village.      

• Like 2

Ah Yes ,Surly you believe what a doctor tells you in a country where the elite can have others take the medical exams for him or where they can get the answers ahead of time. There are nurses in The UK,EU,The US  and other parts of the world that have more medical knowledge then most (Not All) doctors in Thailand..

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Unfortunately, many poor people resort to consulting these quacks, of which you can find at least one in every small town and village.

Yes I wonder why they do this, there's the 30-baht option which is much cheaper than the clinics.

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

I smell a rat with this story. I wonder if it is bogus? All those 7s (7/11; on the 7th day of the month; route 7; the maid being 61 years old, i.e. 6+1 =7) ...

And can you believe that both a doctor AND a pregnant woman (NINE months pregnant) would not know of the pregnancy!

This all sounds ludicrous to me. I don't buy it.

That means you don't know Thailand.

Must of been the same doctor who told my ex she got pregnant because I did not take a shower one time before sex.

Hopefully, someone with half a brain will follow up and have this doctor fired and medical license revoked.

its only human error when doctors misdiagnose but pregnancy is just too stupid to allow him to practice 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eligius said:

I smell a rat with this story. I wonder if it is bogus? All those 7s (7/11; on the 7th day of the month; route 7; the maid being 61 years old, i.e. 6+1 =7) ...

And can you believe that both a doctor AND a pregnant woman (NINE months pregnant) would not know of the pregnancy!

This all sounds ludicrous to me. I don't buy it.

Did  the  sprog  weigh 7.7kilos  though?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The doctor told her she was just getting fat from disease.

16 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

There are nurses in The UK,EU,The US  and other parts of the world that have more medical knowledge then most (Not All) doctors in Thailand..

I have more medical knowledge than most Thai doctors and I'm a retired teacher.

• Haha 1

I went to see a Dr about being sick in the morning. He said I was pregnant. I said, "no, not possible I am a man that's just my big beer belly"

Dr said, "are you gay?". I said, "yes". He said, "There you are, a lot of gay men get pregnant you know". "Is it possible ?" I asked. The Dr said, "Where do you think lawyers come from?"

Edited by madusa
add wrods