"Lovely" farang to the rescue! Dog saved from becoming dinner by Westerner

webfact

5 minutes ago, upu2 said:

Parts of the world I have been to they do. Actually you can eat a human in quite a few countries and not be breaking the law

What countries would those be?, I know they used to eat parts of their

dead relatives in parts of PNG,but this it's stopped now as they were

getting disease from the brains.

regards worgeordir

Just now, worgeordie said:

What countries would those be?, I know they used to eat parts of their

dead relatives in parts of PNG,but this it's stopped now as they were

getting disease from the brains.

regards worgeordir

To name one Germany

This man runs a dog shelter in Ban Kruat in Southern Buriram Province.I cannot remember his name but I think he is Austrian.
      The shelter is a charity supported but donations from overseas.
       At any one time the place holds about 150 stray and abandoned animals. The dogs are kept for a couple of weeks and if a home cannot be found for them they are euthanised.

Can someone please post a link to the charity?

32 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

That was a cannibal,unless they are putting the best cuts

of the human in the bratwurst. name another you said several

regards worgeordie

I have a list I will send you. I found it unbelievable but true

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, imcagr said:

What you do not understand ?!

They can not move around in that cage their paws are in between little spaces, if they want to lay down, then they lay uncomfortable on the bars, if you need a dog out you have to tumble in and grab the dog. Why a cage so uncomfortable,would never be mine idea.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:52 AM, upu2 said:

So do the Japanese and the Kazakhs. Actually it doesn't taste bad. I never understand why people think dogs should not be eaten, strange as we regularly eat beef, chicken pork etc. dog is only another meat

Humans are just another meat too.. It's all perspective.

From my perspective animals who exhibit intelligence (some more than certain human animals), empathy, loyalty, and companionship should not be considered food for people.

The argument that the entire world exists simply for humans to exploit, plunder, and degrade is short-sighted and foolish.  From that perspective everything is "just another" something that humans might feel free to use as they see fit, including other humans.

Like it or not, ALL life here is connected, and if we have any responsibility at all to our spaceship Earth, good stewardship is part of it.

I guess we all have to choose our battles.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

From my perspective animals who exhibit intelligence (some more than certain human animals), empathy, loyalty, and companionship should not be considered food for people.

The argument that the entire world exists simply for humans to exploit, plunder, and degrade is short-sighted and foolish.  From that perspective everything is "just another" something that humans might feel free to use as they see fit, including other humans.

Like it or not, ALL life here is connected, and if we have any responsibility at all to our spaceship Earth, good stewardship is part of it.

We are at the top of the food chain everything else has to get ready, that's the way it is

Remember when you used to play hide and seek, count to 20 then shout coming ready or not

17 hours ago, RocketDog said:

whether you like it or not the food chain exists and it is not going to alter for anyone. Big animals each smaller and weaker animals that is the way it goes. Always has and probably always will. You obviously do not agree with it but it aint going to change for you so you may as well accept it.

Dogs are lower than the food chain than people so yes why not eat them?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, Bundooman said:

Agree 100%!

Also, some people cannot afford beef,chicken or pork.

Cats and dogs are just as tasty - and freely available in every soi.

In India - they eat rats. In Esaan they eat rats, 

In Thailand they eat snas, scorpions, insects. In Cambodia - Spiders

China/HK, Korea they eat dog.

In France, they eat horse

In Japan they eat dolphins, Minke whales and seals

In Canada, (or around there), they cull seals by the thousand - bludgeoning them to death with clubs.... don't they? 

In Australia they eat Kangaroo

In the Mediterranean, they eat octopus, shark and swordfish

In Africa - they eat what they can get. Monkey, elephant, crocodile

Why are the verminous, vicious canines thought to be exempt. 

Cheap food and easily found. Butchered or not.They provide food.

BBQ'd is best. Cat tastes just like rabbit.

I decided to stay with the forum.

There is much more to this question than killing animals for food, and incredibly naïve of you to miss that point. People who say do you like bacon sandwiches, also miss that point entirely. Farming, with all it's attendant safeguards (which WILL eventually be mandatory even in some of the places you mention above) is a requirement of course. However bludgeoning or hacking animals to death, or drowning them en masse in cages, is not acceptable to civilised human beings. Dogs have established a relationship with humans that goes back at least ten thousand years. They serve people in many many ways - bomb detection, drug detection, guide dog, companionship -  the list grows every day. They are intelligent mammals like us, they have earned our trust. To massacre them in inhuman ways is a massive betrayal. Humans are capable of such betrayal, - animals are not. To defend that betrayal with bacon sandwich arguments is idiotic and mindless.