Younger brother blames epilepsy for murderous attack on sibling over 100 baht in Chonburi

rooster59

Younger brother blames epilepsy for murderous attack on sibling over 100 baht in Chonburi

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwMi83NTEzNzgyLzEuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

Muang district police in Chonburi have announced the arrest of a 38 year old man after the murder of his elder brother in Bang Sai Soi 105 earlier this month. 

Thammarat or "Both" has been charged with the murder of Suphamit Roowong, 40, and having a knife concealed on his person. A warrant had earlier been issued and he was apprehended when he returned home. 

Suphamit was attacked multiple times suffering head, face and body wounds on September 4th. He died from his injuries on the way to hospital. 

Thammarat said he suffers from epilepsy and could hardly remember a thing.

He only remembered that they had argued over 100 owed for house rent and that his elder sibling went for him first with a knife. 

He then attacked his brother with a knife but it is all a blur as he suffers from seizures. 

He has been detained. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-22
  • Haha 1

Firstly,  I'm not in anyway condoning what this guy has done but there is more than one type of Epilepsy.  I have a cousin who has a lesser known condition called Absence Epilepsy. Although now controlled by medication,  in the past when he had fits he never had convulsions or loss of body control and in fact, it was perfectly possible that anyone standing near him would not have been aware of any problem. His symptoms were much more subtle, sometimes he would stop talking mid sentence and do something completely erratic. But crucially he never had any memory of these fits. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Firstly,  I'm not in anyway condoning what this guy has done but there is more than one type of Epilepsy.  I have a cousin who has a lesser known condition called Absence Epilepsy. Although now controlled by medication,  in the past when he had fits he never had convulsions or loss of body control and in fact, it was perfectly possible that anyone standing near him would not have been aware of any problem. His symptoms were much more subtle, sometimes he would stop talking mid sentence and do something completely erratic. But crucially he never had any memory of these fits. 

Same same as Petit Mal.

• Like 1

And everyone is supposed to believe this weak-arsed lame BS of an excuse that simple doesn't fly. Same as always...could it possibly actually be because you are an entitled trigger-happy arrogant moron that can't control himself because someone said something you take umbrage with. Just another, in a long line of, oxygen thieves that are of no use to society or anyone. Toss the prick in jail for a long time.

22 hours ago, Ossy said:

Epilepsy, my backside. Why not put it down to the much more likely cause, the growing sickness that's creeping into domestic, school and work life in this sad country? When poor folk look up and see their 'masters' behaving like government fund administrators, police colonels, school directors, chief monks and deputy prime ministers, how the hell can you expect them to behave?

Nobody should have their own behaviour determined by the lowest denominator, or the highest for that matter, you are yourself. The world wide rise in social violence (just look at the UK) seems to me to be caused by a general frustration at the lack of control over one's life.

• Like 1