Bill Cosby, in cuffs, imprisoned for up to 10 years for sexual assault

webfact

6 hours ago, The manic said:

I hated the show.  Anodyne, sentimental rubbish. And so false. Black folks acting out white middle class fantasies.

I remember reading an interview Cosby gave a long time ago where he said "The Cosby Show" was accurately representative of the average African-American family in the USA. It took me a few days to stop laughing.

There was a time before Dr. Huxtable and pudding pops when Cosby was actually kind of edgy for the time. Yes, maybe hard to believe. I attended one of his comedy shows where he filled a massive university basketball arena. I also bought his records back then. Quite an American story. Americans do love to see celebrities crash though in this case of course he deserves it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_Is_a_Very_Funny_Fellow...Right!

Sean Carruthers of AllMusic rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, saying that "Those who only know Bill Cosby as an '80s television star and product pitchman don't know how truly funny and edgy he used to be when he first started out."

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

It seems that those with thinly veiled support for sexual assault on a woman don't bother to think about why it wasn't reported directly after the assault. Here are some reasons.

* The 'good ol' days' of acceptance of men's dominance over women are over;

* Reporting a sexual assault that left no trace would not have been investigated by mainly male police;

* Reporting a sexual assault by a famous person would be even less likely to succeed in a male-dominated period;

* Any in the same industry would risk blacklisting by the perpetrator and/or his friends.

• Like 1

He has money. Done. He wont be in there long and it will be a cake walk of a prison. Money buys you pretty much everything. Welcome to the American justice system. 

But the joys don't end there. In a couple of years he will be out with the experience of how not to get caught under his belt. 

Edited by utalkin2me

44 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

He has money. Done. He wont be in there long and it will be a cake walk of a prison. Money buys you pretty much everything. Welcome to the American justice system. 

But the joys don't end there. In a couple of years he will be out with the experience of how not to get caught under his belt. 

I don't think that's really true. Yes he can buy stuff like ramen pot noodles and cigarettes at the prison store. Probably he can use his merch from the store to pay other convicts to do chores for him. Maybe he'll get special guard protection because it would be bad PR to have him murdered in prison. But he can't buy himself into a luxury cell. I suppose if he gets very ill there he'd be put in a hospital setting. Better put him on suicide watch. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think that's really true. Yes he can buy stuff like ramen pot noodles and cigarettes at the prison store. Probably he can use his merch from the store to pay other convicts to do chores for him. Maybe he'll get special guard protection because it would be bad PR to have him murdered in prison. But he can't buy himself into a luxury cell. I suppose if he gets very ill there he'd be put in a hospital setting. Better put him on suicide watch. 

Cmon. Really. I can respect everyone's opinion. But...

I assume he still has money. I am not sure. But it is not only that, these douches have connections. Connections and money lead to things like going to a certain prison where he will essentially be on vacation. 

I would love to see the truth. Really. But my bet is he sits in prison completely unfettered. While others who are doing real time have to fear lord knows what happening to them everyday. 

Cmon. Really. I can respect everyone's opinion. But...

I assume he still has money. I am not sure. But it is not only that, these douches have connections. Connections and money lead to things like going to a certain prison where he will essentially be on vacation. 

I would love to see the truth. Really. But my bet is he sits in prison completely unfettered. While others who are doing real time have to fear lord knows what happening to them everyday. 
Martha Stewart didn't get special treatment. I think he's going to a less cushy class of prison than she did. She did white collar crime.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Martha Stewart didn't get special treatment. I think he's going to a less cushy class of prison than she did. She did white collar crime.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am betting a broke, nobody bill cosby in for sexual assault is going to have a tremendously different experience than the actual bill cosby. 

Let's ask some questions here: in a real prison with real inmates, isn't it going to be a "thing" to want to kick the crap, or do who knows what, to bill cosby? I just do not think these guys do anything resmbling real time, like the average joe would. 

13 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

sorry but so much of the allegations were decades old, had no independent evidence or corroboration.  

I believe the ones he was actually convicted on were much more recent. He got a fair trial, a series of appeals, and reasonable rejection of those appeals. There is little doubt thatbhe is guilty of the chrages brought against him. Whether he is also guilty of the many, many other allegations against him, we can’t know for sure, but it seems pretty likely as the pattern described by the victims have been very consistent.

He was a comedic genius who inspired many comedians. He was also a monster, as we have now learned.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The question I'm asking is why, when he could have had all the women he wanted, given his fame, throwing themselves at him to be done with as he pleased. If the charges are in fact correct, he is mentally ill, IMO, rather than a criminal. If a normal guy can get all the ****** he wants from willing groupies, why would he need to resort to drugging?

Because sexual assault is not about sex, but about violence, dominion and control. Cosby’s kind of behavior has not been diagnosed as a mental illness. It is however sick (and sickening) behavior.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My logic states nobody should be found guilty of any sexual assault that wasn't reported the moment the woman had recovered enough to stagger to a police station.

Well, there must be always few of these men, who think abusing women and generally other people is ok, just because they are at that moment stronger that the people they abuse.

You are truly a disgrace to manhood. 

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My logic states nobody should be found guilty of any sexual assault that wasn't reported the moment the woman had recovered enough to stagger to a police station.

Your logic would be faulty. Sexual abusers are often *serial* sexual abusers. If they were doing it two decades ago and have been getting away with it, it’s likely they are still doing it.

Research from around the world shows that the vast majority of women, even in more equal societies (let alone highly patriarchal ones) do not report sexual abuse. Reasons range from fear and shame to discouragement and sheer lack of opportunity.

From The American Psychological Association:

“Sexual assault is likely the most under-reported crime in the United States. About two-thirds of female sexual assault victims do not report to the police, and many victims do not tell anyone. Sexual assault is a terrifying and humiliating experience. Women choose not to report for a variety of reasons — fear for their safety, being in shock, fear of not being believed, feeling embarrassed or ashamed, or expecting to be blamed. “

Of the cases that do get reported, 93 to 98% prove to be valid.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2018/09/report-sexual-assault.aspx?platform=hootsuite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

I believe the ones he was actually convicted on were much more recent. He got a fair trial, a series of appeals, and reasonable rejection of those appeals. There is little doubt thatbhe is guilty of the chrages brought against him. Whether he is also guilty of the many, many other allegations against him, we can’t know for sure, but it seems pretty likely as the pattern described by the victims have been very consistent.

He was a comedic genius who inspired many comedians. He was also a monster, as we have now learned.

I think there is a great deal of doubt.  And jurors are supposed to convict only if it is beyond a reasonable doubt.  I see plenty of reasonable doubt. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, The manic said:

I hated the show.  Anodyne, sentimental rubbish. And so false. Black folks acting out white middle class fantasies.

I didn't like the show much.  But as a kid (born in 57) I never laughed so hard then listening to his comedy 200 miles an hour, and some other skits. 

• Like 1

I think there is a great deal of doubt.  And jurors are supposed to convict only if it is beyond a reasonable doubt.  I see plenty of reasonable doubt. 

I know you think you’re entitled to your opinion but I think you’re going to have to retract your doubt and bow down else you’ll face the wrath of the group think warriors.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, oilinki said:

Well, there must be always few of these men, who think abusing women and generally other people is ok, just because they are at that moment stronger that the people they abuse.

You are truly a disgrace to manhood. 

If someone violently assaulted me, I'd be down the police station in a flash.

• Confused 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Mansell said:

Because it is about power and control over women. If sixty women all pretty much have the same story, then that is pretty powerful evidence in itself. Based on your criteria people that murder people are mentally ill and it isn't a crime but a mental health issue.......Rubbish. A crime is a crime. He knew what he was doing was wrong unless he is a complete moron. Let's stop making excuses for these sexual predators including Trump and Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court.

Comparing murder and sexual abuse is apples and oranges. 

I know people that have no idea they are doing wrong things because of mental issues. If you were right, there would be no category of innocent due to insanity, but there is.

Bringing Trump into a topic that has nothing to do with him is, IMO, a sign that the poster has nothing much to back up their theory, and just trying to garner support from the people with TDS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Even if that recovery takes decades!

When you have a serious car accident, do you wait ten years to report it? or do you report it as soon as you are physically able? 

Women lie all the time about everything, it's in their nature, if they can't be bothered to make a report of an attack (of any sort) when physical evidence can still be found, DNA, bruises, cuts, scratches, his skin under her fingernails, CCTV footage, etc., I will assume it didn't happen, and the women is either a liar or mentally ill.

I think the Muslim countries have it right, never allow a women to be alone and unprotected, then bad stuff can't happen to them, and they have no opportunity to make false accusations. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1