mortgages?

I am living in Samui, just first year on a five year thai elite visa. i own my villa there, but need to raise some money against the property. the villa new, completed and has me living in it but might be rented out - are there any banks who will lend upto 40-50% against the value of the property? Single, no kids, UK passport, HK permanent resident - despite searching cannot find anthing that fits so hoping some collective bulletin board wisdom might help or at least tell me to forget it and find another way to raise money

If a regular income through a bank can be shown and can prove the monthly repayments can be met then with the help of a Thai as guaranteed party then yes subject to the Villa being legally yours as the bank will do their due diligence its possible. 

If you own the property outright then a Thai bank/finance house may well make you a loan against the collateral of the house. However, wouldn't you do better to raise the money required in the UK as a bank loan or against credit cards, if you have them there still -  and assuming your credit score is good? Alternatively, as you say you are a PR of Hong Kong, I'd expect you have a bank account and CCs there, so perhaps the same might apply?

In my opinion a Thai bank, even if you are a long-standing customer, will not give you an attractive proposition compared to a Western bank, all else being equal.

• Like 1