Police dispatch officials at Don Mueang International Airport welcoming Chinese Tourists

webfact

7 hours ago, Thian said:

These policemen sure give the Thai a good reputation...i wonder how far they can run with bellies like that.

Why need to run after criminals when they can come to you ,plead guilty and have their sentences cut by half ? 

Just like they “Look after Expat Retirees.”

Previous Elected Government introduced a FERANG HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME. Ferangs, in Good Faith dropped whatever scheme had abroad and enrolled. Worked very well.

New, (Government) dumped the scheme, now many Aged Ferangs are unnsured as no other company will insure them with “existing” ailments or want huge, unafirdable premiums.

Ever wondered why so many aging/ailing Ferangs take “ self instructed”

Flying Lessons ?

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

????Seems by the photo that the Thai government need to introduce a dietary regime for their policemen . I suspect that it’s a case of to many freebies at McDonald’s and KFC ????????????

It's probably down to the old story I heard a few years ago that Thai girls like fat men because it means that they must have lots of money if they can afford to eat enough food to get like that! Maybe the Govt thinks that the Chinese are of a similar mindset!

P.S Just realised that the cover pic to this post has been changed! ????????

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I propose a special welcoming room through which all Chinese arrivals are to be channeled to have their backsides kissed by a line of officials who then also will kowtow to them three times under the sounds of a traditional likay orchestra. 

Mr Misterwhisper is it jealousy? That Farangs don't get such welcome at all. The present arrival is only 0.05 percent of the population of China. If 1.8 percent came all hotels book up and you will think you have just arrived in some place in China. The prices will go through the roof and you will complain( as usual).

Sadly these idiots seem to think that the Chinese are as stupid as themselves, they have a surprise coming. The Chinese have had plenty of time to get accustomed to lies and bullsh@t, they are not stupid. They haven't spent their past 500 years grovelling before their masters like dogs.

please tell the public what you plan to do with the guard who manhandled the tourist?

thailand apology is appreciable but how that guard is disposed off is sublimely import - he became the jury

the judge and the executioner. this is no way to go.

14 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Seriously, they want to convince the new arrivals that they will be safe. Will take more than the presence of a few grinning numpties in uniform,  some real Lifeguards at Phuket beaches might be a good start. 

what you need to do is to bang up the guard who took law into his own hands. wai wai and all is non enough.

27 minutes ago, weegee said:

Apologize all you like....The ship has sailed well and truly.

Chinese are buying up big in Vietnam and Cambodia now...and spending Millions of DOLLARS.

Vietnamese don't like the Chinese. Buying up what. Cambodia only. No Vietnam.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"We'll look after you in Thailand" Big Joke tells the Chinese..... and other tourists

1538283425896-960x0.jpg

Picture: TNA

The Thai police went on a massive charm offensive at Don Mueang airport yesterday as they prepared to welcome Chinese tourists during the "Golden Week" that marks the National Day holidays in China. 

Pol Maj-Gen Surachate Hakpal - in his last job as deputy commander of the tourist police before he takes over as immigration chief today - led a contingent of 147 cops and airport staff. 

The move comes in the wake of an embarrassing incident for Thailand - the assault of a Chinese tourist at Bangkok's second largest airport by a security guard that was caught on video. 

Surachate - known as Big Joke in the media - said all tourists were important, not just the Chinese.

But he had to admit they did represent a large proportion of tourist arrivals these days.

He promised that the Thais would continue to ensure the security of visitors who could count on Thailand. 

And in a thinly veiled reference to the assault he said that anyone not doing their job properly would be punished. 

Many Chinese are on the move this week in the National Day holidays lasting from October 1st to 7th, reported TNA.

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-01

Looking at the Photo seems they manage to put away quite a few doughnuts especially the one on the left... :whistling:

• Haha 1

I dont recall any grovelling or indeed even a message of regret when the British man and his wife were murdered recently.

Yet here we have a Chinese tourist simply manhandled and the authorities are falling over themselves in the rush to apologise.

All nationalities treated alike , I dont think so !

• Like 2

Pathetic grovelling.

Zero dollar tourists. Remember that? 'Course you do.

The new hegemon...

Looking at it another way, Thailand has burned thru it's goodwill with nearly every country on the planet. When China goes Thailand's tourism industry is finished.

What I find repulsive is all the rude Chinese i see about Bangkok that are clearly living here. On the MRT, in the food courts...ignored by authorities.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Nothing like a good laugh to start the week. The only care tourist service providers will take is to see how deep they can dig into their pockets and purses and how little value they can provide for the money spent. Water and road safety are not included in ticket prices.

As a ex tour driver in NZ I can tell you, the value they provide goes directly to GO, the tours are controlled by the tour guide who is paid a commission, and also lies to them about free venues and pockets entry money.

All the restaurants they eat at are pre selected b4 they arrive, the shopping venues are also selected for them.

The tour guides tell them that they can take them to warehouses where they can buy direct and cheaper.

I had to drive detours to avoid them seeing tourist shops, one tour I did 2 of the people went for a evening walk after a day out and factory shopping, only to discover a tourist shop where the pure  alpaca wool mattress underlay they had just paid nearly a thousand dollars for was on sale for $400.

They nearly lynched the tour guide the next morning.

The Chinese tours do not help Thailand, they only help the Chinese business people in Thailand.

They create havoc in restaurant's and venues by dropping butts and leaving a mess behind them.

They create havoc at the airports, it is the same wherever they arrive, big lines with flags and loud yelling.

They are rude and will walk over the top of people.

LOS is dreaming if they think this will ever change or benefit Thailand as a country.

• Like 1

Mr Big Funny could start by screening all those grouchy faces unwelcoming visitors from overseas. I travel a fair bit and one-in-ten is friendly and does the service with a smile (mostly women, by the way). The greyhounds with half a star are the worst; been overlooked on the last five promotion waves ............ 

19 hours ago, Media1 said:

Vietnamese don't like the Chinese. Buying up what. Cambodia only. No Vietnam.

Sure they dont like them....You dont have to tell me that. But they are taking their money, every way they can....

23 hours ago, Basil B said:

Looking at the Photo seems they manage to put away quite a few doughnuts especially the one on the left... :whistling:

Have you noticed that this pic has been removed from the leader page? I wonder why?????

28 minutes ago, sambum said:
23 hours ago, Basil B said:

Have you noticed that this pic has been removed from the leader page? I wonder why?????

They've rushed off out of the picture for emergency doughnut supplies.

• Haha 1