Rivals left fuming as serving ministers join pro-Junta party

snoop1130

Rivals left fuming as serving ministers join pro-Junta party

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

UttamaPL-696x464.jpg

Industry Minister Uttama Savanayana arrives at Palang Pracharat Party executive meeting on Saturday.

BANGKOK — News of four ministers under junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha joining the rank of a pro-government party was met with a chorus of criticism from Pheu Thai and Democrat politicians.

Uttama Savanayana, Suvit Maesincee, Nuttapol Teepasuwan and Sontirat Sontijirawong confirmed their membership with Palang Pracharat Party on Saturday, even as they continued to serve in ministerial posts. Uttama was also elected leader of Palang Pracharat, widely seen as a proxy of the military regime.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/10/01/rivals-left-fuming-as-serving-ministers-join-pro-junta-party/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-1

Remembering that they all secured their positions by illegal force and favoured appointments.

Perhaps, they're sensing a true threat as to what a unsure future might bring.

Very reasoned that they play the game to their advantage, changing the rules that befit themselves. 

• Like 2

There's gonna be trouble before long, when these voices penetrate the thick skull of Khun Almighty.

And they will . . . eventually. The intriguing question is how will he react, if at all?

Edited by Ossy
omisson
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

“They are both athletes and rulekeepers at the same time. How can we have a fair election?”

Coups aren't fair.  Why would anyone believe those who would take power by force would then surrender it ?  Do bullies on the playground keep their word ?  No, they do what they please.  It will be difficult years for Thailand

Most definitely a turgid tide to rectify, as the military and circles of particular influence have ruled the playground for ages. 

And still today, most just don't get the pretext of contemporary history as to the rhymes and reasons for the base existence of the military and their prime purpose. 

Do the inquiries have to be blatant? 

Whys and wherefores for all the coups and the military's stance for existence.

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 2

Just another four sycophants crawling around the corridors of power with their pants down ready to take one ( or several ) for the team.

They know which side their bread is buttered and just follow their nose to anything that fills the wallet.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

criticism from Pheu Thai and Democrat politicians

Both of you were in power several times during the last 15 years when you had the opportunity to fix the systemic threats to democracy from perpetual military coups. You chose instead to consolidate your own grip and have a good slurp from the trough.

And now you're fuming. Guess what, fume on dudes...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Remember if they didn't do the coup there would still be bombings and shootings everywhere and the farmers were still waiting for their money.

There wouldn't be much mayhem if the military do their job instead of decorating their check points with flowers. They have a mission to sabotage the government. 

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You either weren't here or you have a selective memory:

Neither are correct nor do your photos in any way back your assertions. Selective memory? I also notice that the photos are of only one faction in the conflict...

Edited by baboon

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

No,  they could have just done their jobs instead and quelled the violence.  The coup was far and away too far.  Other countries are able to deal with such things without over throwing a government.   The trouble is nobody is as popular as the Shinawatras.  The elites want the Shinawatras marginalized.  In your mind, it is okay to have a coup when most of the world seas it as a complete failure.  You belong in Thailand if you think failure is a triumph.    

There ya go.

Well said, YB. 

Many don't want to get it. 

Especially deriving from a wannabe crowd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

No,  they could have just done their jobs instead and quelled the violence.  The coup was far and away too far.  Other countries are able to deal with such things without over throwing a government.   The trouble is nobody is as popular as the Shinawatras.  The elites want the Shinawatras marginalized.  In your mind, it is okay to have a coup when most of the world seas it as a complete failure.  You belong in Thailand if you think failure is a triumph.    

The violence was permitted by the Shin government.

4 hours ago, baboon said:

There's that selective memory you mentioned previously at work again...

Baboon I am sure you are aware there are some posters on here there is absolutely zero point conversing with, they are either too thick or too blinkered to understand and I have not quite worked out which one of the two he is though I am airing towards the former....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, so no use to talk to you, goodbye.

Err, no, you don't like what I am saying. There is a difference. Actually I do have a clue what I am talking about but I am not given to fly off the handle should anyone dare to disagree with me.

No wonder you are happy with the junta.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

When the junta has the treasury at their disposal...they can buy anyone.....and loyalty in Thailand, goes out the window, when money and the promise of a space at the trough ensues.

Just the same as Taksin did

19 minutes ago, gamini said:

Just the same as Taksin did

Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin. Meanwhile...

Where are those promises kept? Where is the reconciliation? We are now in the Autumn of 2018 and still waiting.

A dislike of Thaksin is perfectly understandable, but this lot? Give me a break!

28 minutes ago, baboon said:

Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin. Meanwhile...

Where are those promises kept? Where is the reconciliation? We are now in the Autumn of 2018 and still waiting.

A dislike of Thaksin is perfectly understandable, but this lot? Give me a break!

Reconciliation has to come from 2 parties, don't see any effort from you (not that you are a party in this anyway).

Edited by FritsSikkink