Pensioner's plea! Thais have robbed me blind and I can't get home

webfact

1 hour ago, YTP said:

Not gonna get much sympathy from signs like that... THAILAND your people (!) STOLE ALL MY MONEY / THAI PEOPLE STOLE ALL MY MONEY

Not gonna get home by selling 200 baht watches either.  Wonder what the story is.

He's probably thinking he'll get more dumb farangs by saying what so many farangs apparently believe.

• Like 2

Years ago, there was an Englishman face down in his lunch and blind drunk at the airport. I pulled him up, and when he came to, he told me he had no money and was living at the airport. He didnt ask for money. I often wonder what happened to him.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

He has a state person.. everyone has one in the Netherlands. around a 1000 eur per month. How can he be robbed of his ticket.. sounds fake to me. 

Not every Dutchmen get state pension (AOW) it depends how long you actually lived in Holland (working or not working)

between 15 and 65 years you get for every year 2% so if you live in Holland these period you get 50 times 2% is 100% about 50000 baht a month for single unmarried person

every year you not have lives in Holland they deduct with 2%

for instants if this man lived abroad with Dutch passport for 40 years he only get 20% etc etc

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Nothing worse than a farang begger in 3rd world. I bet if you offered him a non refundable ticket he would beg for the cash so he could buy it lol

What's the old saying 'Fools and their money are soon parted'.

I got posted to Thailand, first day another farang (a local employee) asked for money, other staff members advised me to never give the 'begger' one baht. 

He spent all of this salary on girls 'pay for fun' and expensive gifts all the time for girls he knew only from bars.

He eventually got into serious trouble with finances and his family from home sent just enough money for a return ticket. 

The night before his flight home he went to cowboy for a final escapade. He spent every baht he had in the world. He walked back to his room, next day he begged around his apartment building for just enough taxi money to get to the old inter, airport. He arrived in Australia with not one baht or one cent to his name. He approached the police at the arrival airport, they drove him home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

so at 70 he has no state pension from home ? I find that hard to believe, how about booking a cheap room for 2x months and saving your income for an air ticket instead of making an idiot of yourself 

Why so hard to believe?  I won't get a state pension of any kind.   I won't get any pension of any kind for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RotMahKid said:

Only if you lived in the Netherlands for 50 yrs, for every year from your 15th till your 65 you get 2%. If you lived less longer there it's costs you 2% per year. I know dutch persons that came here when they were 25 and never left, then it's not so much you get.

nz has a similar system--we have to have lived in nz 45yrs---pension is reduced proportionately if youve been away from nz...our pension is only about 36,000thb for 28days-non taxed-its not asset tested.

i dont think anybody should cut all ties from their home country.. they should make sure that they have some sort of savings to cover illness etc..before moving to thailand...

if not...they dont deserve any sympathy if they'run out of money'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1