Thailand is too noisy - and the Thais themselves are fed up with it!

rooster59

55 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well yeah. Peasants shout loudest, for practical reason. Talking to another one 80m away arse up on a rice field requires a bit of volume.

Hi-Sos can send their underlings to deliver messages in golden envelopes, they're pretty quiet except for the noise of the nose scraping the floor.

I was referring to Chinese and Thai that are facing each other, being at home in Issan, or in Hotel lobbies etc.   

20 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Noise poluttion is just that - pollution

Why would Thais worry about just another pollution, when they are destroying their beautiful Country with every other sort of pollution.

Did you read the article?

Surveys have shown that one of the biggest problems in Thailand is noise pollution. 
While many foreign tourists and expats think Thais just grin and bear it, the opposite is in fact true. 
In terms of being an annoyance factor noise is the number one source of complaints throughout the country

That seems to indicate that a fair amount of Thai people do worry about it.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Same for me, all I can hear is a few birds tweeting, and the fan spinning.

The soi I live in is quite good, local Thais and falangs all respect each other, the worst noise though is when the wife gets chatting with family or friends, the decibel level goes through the roof.

I am in NZ at present with mother in law here and sister in law, can't hear a dam thing when they get yapping ,turn on there phones and watch internet Thai soap.

They are noisy people .

The noisy bikes pee me off and the pickups driving around with loud speakers, I do not see change.

They are not the only noisy Asian race there are much noisier .

The compensation is they laugh a lot.

22 hours ago, maddermax said:

Further to my last message, one way we could try to get the advertising trucks to stop would be to make it clear to the advertisers that we will boycott their products if they advertise in this way.  Comments ....?

Good idea but difficult to effect. Why not just whack fines on anything - broadcast vans, motorbikes, shitty 21st Century electronic "music", etc - that exceed a comfortable level of decibels. 

• Like 1

Although Thailand is loud when they amplify themselves excessively and needlessly through loudspeakers, it definitely has nothing on those close by. Malaysia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, India all exceed Thailand in terms of decibels. At least Thailand is horn happy. It's not perfect but I still sleep well.