TAT asks Thais to be good hosts to boost tourists’ confidence

rooster59

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNECO611006001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 6th October 2018 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has implored members of the public to be good hosts during the high season as the country eyes bustling tourism until February 2019. 

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn says between October 2018 and February 2019 which is a high tourism season in Thailand, the kingdom will be visited by a large number of tourists from America, Australia, and European nations. 

For Thai citizens, the government allows a tax deduction of up to 15,000 baht per person for those who shop and spend at secondary destinations or provinces by December 31st. 

To further encourage citizens to visit secondary cities, the TAT has launched the “Thai Tiew Thai, Thai Yangyuen” campaign which includes a wide variety of activities tourists can enjoy, while traveling in remote provinces. The campaign also hopes to distribute wealth among local communities. 

As for the capital city, he said Bangkok will always be the number one destination after having been named the most visited city in the world, while asking Thai citizens to welcome foreign visitors with smiles and generosity.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-07

• Haha 1

I would like to see TAT become pro-active in getting local authorities to do something about such things as congested and dangerous footpaths, absence of rubbish bins in tourist areas, dangling electrical and communications wires. Foreign tourists must go away with a bad impression and spread the word back home, which must be adversely affecting tourist numbers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saladin said:

I would like to see TAT become pro-active in getting local authorities to do something about such things as congested and dangerous footpaths, absence of rubbish bins in tourist areas, dangling electrical and communications wires. Foreign tourists must go away with a bad impression and spread the word back home, which must be adversely affecting tourist numbers.

which must be adversely affecting tourist numbers.

maybe, but only in so much as it adversely effects the increase in tourist numbers, as tourist arrivals have increased in eight of the last ten years.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

TAT has launched the “Thai Tiew Thai, Thai Yangyuen” campaign which includes a wide variety of activities tourists can enjoy, while traveling in remote provinces

Bet they don't include that quaint old medieval bloodsport of cockfighting not uncommon out in the sticks .. 

IMG_20181007_083940.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Thai Tiew Thai, Thai Yangyuen” campaign

Just a tad more info on this catchy-sounding campaign would be helpful. That and, in order for all this requested Thai-friendliness to be justified, a trouble-shooting initiative, by Immigration, whereby unmissable signs - in Chinese, especially - at all entry points, reminding visitors that they are entering a civilised country, where people act like human beings and not animals, when it comes to orderly queuing, discreet communicating and ablutions usage, underlining that tourism is a two-sided thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Bet they don't include that quaint old medieval bloodsport of cockfighting not uncommon out in the sticks .. 

IMG_20181007_083940.jpg

Too true, J. There's a huge arena in the next village to mine, just off H22, and the saddoes ('cos that's how I have to regard these guys) come in their droves, every Sat. When the wind's in the 'wrong' direction, I can hear the cheering from my place and, each time, it reminds me that there is, in fact, something that I don't like about Isan life. A real tourist turn-off, for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNECO611006001000201.jpg

And have you ever seen a more half-hearted, less heart-felt thumbs-up than that. What a wazzock, even though he has troubled to dress like a business-man and not a doll. Sorry, Yuthasak . . . I half take back what I've said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossy said:

Too true, J. There's a huge arena in the next village to mine, just off H22, and the saddoes ('cos that's how I have to regard these guys) come in their droves, every Sat. When the wind's in the 'wrong' direction, I can hear the cheering from my place and, each time, it reminds me that there is, in fact, something that I don't like about Isan life. A real tourist turn-off, for sure.

How ghastly having to live in close proximity to such an arena .. There is also a dedicated TV channel to that and Bullfighting and owning and training of birds is apparently also a popular " pastime " with some members of the military .. What I ain't getting in all this is what Buddha thinks of pitting animals against one another for monetary gain and sadistic jollies .. My bird ( 'scuse the pun ) just shrugs and say's " they do long time cannot stop " .. So they gotta a long way to go before they can considered a modern 21st century society .. 

• Like 1

What hes trying to say is "Please, please, please PRETEND" to be nice.

I know farang are betrer in everyway shape and form and we could never admit to this and get along but we want their money right?

Does this include police and all public servents that seem not to understand that job title?

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

IMG_20181007_083940.jpg

Not just out in the sticks... Heck, there's an entire Thai cable TV channel on our cable TV system in BKK devoted to cock fighting.... Disgusting!

• Like 2