British Embassy statement on income letters: Officials knew about problems in May and say that US nationals will also be affected

webfact

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Yes we are aware that the US embassy will also be stopping their notarised income letter.  Please contact them directly for further information". 

So many disbelievers yesterday calling a Chiang Mai poster a troll :angry:

Fortunately no mention yet about Germany.

A friend even uses the honorary consul in Pattaya.

He says he always has documents/proof with him.

But the "verification" done by an assistant with little interest to look at.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

Keep the lump sums nice and safe in your home country's bank and send your self 65.000 every month

Embassy income letters are required for all income based applications. So sending a million baht a month wouldn't overcome that basic requirement. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

Keep the lump sums nice and safe in your home country's bank and send your self 65.000 every month

Sending yourself 65k of your own savings to yourself - how does that qualify at 65k of income that you are receiving?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

The problem is Thailand Immigration only accepting embassy income letter at the moment. There is no info the immigration will accept anything else.  Well the embassy is suggesting they will accept bank statements but that is not what immigration is telling enquirers.  I conceed its early days and it will be resolved for those effected .. but B.Embassy should coordinate / seriously pester Imigration to confirm bank method acceptable NOT throw this at us and say we washing our hands of it. Over to you we dont care.

Bank income method being not confirmed is the problem .. and immigration telling people embassy not correct in saying it.  But me wait to see good idea !!!!

Certainly does seem to be a bit nonchalant with no conformation that this is a procedure that they have agreed with Thai Immigration to allow bank statements in place of the embassy letter. It would be understandable if they were exercising discretion and  not confirming this so as not to be seen speaking for Immigration but that goes out of the window when they then tell us about an announcement that the US Embassy have yet to make.

• Like 2

Well I assumed the US would follow and others will announce the change as well.

No one using that method will sleep tonight & no amount of complaining will force the respective Embassy to do a thing as it's a Thai issue.

Oh sigh I do feel for the guys using the monthly income method but I think it's time to seriously consider an exit.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1