Mum of autistic child beaten at school: We don't want money - let the law take it's course

Jonathan Fairfield

Mum of autistic child beaten at school: We don't want money - let the law take it's course

96bb73278bb78f24dfda55d1cc521368.jpeg

The mother of an autistic primary school child set upon by older pupils at a school has spoken to the media about her family's problems.

The little girl was attacked by female teenagers but the incident was filmed by an older boy.

The mother said that people had offered her family 30-50,000 baht to drop charges.

This money would be useful but they are not accepting it. They want the law to run its course, reported Sanook.

The girl at the center of the case has been accepted at a new school ten kilometers away in Dok Kham Tai district where she will start on Tuesday. 

Initially the director of the school where the attack occurred tried to settle the matter by ordering the senior school pupils to pay 500 baht to the family - another offer that was rejected. 

Source: ThaiRath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-20

In the UK autistic children are sent to children with special needs schools, where staff and teachers are trained to deal with autistic children. But in Thailand I guess special needs schools fall strictly under the private sector and financially out of scope for average Thai families.

Autistic children can be extremely difficult to cope with and regular schools simply don`t have the trained staff and facilities to deal with them.

Children can be very cruel, even back in my school days during the Jurassic period, the most vulnerable kids were most often victims of bullying. 

It`s not really the school being to blame but rather the system that is at fault.

Edited by cyberfarang

7 hours ago, MaiDong said:

The director of this school should be ashamed.

Should be fired and banned from any further employment in education. Time this p*ss weak society toughened up and demand change

7 hours ago, MaiDong said:

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

In the UK autistic children are sent to children with special needs schools, where staff and teachers are trained to deal with autistic children. But in Thailand I guess special needs schools fall strictly under the private sector and financially out of scope for average Thai families.

Autistic children can be extremely difficult to cope with and regular schools simply don`t have the trained staff and facilities to deal with them.

Children can be very cruel, even back in my school days during the Jurassic period, the most vulnerable kids were most often victims of bullying. 

It`s not really the school being to blame but rather the system that is at fault.

Nothing to do with the little arse-hole bullies, is it? 

In my days, pre Jurassic - we would have got a very swift well aimed smack in the ear for that sort of behaviour. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Tar and feathered .   Again, most Thai institutions rely on the most expedient methods to solve things: money, coups.  

It is a relief to see that this child has excellent parents.  Wonderful role models for the rest of the country.

The parents of this child are more than excellent although I agree wholeheartedly with you.

It cannot be easy in Thai society to make such a stand.

Even more so to have a young child afflicted by autism. Life is hard enough already for both the girl and her concerned, loving parents.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Nothing to do with the little arse-hole bullies, is it? 

In my days, pre Jurassic - we would have got a very swift well aimed smack in the ear for that sort of behaviour. 

What should happen is those bullying girls to be expelled from the school. But this being Thailand the school is afraid of losing face and acquiring a poor reputation. So they prefer to pay off and strike this incident from the records. It still means the system is at fault.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Agree, can't say that about the other childrens parents though.

Thailand with a population of around 70 million makes absolute nonsense of 'can't say that about the other childrens (sic) parents though'. You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. This particular situation is being highlighted because the parents are ethical and standing firm, it would not surprise me if these particular parents are financially comfortable (not rich).

Edited by rossd
added text

16 minutes ago, rossd said:

Thailand with a population of around 70 million makes absolute nonsense of 'can't say that about the other childrens (sic) parents though'. You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. This particular situation is being highlighted because the parents are ethical and standing firm, it would not surprise me if these particular parents are financially comfortable (not rich).

So you support the parents of these kids who atacked this child?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, rossd said:

Seems your post could well contain a reasonable amount of nonsense and assumptions as well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

The school director should be demoted to lavatory cleaner.

I've often wondered what special / specific qualifications are needed to be appointed to school director in Thailand.

Does anybody know?