Why Pattaya Changed

JimmyTheMook

Has it changed?  Its bigger, the Worlds cheaper and easier to get round places and there is more choice!

It was a typical 3rd World tourist place and still is, that's not saying bad about Pattaya, that's life.  Don't look at Pattaya being typical of Thailand, there is choice of where you go and what you do, get used to it and make your choices!

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

It was a typical 3rd World tourist place and still is

Yes, the bad thing about it is that the 3rd world tourist places are now overcrowded, overdeveloped and still lack the infrastructure to support the herds. The low cost "paradises" have been replaced by herding yards for the Chinese. Back to the traditional 2nd/1st world tourists spots then. Luckily they've become more affordable in comparison.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, bkk6060 said:

You forgot to mention the Arabs also.

Not being anti anyone, just saying.

It is what it is, but this is just the beginning you will see an influx of many many more.

So, I guess either deal with it or try another place.

I am staying still like the place, but carefully pick spots where I go and hang out. ( I never go to WS anymore)

Arabs been there a very long time. Even have their own area.

• 4 months later...

As I came to live in Thailand (Pattaya) there was Land for sale in the walking street area for 350k THB/rai.

Small buildings with little self-made signs saying Cold Beer, life music.... 

Darkside was dark and still a green Jungle. Then the first sky scrapers and condos were built and the prices exploded.

Now the EUR/$/GBP went down the gutter and left is a modern city that westerners not appreciate anymore.

With the growth the scums came, the bribes went to the rooftop and even more westerners have left. 

The stories (in a Boom Boom Bomber to Thailand) about Pattaya are living on for all who couldn't afford to come in these early days, now these countries developed a middle class and many want to see live what they have heard so many years.

Example:  

Chinese are booking 5 years before they go for their actual holidays, and they have to book what they get offered. So they know already 5 years what time they will be in Nong Nooch, Underwater World or Massage Parlor. 

In most of these countries is prostitution forbidden so the ones that come here for this specific reason pay what the girls ask because they don't know different..

...and the westerners left beside some that are coming here for many years or those that lived the dream and made it finally to see what all were talking about at home.. 

I was lucky,i came to Thailand in the good old days ,all night 500 baht short time 200,even 100 sometimes anything went ,mind you after the first few years it got boreing ,then went to BKK met the wife through business and now 20 odd years after getting married i couldnt tell you how much or even where the good bars are ,never go out at night ,and Pattaya is great for a married familly man,the things i wanted then i no longer crave and the things i didnt want then are here for me now ,so got the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

"Why Pattaya changed"    Easy answers......

Internet taking off at the turn of the century and the smartphone introduced to Thailand in 2011 finished it off

Simple as that.

Nothing to do with that at all.  British Pound sank and so did Pattaya.  Simple really.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:06 AM, Henryford said:

Pattaya is finished for the sexpat. When it costs $1-200 for a girl in a third world country no one is going to be bothered to fly 10,000 kms.

Good grief....do people pay that much now ?

Heavens ......... you could get a silicon love doll on the money you save by just saying no.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2018 at 9:14 AM, Franko666 said:

Are flights cheap to Essex?

Forget it. The average Essex girl can pack away more chips than you can afford without taking out a second mortgage or selling a kidney.