Kansas militia men blame Trump rhetoric for mosque attack plan

webfact

It’s a part of an excuse in seeking a lessor sentence.... mitigating circumstance.

The more of these they cite, the greater the chance of a more lenient sentence..... and the worse it will look for the Don.

if this flies, then expect lawyers for sayoc and bowers to use the same tactic... which will be fun to watch.

i believe that part of the responsibility of the president is to lead the nation, for the good of the nation. Imo, he’s failing in this regard, by invoking fear and stoking hate, every time he addresses his flock

A3EEC295-BA6A-458F-BB4F-AE59BCFFD198.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's a brilliant defense, the media has already determined that Trump is the devil incarnate and even caused Eve to bite the apple. We should should all be able to absolve ourselves from every mistake and bad plan we ever made. What can a simple person do against the influence of Trumps words? We are mere mortals.
At least the devil has scruples.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can joke about it all you want but it doesn't change the fact that while pandering to his base Trump uses language that fires up and emboldens the loonies.
Absolutely. Whatever it takes to win even if he totally destroys the country. The enemy of the people? He projects.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Several things about these men have me thinking that they were perhaps influenced by Trump.  First, they look like dumb-ass shit-kickers. Second they live in Kansas.  And finally, shit-kickers are generally highly patriotic and these dumb-asses tend to believe in and follow the President's rhetoric, which was perhaps seen by them as a patriotic gesture.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

More like if you meet a racist he probably supports trump. That is his base.

Yep, doubt that this guy has ever worn one of the inane MAGA hats. Sometimes it's good to be reminded that there are lots of good guys out there.

If Trump was even a thousandth of one percent the man this guy is.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mans-touching-act-kindness-mother-goes-viral-095546606.html

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If the guy who "told me to do it" is the leader of the county and he tells the people that is what good patriots do than the argument sounds not too farfetched.

Although Trump wasnt the leader of the Country at the time (Obama was) and Tump didnt tell them to carry out the planned attack

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although they are just trying to get a lenient sentence and their statement should be viewed in that context .

Its not an honest genuine statement , they are stating that in order to gain  their freedom and not to get sent to jail for life

How do you know it is not an honest genuine statement? All sounds very plausible. Unless you're saying Trump didn't say that?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's believable but should not reduce their personal responsibility.

https://www.prri.org/research/partisan-polarization-dominates-trump-era-findings-from-the-2018-american-values-survey/

"Encouraging White Supremacists

A majority (54%) of Americans say that President Trump’s decisions and behavior as president have encouraged white supremacist groups, compared to just five percent who believe the president has discouraged white supremacist groups. "

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am quite certain that Trump didnt suggest that people bomb Mosques .

Which is not what they are claiming. Any comments on that, after all that is what this thread is about.

• Thanks 1

"I am quite certain that Trump didnt suggest that people bomb Mosques ."

Yet.

It doesn't seem like a stretch that if Stephen Miller drafted such an Executive Order and put it in front of Trump, he would sign it.

In other parts of the world he's certainly not condemning it, now is he?

Mosques flattened in fresh Saudi airstrikes in Yemen

Saudi Arabian warplanes have flattened a mosque in Yemen's west-central Ma’rib Province, and stricken another in the northwestern Sa’da Province.

The first attack targeted the mosque in Ma’rib’s Sirwah district, Yemeni news website Sahafah24 reported on Sunday.

A day earlier, the aircraft targeted a mosque and other religious centers in Sa’ada’s Razih District.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/02/25/553534/Yemen-Saudi-Arabia-mosques-Marib-Saada

Edited by mtls2005