SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Thai Immigration targeting Blacks - OK or not?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I think for the survey to be real you needed to add third criteria.  I agree that anyone or group that is breaking the law is targetted.

The one thing we have seen from Big Joke is that he could really care who you are if you are breaking immigration law he wants you 

Bringing race into the equation dilutes the main topic.  You leave the impression that this is a racial thing when if you look at the areas and the people arrested it is not racial but criminal

Please do not become liberal American in your surveys playing the race card for sympathy

These posts meant to make caucasians feel better about themselves. It seems strange people find comfort in the denigration of others. But, I digress. Income letters were withdrawn and affect way more Caucasians and nobody talked about targeting. It's given another name. Good thing is Thai immigration will not bother anyone, whatever color, as long they are legal. 

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It may be viewed as racist back in the Western world , that is because there are Black people from those Countries , Afro-Americans .

Thailand doesnt have any Afro-Thais , they are all from abroad .

30 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Thailand does have some Afro-Thais.

There are thousands of luk-kreung negros who were fathered by black GIs in the 1960s and 70s.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes , but they are half Thai , I was talking about immigrants from Africa and their descendants .

Just call a spade a spade and stop the nonsense.

How many Afro-Americans are 100% African?

• Thanks 1

I would be cautious coming to Thailand if I was black......I certainly wouldn't appreciate the attention and possible profiling...although I guess in reality, everyone is profiled to a degree, when entering a country.

When an OP states that Thai Imm. is targeting blacks for deportation.....that to me is racism.

Edited by ChrisY1

3 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

My point was that Thailand hasnt previously had African immigrants from Africa moving to live in Thailand , thus , there are no African Thais , 

4 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

For that matter, how many whites are not 100% Caucasian...

By 2040, USA whites will no longer be the majority. They should hope people of colour have short memories.

4 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

For that matter, how many whites are not 100% Caucasian...

By 2040, USA whites will no longer be the majority. They should hope people of colour have short memories.

Not to worry...

Short memories and low IQs usually go together.

• Haha 2

As I type this, 90 people have voted, 60 claim it (Thai Imm) is not racist, while 30 claim they are.

At first glance, it appears most do not see this as racism, but as this is an anonymous web forum, at least half would not admit their feeling in public. Secret racists who on the outside would never appear so.

That makes the numbers a bit more interesting, and reflects what is happening in the world today IMO...

Amongst white people:

33% are outspoken and not ashamed to be racist, collectively the bottom range of IQ in humankind

33% are anti-racism. People with 'normal' intelligence. Capable of empathy, compassion.

33% have racist thoughts, but would never voice this as inside, they know it is wrong. They are not really racist, just prejudiced. Most likely meeting and interacting with people of colour would make them feel differently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That makes the numbers a bit more interesting, and reflects what is happening in the world today IMO...

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe you are one of these people that do not realise that other people have a different opinion to you .

You think that its racist and other people do not think that its racist .

You are just calling people "racists" because they disagree with you 

Let me help you there, IMO stands for In My Opinion.

I never spoke for you, or anyone else. I call people racist if they judge people based on their skin colour. I doubt I am alone in that.

1 minute ago, ParadiseLost said:

Let me help you there, IMO stands for In My Opinion.

I never spoke for you, or anyone else. I call people racist if they judge people based on their skin colour. I doubt I am alone in that.

Yes, I do know that its your opinion and your opinion is what I am disagreeing with .

The Black people who are getting investigated are not being judged on their skin colour , if the people questioned are found to be here legally and they are not breaking any laws , they are free to go .

If the authorities were rounding up Black people and deporting them for no reason, THAT would be racist   

• Like 2

Guess I haven’t been in Thailand enough.. been going every year (twice a yr most of the time) for the last 15 yrs to different areas.. I see some Africans but rarely & def not enough to notice any major concerns over another race... My guard is usually up more around the “Bro’s” who can’t handle their alcohol.

10 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

African males, who happen to be black, who try and start a conversation, usually by standing there saying "hey you", or some similar brilliant opening line, as I walk past

Do the African guys also try to speak with Thais ?

If not, the African guys are targeting you , because you are White

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I do know that its your opinion and your opinion is what I am disagreeing with .

The Black people who are getting investigated are not being judged on their skin colour , if the people questioned are found to be here legally and they are not breaking any laws , they are free to go .

If the authorities were rounding up Black people and deporting them for no reason, THAT would be racist   

I'm sorry, which part of targeting all black people for investigation is not racist? This is just another easy low hanging target for the RTP to blame their own inadequacies on.

Also, when official govt policy is "Black people don't come here" then I think there is more than a hint of racism...

Edited by ParadiseLost

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Black people who are getting investigated

This. Only black people, ie the colour of their skin is the deciding factor.

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

not being judged on their skin colour

????

How much clearer can it be?

If the govt had announced they were targeting Africans, it would have not been overtly racist, just implied.

They are profiling a segment of the foreign population that has a propensity to commit crimes within the Kingdom. 
For example. let's say that the Ukrainian mafia had established call centers in Thailand targeting Thai women in romance scams primarily operating out of a certain geographical area in Krabi.  So then there is more emphasis on profiling whites in that area of Krabi, checking their passports for Ukrainian citizenry as well as determining their country of origin.  Am I going to be offended if I have to prove I'm not from the region of that country and that I have a legitimate visa.  We're already under a microscope so if they can cull the criminals from those of us here legally, then I have no problems with the profiling.  On the flip side, the blacks friends I have know where not to hang out in Thailand and as such they aren't 'rounded up' in sweeps like those that take place on lower Sukumvit.  And anyway, remember after the Erawan bombing we were practically all 'profiled' anyway.  Most people I know got a friendly police visit after the blast.  It's just a fact of life living here in Thailand like it or not.

Edited by connda

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Scott said:

There was a recent thread that indicates that Thai immigration is targeting black people for arrest and deportation.   Do you agree with this policy?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

It's not a policy to target blacks, it's a policy to target illegal blacks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Simple....Bad guys out, good guys in...????

In principle, I would agree, but there will be a lot of difference in opinion in who are the bad guys, and who are the good guys.

Now there's a good topic.

2 minutes ago, Caine said:

Kick em out wish the government in the U.K. had the backbone to do the same, they’re trouble wherever they go.

When you say 'kick em out' you do mean all black people?

You then say you wish the UK would do the same, inferring you want all black people kicked out of the UK.

You also say they are trouble wherever they go, but most in the UK are born and raised UK nationals. Schooled just like you and free to live any life they want, just like you. 

Are all the black people in UK criminals?