Two charged for fleecing Chinese tourists over dropped litter in Pattaya

rooster59

37 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I am not condoning littering in any way, but Thai's should lead by example and stop littering themselves before being critical of others. Also if they kept places clean, when visitors arrived in a nice pleasant environment, rather than being constantly surrounded by filth and squalor, they might just show a bit more respect?

No, Thais don't need to lead by example. If you are on holiday anywhere, you just don't litter. It's that simple really. If you see other people litter or if there is already some litter it does NOT give you any right to litter. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Serves them right.now go plant rice as you've lost your job.if they had charged them 2,000b they might of got away with it but the old Thai affliction of greed got the better of them.probably done it before and started upping the stakes.

Thai logic.. there are two of them. So if fine is 2000 tb only 1000tb each but if fine is 4000tb, then each got 2000 tb. I won’t put it passed them if there are 3 of them and they give a fine of 6,000 tb! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The pair have been dismissed and face fines of up to 20,000 baht and/or one year in jail.

11 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Work for City Hall ?

Will they now work for City Hall ?

Above lifted from original article.

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The same as when you park your car on the side of the road, you get complimented. I had one last week. Someone left me a note, it said "Parking Fine", so that was nice.

The oldies are the best. 

It probably wasn't a police note but penned by a disgruntled shop manager who is under the mistaken impression that the public road in front of his business belongs to him.  Look at the hotel next to Pattaya Immigration which has commandeered half a dozen spots AND employed an enforcer to dissuade visitors to soi 5.

Wellllllll, strict enforcement of this law means that all streetfood kitchens will have to disappear. 

Good on me because I got hit twice already by passing motorbikes as the pavement was occupied by all those hygienic, law-abiding streetfood operators paying their tributes to the higher-ups. 

3 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Every Thai is greedy???? Why are you saying that.i know a couple who are quite the opposite.please don't tar them with the same brush.

Greed is common world wide. All the same sh*t I keep reading about greedy Thais is no different than in my home country.

Having lived in China for 6 years, I say that this is the Chinese way. The majority simply drop their litter where they stand. I once watched in horror as a Chinese family, hiking in the mountains in Shandong province, fired their empty plastic water bottles into a pristine mountain stream. This in spite of a garbage can not 10 feet away from them. These tourists should have been fined 40,000 baht and made to clean up their mess.