Using A Linksys Router With Tot

kevdulounge

To look at your linksys router settings:

Start > Run > CMD (gets a black screen)

Type IPCONFIG and press enter

Note the Default Gateway IP address

Go to your browser and type that IP address into the address line (usually something like 192.168.1.1)

At this point I'd phone TOT (1100) and get them to talk you through their settings (I use True so can't help).

Apologies if you know all of the above.

Acctually, yeah, I've been through that process allready, it's the next step I need help with :o

Thanks for replying anyway :D

To look at your linksys router settings:

Start > Run > CMD (gets a black screen)

Type IPCONFIG and press enter

Note the Default Gateway IP address

Go to your browser and type that IP address into the address line (usually something like 192.168.1.1)

At this point I'd phone TOT (1100) and get them to talk you through their settings (I use True so can't help).

Apologies if you know all of the above.

hey,

I have a ToT goldcyber ADSL connexion since this morning. They gave me a thomson speedtouch modem which works fine... however, Id like to user it via a linksys wireless router, and I'am having troubles configuring it... anyone can help ?

Many thanks :o

Does the Linksys unit have an integrated ADSL modem? Maybe you could give the model numbers on both units and describe what you're trying to do? I'm guessing the Thomsom Speed modem is a simple ADSL modem, maybe with a single USB or Ethernet connection? And you're using that ethernet to link to the Linksys WAP?

TOT adsl uses these parameters for:

pvc: 1/32

encapsulation: aal5snap

userid: <phonenumber>@goldcyber

password: <phonenumber>

I looked at an adsl router on the Linksys website and assume most of these will work the same in setting them up. Go to the adsl settings page and select the following:

encapsulation -> choose RFC 2364 PPPoA

Multiplexing -> choose VC

Virtual Circuit -> enter 1 for the VPI and 32 for the VCI

Choose automatic IP address

Fill in the userid and password as noted above, with your phone number, e.g. 077456123@goldcyber

If you can't get it to work, RTFM or post the screen here where you have to fill in these settings. TOT only has to give you the 4 parameters listed above so in case these don't work, dial 1100 on your landline and ask again for these parameters.

hey,

I have a ToT goldcyber ADSL connexion since this morning. They gave me a thomson speedtouch modem which works fine... however, Id like to user it via a linksys wireless router, and I'am having troubles configuring it... anyone can help ?

Many thanks :o

Which Linksys router do you have?

There are two options:

- you let the Thomson work as modem/router

- you let the Thomson work as BRIDGE only (assuming that this can be set in your modem/router)

I have a TOT DB120 in bridge-mode and a Linksys WRT54GL with 3rd party firmware (HyperWrt). Works more than perfect.

Need more info to help you out!

Petch01

Edited by Petch01