Any Rope Techs In Cm ?

monkeyclub

Hi all :D

New here and enjoying it so far, I find CM a lot more chilled out than most other ares of Thailand.

Since the TV website seems to be a wide reaching network of expat's, long stayers, and general information, I'll try asking here. If you don't try you don't know right?

Are there any other rope techs in town? IRATA or similar...

I'm looking for option's in and around south east asia...

Hi all :D

New here and enjoying it so far, I find CM a lot more chilled out than most other ares of Thailand.

Since the TV website seems to be a wide reaching network of expat's, long stayers, and general information, I'll try asking here. If you don't try you don't know right?

Are there any other rope techs in town? IRATA or similar...

I'm looking for option's in and around south east asia...

those who know what you're talking about will know.

for the rest of us, i am going to presume you are talking about rock climbing? as opposed to say, making ropes, or tying knots in rope (that's what got me in here)

No idea if there are any Rope Techs here. I can only suggest you try enquiring at the climbing wall in the Night Bizarre.

If nothing else, you could get in some practice and have some fun there.

Edit - Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rope Techs are those guys you see rigging ropes in the strangest of places - construction projects etc. bridging etc. and doing dangerous rescue work from high places.

No idea if there are any Rope Techs here. I can only suggest you try enquiring at the climbing wall in the Night Bizarre.

If nothing else, you could get in some practice and have some fun there.

Edit - Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rope Techs are those guys you see rigging ropes in the strangest of places - construction projects etc. bridging etc. and doing dangerous rescue work from high places.

:D

Many thanks for the replies. Please accept my appologies for any confusion surrounding my brief description.

IRATA = Industrial Rope Access Trade Association

Think abseiling but on the commercial side of things rather than recreational (although it is enjoyable)

Safe working at heights, rigging, derrick building (oil & gas) construction, general tasks as required, very wide reaching work.

I'd be pleased to speak with anyone in this line. I have my CV out with a few agencies in asia, but all available options are welcome :o