Borrow 800'000B for yearly Extension ?

34 minutes ago, david555 said:

So they just use the approval "at the discretion" from the supervising IO. for humanitarian reason (power) ????

They do it because they know the agents. Agents have worked hard to establish that relationship. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

I have never used an agent, but from what I have read on how they work at Pattaya, they do not use any fake document. They get a real bank letter stating that you have 800'000 B on a bank account at the date of the letter.

They dont need a bank letter, real or fake, the high level immigration officers, that the agents deal with, can say yes without a bank letter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It doesnt always work that way, there are lots of guys who put their last 800k into the bank then live off a 30k a month pension. A lot of the time its actually the guys with 800k in the bank that cant afford to live here. Most government pensions fall short of the 65k a month requirements so guys scrape together the 800k so they "can" live here on their pension that doesn't qualify.

30k a month? Wise up, it wouldnt last 3 days.

• Sad 1

On 11/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Jingthing said:

Yes, but also dodgy bodgy. 

Just curious, why is “it” dodgy, but borrow from a friend or a loan not. I don’t see getting the money from a friend or an agent any different.. oh and a “friend told me his was only 12 k...

On 11/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Jingthing said:

Yes, but also dodgy bodgy. 

1 minute ago, britishrepublican said:

30k a month? Wise up, it wouldnt last 3 days.

The Australian Old age pension is 40k a month. So there are lots of Australians here putting 800k in the bank so they can live off their 40k a month pension. They have no choice as they wouldn't qualify showing there income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Might I suggest that the risk of using an agent for visa extension is about on par with using company formation for the purchase of a property in Thailand?

Does not a company provide other benefits like a WP? Otherwise, why somebody will simply form a company to purchase a property?

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The Australian Old age pension is 40k a month. So there are lots of Australians here putting 800k in the bank so they can live off their 40k a month pension. They have no choice as they wouldn't qualify showing there income.

The could also use the combination option by using the 480k baht annual income with 320k baht in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Otherwise, why somebody will simply form a company to purchase a property?

To purchase a house which is strictly against the rules. Someone who is comfortable with this might also be comfortable using the agency route for visa extension. No doubt others will see it as a potential double whammy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

And what did you do to be penalized that way ? :unsure:

It may be a mistake. Instead of 3 months, he posted 6-months. But question is why he wants everybody to do the same as he does? That is his choice to to put 800K for three months. Why does it bother him that somebody is using an agent? 

15 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

To purchase a house which is strictly against the rules. Someone who is comfortable with this might also be comfortable using the agency route for visa extension. No doubt others will see it as a potential double whammy.

If somebody is married, he can purchase the house in his wife's name. Or buy the land in wife's name and lease it from her for 30-year and build the house. For single, why bother with buying houses in Thailand?

Edited by onera1961

25 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It doesnt always work that way, there are lots of guys who put their last 800k into the bank then live off a 30k a month pension. A lot of the time its actually the guys with 800k in the bank that cant afford to live here. Most government pensions fall short of the 65k a month requirements so guys scrape together the 800k so they "can" live here on their pension that doesn't qualify.

Correct, with 800k in the bank you can legally stay here on whatever size of pension you have (or even don't have)... Good luck to these guys for their discipline to not "spend beyond their means"... or stupidly give it all away to some 2-bit whore.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Most government pensions fall short of the 65k a month

Agree, average SS benefit is $1294. A few get military pensions also which are very high. If somebody is earning $2200 at age 62, his preceding 10 years income must be more than social security cap - $128,400 in 2018. With that kind of income, one would stash at least $300K in a 401K for tax savings, unless lived in New York or Silicon Valley in the preceding 10 years. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

Correct, with 800k in the bank you can legally stay here on whatever size of pension you have (or even don't have)... Good luck to these guys for their discipline to not "spend beyond their means"... or stupidly give it all away to some 2-bit whore.

yes, the point appears to be lost on many. The 800k doesnt show you can afford to live here, it enables low incomes to stay

• Like 2

So, if I reading many of above posts correctly...some folk reach say 65 (age for "old age pension in au" actually think they want to make it older) and find themselves relying completely on the state to take care of them. I realize there are hard luck stories, but geesuz surely most people have acquired some wealth while on planet earth or was it all sex drugs and rocknroll. Personally have zero sympathy. As I stated earlier, Thai should scrap income letter also monthly funds method. Should make it certain amount in bank (perhaps for entire year) bit like a guarantee. To cover any unforseen circumstances. Also make health cover compulsory. You can't afford to "put aside" 800k for only 3 months/yr , then your more trouble than its worth. imho

• Sad 1

How about 2 3 or 4 friends pooling funds and transferring funds to each others bank accounts 90 days before visa due dates. I know the visa due dates will need to be 3 months apart but you can apply up to 30 days early that gives some leeway. I can't see this breaking any laws or does it? Then only 200,000 is tied up.

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

quite a few folks receive pension here but dont call 800k their own, hence why not take out a loan in their home countries, where interest rates are low ???

Even of you receive a monthly pension, if you have moved away from your home country and do not have any connections there anymore, the banks will not give you a loan. Unless you own property or something else. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1