Where are you from ?

Thaiwrath

30 minutes ago, JAG said:

How did the poster at Victoria Railway Station go?

"Folkestone for the Continent,

Bognor for the incontinent!"

I'm from Somerset by the way - "Oi carnt read and Oi carnt roit, but Oi can droive a traactor!"

Incidentally (too late for an edit), the last words of King George the fifth, uttered as he lay on his deathbed, are reported to have been "Bugger Bognor"!

• Haha 2

I'm not a Brit but I studied in London back in the 80's. 

I find people from the midlands area (Birmingham) to be charming, fun people to be around. Not sure if that is the case today. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tweedle dee said:

The place is covered in mosque's and taken over population wise by Muslims..no joke

Sorry to hear that , not the England I remember from the 80's .

When I lived there I did some extensive travelling and most people I met were fun to chat with and curious about my nationality. 

I have good memories not only from the Midlands, but Brighton, Southampton, Cornwall , Liverpool, Manchester and even some weird accents up in the north , I can't remember , some small towns I visited , nobody understood me , and I couldn't understand a word. :biggrin:

Muslims? I can't remember I spotted one. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, balo said:

Sorry to hear that , not the England I remember from the 80's .

When I lived there I did some extensive travelling and most people I met were fun to chat with and curious about my nationality. 

I have good memories not only from the Midlands, but Brighton, Southampton, Cornwall , Liverpool, Manchester and even some weird accents up in the north , I can't remember , some small towns I visited , nobody understood me , and I couldn't understand a word. :biggrin:

Muslims? I can't remember I spotted one. 

My friend its almost at street battle level...you tube Tommy robinson for the shock effects, regards TD.

Edited by Tweedle dee
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

I'm not a Brit but I studied in London back in the 80's. 

I find people from the midlands area (Birmingham) to be charming, fun people to be around. Not sure if that is the case today. 

I believe that you are from Norway?

A remarkable and creditable achievement, for a Norwegian to even understand them!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, booty call said:

Much like yourself then, StreetCowboy.  Diminishing returns for you on TV as I'm sure you'll agree.  

Your confidence is severely mis-placed.

To be honest, anticipating agreement from anyone on the internet strikes me as foolishness in the extreme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, akirasan said:

I come from an awesome little town in Western Australia. I miss it regularly but my wife won't leave Thailand and is scared of flying. 

People there can be a bit weird but that's part of the charm. There are a lot of artists and musicians living in the region.

Albany-ALB01f.jpg

Looks like Albany.

Another Sandgroper