After Bitcoin cash fork, will ripple be the rising star?

davidst01

Whats your take on bitcoin cash after the fork? Bad for the reputation of the alt in general. Can we assume that the SV fork is basically defeated. I read online that:

'Billionaire Calvin Ayre backed nChain and Craig Wright in this attack in Bitcoin Cash and failed. Now he is bargaining, trying to call for a "truce" even though he is utterly defeated, and the community isn't having any of it'

Personally, Ive always been a bitcoin cash supporter and see it as a cheap / useable digital currency of the future. I speculate that BCH will replace bitcoin at some point. BTC is heavily invested in lightening network which is perpetually incomplete and (still) under development. Most notably its a pain the ass to use. IMHO BTC seems to be attached to a long term failure and they cannot reverse their development anytime soon. 

In this market crash ripple has held up really well. I do wonder if it will take the n.o 1 spot. I think its price only has to reach between $2.50 to $3 to achieve this. 

It will not be long until we see a rise in prices again but maybe we have to wait a few yrs? 

What are your thoughts on all this?

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

The same guy who made xrp went on to make xlm

I think it's a better buy at the moment

And the same guy who was "pushed" out of Ripple as CTO who was also involved with that Mt Gox mess.

Jeb McCaleb was pushed out of Ripple as he was advocating some very bad ideas which the board of Ripple disagreed with, and is reputed to be a pumper and dumper, Xlm is a clone of XRP without the goverance and 

Jeb McCaleb and is the biggest single share holder of stellar

3 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

And the same guy who was "pushed" out of Ripple as CTO who was also involved with that Mt Gox mess.

Jeb McCaleb was pushed out of Ripple as he was advocating some very bad ideas which the board of Ripple disagreed with, and is reputed to be a pumper and dumper, Xlm is a clone of XRP without the goverance and 

Jeb McCaleb and is the biggest single share holder of stellar

That doesn't mean buying xlm will not be profitable 

Jeb  sold mt gox to karpeles 2 years before it went down in flames so i don't know why you think has any relevance on xrp or xlm

7 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

That doesn't mean buying xlm will not be profitable 

Jeb  sold mt gox to karpeles 2 years before it went down in flames so i don't know why you think has any relevance on xrp or xlm

Oh i am sure XLM will be profitable to some, most likely the one who will make the most profit will be Jeb McCaleb who owns the most XLM 

Edited by Scottjouro

2 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Oh i am sure XLM will be profitable to some, most likely the one who will make the most profit will be Jeb McCaleb who owns the most XLM 

That's the equivalent of saying oh, I'm sure Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg will more profit on Microsoft and Facebook than i will.... 

It doesn't make it a bad investment just because the founder/ceo makes more than you do.... 

12 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

That's the equivalent of saying oh, I'm sure Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg will more profit on Microsoft and Facebook than i will.... 

It doesn't make it a bad investment just because the founder/ceo makes more than you do.... 

I have said nothing about it being a good or bad investment have I ?

whether some believes something is a good or bad investment is based on their personal research and personal decision..

But to respond to your remarks...Benie Madoff also made heaps more money than me until he was caught LOL 

My reasearch on XLM/Jeb McCaleb and the basis on which i decided not to buy

1. XLM is a clone of XRP

2. Jeb McCaleb is reputed to be pumper and dumper

3. Jeb McCaleb owns the vast majority of XLM out there

4. Jeb McCaleb made threats to Ripple to dump his XRP holdings to purposely crash the price

5. Ripple required a legal injunction to stop him doing this and limit what he can put up for sale on a monthly basis,

ergo he doesnt give a F about the people who have invested in XRP and one suspects he wouldnt give a F about XLM investors either its all personal and ego 

• Like 1

No both 'coins' simply highlight the fact that there is no use for them.

Ripple might have some decent software but that's got nothing to do with XRP coins.

They all have scammers behind them making money of individual investors, avoid unless you are an experienced trader

On 11/26/2018 at 12:45 PM, Scottjouro said:

I have said nothing about it being a good or bad investment have I ?

whether some believes something is a good or bad investment is based on their personal research and personal decision..

But to respond to your remarks...Benie Madoff also made heaps more money than me until he was caught LOL 

My reasearch on XLM/Jeb McCaleb and the basis on which i decided not to buy

1. XLM is a clone of XRP

2. Jeb McCaleb is reputed to be pumper and dumper

3. Jeb McCaleb owns the vast majority of XLM out there

4. Jeb McCaleb made threats to Ripple to dump his XRP holdings to purposely crash the price

5. Ripple required a legal injunction to stop him doing this and limit what he can put up for sale on a monthly basis,

ergo he doesnt give a F about the people who have invested in XRP and one suspects he wouldnt give a F about XLM investors either its all personal and ego 

Whatever you do, Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant... ???? 

Jeb has given away more to charity's than anyone else ever did on the xrp team

How much has Chris larsson ever given away from his billions? Nothing!

Why would he give 14 days notice on the forums that he was going to dump his shares if he did not care about users? (it upset the team when he gave his new gf a top job) 

As the founder i think he has a right to reuse his own code so i don't know what relevance that has to do with anything

Xlm is a newer better Version of xrp, both created by the same man and both in the top #5, i like the xlm roadmap better but i still own hold both for many years now

You should probably diversify yourself, you seem to be an xrp fanatic  

57 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Whatever you do, Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant... ???? 

Jeb has given away more to charity's than anyone else ever did on the xrp team

How much has Chris larsson ever given away from his billions? Nothing!

Why would he give 14 days notice on the forums that he was going to dump his shares if he did not care about users? (it upset the team when he gave his new gf a top job) 

As the founder i think he has a right to reuse his own code so i don't know what relevance that has to do with anything

Xlm is a newer better Version of xrp, both created by the same man and both in the top #5, i like the xlm roadmap better but i still own hold both for many years now

You should probably diversify yourself, you seem to be an xrp fanatic  

Yes lets get our facts right shall ?..

Chris Larsen

Chris’s pledge of 7 billion XRP, which will be donated over time.

https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?t=9900&p=63242

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-price-rebound-ceo-7-billion-xrp-donation

Jed McCaleb - only charitable reference i can find...in the mans own words 

I can finally donate 2B of my XRP to charitable causes, something I was unable to do under the prior agreement. This allows me to continue to fund more charities like Give Directly and MIRI which has been something I was actively doing prior to the previous agreement.  

http://jedmccaleb.com/blog/my-settlement-victory-with-ripple/

6 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Yes lets get our facts right shall ?..

Chris Larsen

Chris’s pledge of 7 billion XRP, which will be donated over time.

https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?t=9900&p=63242

https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-price-rebound-ceo-7-billion-xrp-donation

Jed McCaleb - only charitable reference i can find...in the mans own words 

I can finally donate 2B of my XRP to charitable causes, something I was unable to do under the prior agreement. This allows me to continue to fund more charities like Give Directly and MIRI which has been something I was actively doing prior to the previous agreement.  

http://jedmccaleb.com/blog/my-settlement-victory-with-ripple/

Jed is  responsible for the xrp airdrops which contributed to its adoption and the same goes for xlm  airdrops and the schemes in Africa where he is literally giving away his own money to help the impoverished 

He's Not  all greedy as you seem to think....