Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

38 minutes ago, bomber said:

rubbish unchanged for 5 years,dollar took a hit after brexit as did the dong and peso,stop telling porkies.baht dropped 51-52 to 45 if not even lower

unchanged for 5 years - rubbish - you talking about yer daks?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bomber said:

69 the day of brexit dropping to 64 after the vote,you tell porkies,and now seems you are ready to throw your toys out of your pram,never mind a crash out will see it below 64 ????   at what point did thailand become too expensive for you? 60,55,50,45 or 40 ????   i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound,happy days indeed ????  evidence is below Mr Britman

Historical exchange rates from 1953 with graph and charts.html 104.79 kB · 0 downloads

GBP to Peso 3rd May 2014 75.089  18th April 2018 74.669 21st March 2019 69.87 

The 18th April figures indicates there has been little impact on GBP to Peso as a result of Brexit

So you are looking forward when the EU crashes and you will be getting €2.00 for each of your British pound

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

GBP to Peso 3rd May 2014 75.089  18th April 2018 74.669 21st March 2019 69.87 

The 18th April figures indicates there has been little impact on GBP to Peso as a result of Brexit

So you are looking forward when the EU crashes and you will be getting €2.00 for each of your British pound

So dropping from 69 to 64 minutes after the vote was coincidece...3 years later and these people still deny the facts..iam not expecting the EU to crash,if it does it wont effect me you or any UK folks very much,leaving a club and wishing it bad luck is a little sad imo but thats brexiteers for you,the EU nationals wont have to wait long to see the brits feeling the strain of going it alone,you might even get bought a few beers off???? some out of sympathy when your sitting on 7/11 steps drinking from a brown paper bag 

Edited by bomber

15 minutes ago, bomber said:

So dropping from 69 to 64 minutes after the vote was coincidece...3 years later and these people still deny the facts..

I am looking at the period for the past 5 years clearly on the 18th April 2018 when the GBP to peso was 74.669 indicates 

there has been little impact on GBP to Peso as a result of Brexit over a 5 year period

And it was you in your post #5252 that stated "i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound"

So it does seem your happy for the Euro to crash to enable you to get your €2.00 for your pound

Edited by vinny41

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Could be sorted. But, we need to keep the riff-raff out, Only genuine Brexiteers would be welcome. I was thinking cheese on toast as a snack, with some of my wine to wash it down and then get the girls dancing.

I would be willing to do a 15 minute stand up on the "Joy of Brexit". And once the beer starts flowing well who knows what might happen.

I'm near Nong Khai so it's a fair old trip. It would be well worth it; just to be with civilized and dedicated Brexiteers.

On the day; to get any freebies, we would need a password. I'm suggesting 'freedom'.

enjoy the party,and your expensive beers and wines ???? 

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am looking at the period for the past 5 years clearly on the 18th April 2018 when the GBP to peso was 74.669 indicates 

there has been little impact on GBP to Peso as a result of Brexit over a 5 year period

still denying it i see,you will be the same if its a crash out next week,iam hoping the baht drops to 35bt ????

rose tinted.jpg

Corbyn has refused to rule out A50 revocation , SNP  are a given enough tories will put country over party and we are over the line, by the skin of our teeth and at the last moment. A lot of tories may abstain in the hope of saving their seats. 

It occurs to me that what may is planning is that once her deal is defeated she will push for "no deal" in the knowledge that parliament will block it and revoke (or whatever). 
Then she can resign - being to able say with her hand on her heart - that she tried her best to give us Brexit - but the backstabbers, faint hearts and quislings of parliament sabotaged her dutiful and courageous efforts. 

Oh and then the pound will soar and the Thai contingent of Brexiteers can donate their extra baht to some type of Farage rump party that will need their money to lose their deposits at the next election. 

To show solidarity to the cause have changed my profile pic to the wonderful EU flag !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

17 minutes ago, bomber said:

still denying it i see,you will be the same if its a crash out next week,iam hoping the baht drops to 35bt ????

rose tinted.jpg

Does your partner share you views regarding the Euro crashing out ""i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound"

32 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Does your partner share you views regarding the Euro crashing out ""i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound"

wont effect her

58 minutes ago, billd766 said:

3 hours ago, bomber said:

anyone covered in bulldog and union jack tattoo's and a baldy heed is highly likely to of voted remain,so that's the vast majority of brits in pattaya.

Sorry to disappoint you bomber, but though I am nearly bald I have no tattoo's and I voted to leave. Nor do I live in Pattaya but in rural Khampaeng Phet.

good for you,even sadder that you live so far away yet still managed to get brainwashed,have you lost £10k so far or is it nearer £20k and counting,roll on 35bt ????

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

if GBP goes to 35bht you might be waiting years to get your €2.00 for GBP

EU is doomed according to you and many on here,this is the only reason i suggested €2.00,i know better than to think that,€0.40 and i might have to economise a tad,but that would give you 13bt,party time ???? at the coconut bar and billard and the owls wooden sheds,they might even have to sent their wifes back to work ???? never mind there will still be plenty of europeans around with wads of cash ,no need to rush back to the sovereign UK ???? 

Edited by bomber

Given the latest EU 2-month offer to extend Withdrawal May 22 (due to the UK not intending running the EU elections) plus subject to passing the agreement prior to the current deadline, the choice is shaping up to be no-deal vs pulling A50. 

4 hours ago, bomber said:

69 the day of brexit dropping to 64 after the vote,you tell porkies,and now seems you are ready to throw your toys out of your pram,never mind a crash out will see it below 64 ????   at what point did thailand become too expensive for you? 60,55,50,45 or 40 ????   i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound,happy days indeed ????  evidence is below Mr Britman

Historical exchange rates from 1953 with graph and charts.html 104.79 kB · 1 download

16 minutes ago, bomber said:

EU is doomed according to you and many on here,this is the only reason i suggested €2.00,i know better than to think that,€0.40 and i might have to economise a tad,but that would give you 13bt,party time ???? at the coconut bar and billard and the owls wooden sheds,they might even have to sent their wifes back to work ???? never mind there will still be plenty of europeans around with wads of cash ,no need to rush back to the sovereign UK ???? 

It was yourself that 1st raised the subject about the EU crashing and if the pound is crashing down , you will get 1 euro for two of your mighty pounds however it is yourself that is suggesting that GBP will be strong and the strongest to date was on October 27th 2000

The strongest the pound has ever been against the euro is 1.7331.

14 hours ago, luckyluke said:

We use proportional representation in Belgium, which mean a coalition government. 

If the people voted 49.99% for one party, but all the other parties decide to form a coalition, the party with 49,99% will be in the opposition. 

Democracy : 50,01 is higher than 49,99.

At present the UK doesn't but the way this shower have been behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a complete political shake up off the HoC and HoL, in the coming years. IMHO it is way overdue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Given the latest EU 2-month offer to extend Withdrawal May 22 (due to the UK not intending running the EU elections) plus subject to passing the agreement prior to the current deadline, the choice is shaping up to be no-deal vs pulling A50. 

I stull think that the both won't happen. I would be happy with a no deal as I have said many times, as it is as close to what i consider Brexit to be.. Pulling article 50 would cause the biggest political upheaval in the UK''s political history since Cromwell. No something will come out in these theatrics that has been happening recently IMO.

• Like 1

Anyway like the clapometer on OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS - the petition is just a bit of fun. So next week we have either May's Bill passes (unlikely ) then the 400 or so Remain MPs are left with a stark choice Revoke A50 which the EU has assured us can be done or go out with No Deal. So in that event and Corbyn has been speaking with Barnier and hasn't ruled it out - what do you think the most likely outcome is ? How can it be done ...oh and Herr Bercow will ensure all the parliamentary mechanism are fast-tracked to get it through. Oh and honest, keep his pledges Nigel (no remoaner liar he) will leave the country and you my friends will get to take your country Baht back and have sovereignty over your finances.  What's not too like?

http://theconversation.com/article-50-can-be-revoked-heres-what-it-means-for-brexit-108522

All this talk of civil war and worse is bunk - they'll be moaning from the usual suspects and the ageing keyboard warriors here but most Brits will just be glad to be rid of this nightmare and get on with their jobs and life. Currently, the best odds are for this outcome at 5/2. P.S Hughie would have been a hard-right Brexiteer nasty piece of work that he was.

https://order-order.com/2019/03/21/foreign-actors-hijack-article-50-petition-fake-signatures/ 

Edited by beautifulthailand99