Pro-Junta Party Confirms It Will Nominate Prayuth For PM

webfact

Pro-Junta Party Confirms It Will Nominate Prayuth For PM

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

356131-696x441.jpg

PM Prayuth Chan-ocha talks with government officials at an exhibition Sunday.

BANGKOK — A party led by four junta ministers said Monday it would formally nominate Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha as the next prime minister.

Though the party was long seen as a political vehicle for the junta leader, Palang Pracharat deputy chairman Suvit Maesincee confirmed today it would vote for Prayuth after the February 2019 election concludes.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/12/03/pro-junta-party-confirms-it-will-nominate-prayuth-for-pm/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-03
  • Haha 2

So our brave army general who had polls that showed that he is the most popular and the best choice for prime minister has no courage to face the voters and decide to thieve for the premiership as an outside non elected prime minister. Always leading from the back.  

Yes, and the EC has 60 days to do it, what utter disgrace. And they will rig, otherwise it will be a mission impossible.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

On the contrary, if you haven't seen the "mulled" constitution, this is just an echo of the inevitable continuation of the current rule that's manifested by the magical article 44. Even if the party loses it'll win by lifting up a non-electorate person to power, and you can put your bets on who it'll be "to keep the 20 year plan" in motion

On the contrary, if you haven't seen the "mulled" constitution, this is just an echo of the inevitable continuation of the current rule that's manifested by the magical article 44. Even if the party loses it'll win by lifting up a non-electorate person to power, and you can put your bets on who it'll be "to keep the 20 year plan" in motion

No, as it will still require a majority in both houses at the very least. Now they already got 250 votes, but have to gain at the very least 126 votes in the lower house. With their popularity, that will probably be a bridge too far... Unless of course Abishit is voting for Prayuth. I believe the mistake they are making is that any gains for this party will come at the expense of the democrats, in which case they can forget about getting Prayuth in the PM seat. 

Or let me put it in another way, if PTP gains north of 200 seats in the lower house, I fail to see how they can realistically get Prayuth in the PM seat, it is something that will not stand.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

No, as it will still require a majority in both houses at the very least. Now they already got 250 votes, but have to gain at the very least 126 votes in the lower house. With their popularity, that will probably be a bridge too far... Unless of course Abishit is voting for Prayuth. I believe the mistake they are making is that any gains for this party will come at the expense of the democrats, in which case they can forget about getting Prayuth in the PM seat. 

Keep that optimism, is a credit to you - I'll hold my stance until we see the actual results, and I do hope they are not so dire as I foresee ???? 

Keep that optimism, is a credit to you - I'll hold my stance until we see the actual results, and I do hope they are not so dire as I foresee ???? 

If the results are dire, they have rigged the election, and they will do just that, because they cannot reach their goal if they count the votes honestly, that much is certain. 

why do you think the EC has been given a whopping 60 days to announce the results ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

now all they have to do is rig the count
I find that highly unlikely as there would be too many people involved to pull it off.

You cant keep a secret that big it impossible it would come out for sure.

I for one am real curious of all the vote buying and defection of politicians have any effect.

Anyway this is a piece of non news. Unfortunately Prayut might be the PM.

I believe, please correct me if im wrong a non elected PM could happen only the first time.

If he becomes PM while the PTP won then it would make for a weak government that would fall hopefully calling for a new election without this option.

Unless of course only a PM can end a government and ask for new elections then he would hold on forever. (I don't know the specifics)

Anyway for me the outcome is always negative i dislike PTP and the junta. Only one i might like is future forward but its unlikely they het enough votes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes, and the EC has 60 days to do it, what utter disgrace. And they will rig, otherwise it will be a mission impossible.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Sjaak do you have any idea how hard it is to rig votes and to keep it secret. It will come out for sure.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

If he becomes PM while the PTP won then it would make for a weak government that would fall hopefully calling for a new election without this option.

It's difficult to imagine all the scenarios as Prayut retains NCPO's absolute power under Article 44 until the elected government is "installed" - officially endorsed. If Prayut becomes PM by whatever means he has considerable power to "negotiate" the Parliament House leadership (House President & Vice President) and formation of the Executive branch of government.

The normal rules for the formation of a coalition Executive branch might not apply, ie., PTP might not have a majority of Executive Branch minister positions even if it had won the majority of House seats if Prayut becomes the PM. 

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Didn't he have to step down for a period of time before being allowed to be nominated or run for PM ??

Or has that all been brushed aside ?

Under the election law, he has to become a member of a political party 90 days before the election to be eligible. That passed on 27 November. But really who knows what’s ahead. He can postpone the election to be legible or he can use his absolute 44 power to make the election law redundant. He can do absolutely anything to his desire save one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Sjaak do you have any idea how hard it is to rig votes and to keep it secret. It will come out for sure.

not all that hard of course. Remember the referendum ? No observers allowed, do you trust the counting on that one ? I don't. The referendum was approved in majority down south, despite the fact that the democrats (their political heartland) rejected it with strong words. (retreat from democracy Abishit called it). 

You keep forgetting who we are dealing with. People that break the law by staging coups. People that do everything in their power to get an unfair advantage. Do you honestly believe they will count votes truthfully ?

I have a bridge to sell...

not all that hard of course. Remember the referendum ? No observers allowed, do you trust the counting on that one ? I don't. The referendum was approved in majority down south, despite the fact that the democrats (their political heartland) rejected it with strong words. (retreat from democracy Abishit called it). 

You keep forgetting who we are dealing with. People that break the law by staging coups. People that do everything in their power to get an unfair advantage. Do you honestly believe they will count votes truthfully ?

Yes i believe it and you can sell your bridge to someone else.

Its a known fact that secrets come out if too many people are involved. You should know that.

Just wait and see, you can always complain after the fact.

I for one believe that the junta has an edge with campaigning and the gerrymandering of constituencies, but i don't believe in a full out election fraud.

I might be inclined to believe it if they take a long time much longer as normal to count the votes. I know they have 60 days if they even use half of that i would become suspicious.

Its a known fact that secrets come out if too many people are involved. You should know that.

I for one believe that the junta has an edge with campaigning and the gerrymandering of constituencies, but i don't believe in a full out election fraud.

I might be inclined to believe it if they take a long time much longer as normal to count the votes. I know they have 60 days if they even use half of that i would become suspicious.

It's difficult to imagine all the scenarios as Prayut retains NCPO's absolute power under Article 44 until the elected government is "installed" - officially endorsed. If Prayut becomes PM by whatever means he has considerable power to "negotiate" the Parliament House leadership (House President & Vice President) and formation of the Executive branch of government.
The normal rules for the formation of a coalition Executive branch might not apply, ie., PTP might not have a majority of Executive Branch minister positions even if it had won the majority of House seats if Prayut becomes the PM. 

Is that a possibility that if the PTP has a majority they still could not deliver ministers for the government ?

If so why have an election.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

You will never learn. Despite overwhelming evidence, you still believe they are planning on a fair and free election. I cannot believe that people are this blind and naieve. Making the same mistakes over and over again. 

The people that have redrawn the constituencies (for no apparent reason whatsoever) are the same people that will do the counting. And why oh why have they been given 60 days, that is way way out of proportion. 

A good indication will be if independent observers are allowed. My bet is they will find an excuse to keep those far away. And that is really all you need to know. 

I don't complain after the fact, we can all quite clearly see where this is going. Just the very same people that supported the junta at first are blind to the facts. You never learn. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Is that a possibility that if the PTP has a majority they still could not deliver ministers for the government ?

If so why have an election.

Of course that is possible. This is not a true democracy. Why do you think the senate suddenly is allowed to vote on the PM. ?

Yes PTP could win the elections, and not have a single minister. Prayuth already has 250 senators in his pockets, all he needs is 126 MP's. 

The reason for the upcoming election is simple, an attempt by Prayuth to legitimize his administration. The cheating and creation of all kinds of unfair advantages is just the start. 

Edited by sjaak327