NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

snoop1130

Move on to what I said finally. That is no reason to find fault with her. When you accept it's ordinary and 99% of the time it ends well how could you blame the victim for that 1% chance of a mishap befalling her ? I would think I was foolish if I refused to enjoy Bangkok nights for fear of a 1% chance of a mishap. Then you should not fly, travel, cross the road, eat outside, etc etc. Given that the rare crime happened, and she was the victim, it's completely misplaced, uncivilised, nay brutish, to find fault with her for doing what everyone else does anyway. Surprising that there's so many on this forum. 

So it’s your position that a drunk woman deciding to wander off with a stranger at 2:30 in the morning only results in them having sex 1% of the time?

In any event, if the odds were 1 in 100 that I would get beat up on the way home from the bar, I would quit going.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Which is strange when they insist on being strong and independent with no need for men.

I can assure you that it is your mentality that is the less ususual and thus what could be considered strange, most men feel naturally protective of women, it is only a few particularly wimpy guys who feel so threatened by feminism that they resort to calling out rape victims.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Being raped sucks for sure, but so does being locked up in a Thai prison for years and years because a drunk woman that consented to sex last night changes her mind this morning.

I don't know what happened here.  None of us do.  But I do know there are (at least) 2 sides to every story.  And this wouldn't be the first foreign lady raped by a local, nor the first foreign lady who decided that sex last night wasn't a good idea- regardless of which is the case.

And I'll repeat my oft used statement that I should be able to walk around in public with $100 bills hanging out of my pocket, should be able to leave my car running while I'm inside shopping, and I should be able to leave my front and back doors open for a cross breeze while I'm sleeping.  But that's not the way the world works and I'd be an idiot to think it was.  It doesn't excuse the perpetrator.  But that's not being a victim.  That's being a volunteer. 

Ah, so she volunteered to be raped.  Yeah, makes sense now you say it.

What a sorry bunch of misogynists populate this forum.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Which is strange when they insist on being strong and independent with no need for men.

I don't think that it's strange, i love freedom myself, let all world be free.

Of course, sometimes feminists are hypocrites, but it's the same with other people/groups.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:
8 hours ago, impulse said:

Being raped sucks for sure, but so does being locked up in a Thai prison for years and years because a drunk woman that consented to sex last night changes her mind this morning.

I don't know what happened here.  None of us do.  But I do know there are (at least) 2 sides to every story.  And this wouldn't be the first foreign lady raped by a local, nor the first foreign lady who decided that sex last night wasn't a good idea- regardless of which is the case.

And I'll repeat my oft used statement that I should be able to walk around in public with $100 bills hanging out of my pocket, should be able to leave my car running while I'm inside shopping, and I should be able to leave my front and back doors open for a cross breeze while I'm sleeping.  But that's not the way the world works and I'd be an idiot to think it was.  It doesn't excuse the perpetrator.  But that's not being a victim.  That's being a volunteer. 

The sorry bunch on this forum are those that take a post from another member out of it's context to suit their own agenda.

Now feel free to figure out who I have in mind.

This is what I read in the quoted post.

I don't know what happened here.  None of us do.

21 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The sorry bunch on this forum are those that take a post from another member out of it's context to suit their own agenda.

Now feel free to figure out who I have in mind.

This is what I read in the quoted post.

I don't know what happened here.  None of us do.

Then I continued on reading past there to the part where he shared with us his "oft used statement" that a woman getting drunk is comparable to someone waving $100 notes around and having money falling out of their pockets, or to leaving your car unlocked with the engine running.  He also clearly implied such an action is basically volunteering (to be raped).  

You will notice I quoted the entire post and not just the last sentence so not sure what you think I took out of context.

I'm also curious how often he does go around spewing his statement - every time there is a rape?  "Ooooooh goodie, I can get my oft used statement out again."

Edited by josephbloggs

45 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

The sorry bunch are those (men or women) who get drunk out of their minds, until incapacitated mentally and physically, and become victims of unscrupolous predators.

Alcohol is a heavy drug, and has to be treated with caution.

• Like 1

Then I continued on reading past there to the part where he shared with us his "oft used statement" that a woman getting drunk is comparable to someone waving $100 notes around and having money falling out of their pockets, or to leaving your car unlocked with the engine running.  He also clearly implied such an action is basically volunteering (to be raped).  

You will notice I quoted the entire post and not just the last sentence so not sure what you think I took out of context.

I'm also curious how often he does go around spewing his statement - every time there is a rape?  "Ooooooh goodie, I can get my oft used statement out again."

Getting drunk and going home with a stranger at 2:30 in the morning, not just getting drunk.

Ohh goody, you get to make up nonsense and pretend it’s what was said.

Typical

32 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Getting drunk and going home with a stranger at 2:30 in the morning, not just getting drunk.

Ohh goody, you get to make up nonsense and pretend it’s what was said.

Typical

Now who's making things up?  She did not decide to go home with a stranger.  She was taken to a construction site where he attempted to rape her.

Even the guy himself says he led her away.  She did not decide to go home with the guy.

Shocking.

Feminism insists we don't protect them, you sound like the patriarchy.

They tell me they can protect themselves, 'believe women'.

No, there is no insistance from feminism that we do not protect women, in fact the premise of the movement is to protect women.  And besides, what have the feelings of a political movement got to do with what you or I should do for women?  And what did you think the believe women movement had to do with protecting themselves?  The whole premise of the movement is about being protected by the legal system, nothing at all to do with women protecting themselves.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The whole premise of the movement is about being protected by the legal system, nothing at all to do with women protecting themselves.

Anyway, back on topic,

After watching the video (another thread), nothing 'chilling' to be seen,  I'm guessing the guy will claim consent and be released.

Just another he said/she said case with a video of her willingly walking along holding hands to support the 'he said' part.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, there is no insistance from feminism that we do not protect women, in fact the premise of the movement is to protect women.  And besides, what have the feelings of a political movement got to do with what you or I should do for women?  And what did you think the believe women movement had to do with protecting themselves?  The whole premise of the movement is about being protected by the legal system, nothing at all to do with women protecting themselves.

That's correct, what i see happening in Thailand is young, emancipated, assertive young women from the West, with the sun of truth on their foreheads, who are potentially easy targets of the lust of "uncultured" men, who have no clue about things like women rights, human rights and the such.

Women are very confused, in this era, still they can manage brilliantly to confuse the men too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Anyway, back on topic,

After watching the video (another thread), nothing 'chilling' to be seen,  I'm guessing the guy will claim consent and be released.

Just another he said/she said case with a video of her willingly walking along holding hands to support the 'he said' part.

Sure, because walking with someone and holding their hand supports the right to rape her, right?

Now who's making things up?  She did not decide to go home with a stranger.  She was taken to a construction site where he attempted to rape her.

Even the guy himself says he led her away.  She did not decide to go home with the guy.

Shocking.

Where did she think she was going when she was drunk following a strange man?

Shocking indeed.

I think rape should be punishable by death.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Anyway, back on topic,

You sure are biased toward the accused, why is that?

Anyway, back on topic,

They were supposed to be going to his daughter’s piano recital...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

They were supposed to be going to his daughter’s piano recital...

It reminds me of the sheep and the wolf sitting by the evening fire, thinking what they're having for dinner.

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Your analogy would work only if you were to believe that all men were rapists.

No, not all the men are wolves, at least not all the time.

I think the analogy fits perfectly in this case.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, marqus12 said:

she is a rape victim or rather a victim of a change of mind ?

She was raped.

Consent cannot be given if someone has been drinking, despite what rapist scum and the victim blamers would claim.

In the event where someone changes their mind, it is still rape if rapist scum do not accept this change.

No one has the right to force another person into a sexual act they do not fully consent to.

Evidence.

This is not how the story was originally told, I thought she had been roughly dragged down an ally in a violent assault.

And your "evidence" is a video of her walking rather than being dragged, is that what you mean? Really?  So all videos of that person must show her being dragged or no dragging could have taken place?  Did you neglect the simple fact that the dragging may have taken place out of shot of the video?