Trump urges 'full sentence' for his ex-lawyer Cohen in Russia probe

webfact

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

There is no need for profanity. Do you have any idea how much stress serious investigations cause to innocent victims? Nothing is more serious that this investigation due to the high level of the witch hunters, and the sheer length of time it dragged on. Plus it was played out in public with leaks causing extra embarrassment to Trump, his family and friends. The strain was clear when he opted out of meeting Putin just to avoid the talking heads on TV going into frenzied pitch yet again. A lesser man/woman in Trumps position would be sorely tempted to start eliminating the problems in a more direct manner. Yes, Trump has been dignified and restrained.

Stop trolling

55 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You omitted the part about all of these acts being investigated and charges brought when appropriate.  Trump objects to receiving the same consideration.

Investigated by? James "no intent" Comey? or "lets meet on the tarmac"Lynch lol 

John Hubers investigation testimony coming up.  Should be interesting.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am urging a "full sentence" for Trump.

"Cohen also indicates that as he prepared his congressional testimony, he was in “close and regular contact” with the White House staff and the president’s lawyers. This passage would suggest communications about his testimony, which—it is reasonably assumed—would have included discussion of its content. And it would be hard, indeed well-nigh impossible, to believe that the president’s team did not share with Trump what it learned. In fact, Trump’s lawyers had an obligation to advise him of what they knew." (my underline emphasis)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/did-trump-advise-michael-cohen-lie-congress/577168/

And not a word of rebuke from Trump to Cohen's planned testimony?

And after Cohen's testimony was submitted under oath, again Trump remained silent.

That might implicate Trump as a co-conspirator.

1 minute ago, Srinivas said:

well he did exonerate her, the best he could do for her give her predicament.

Nonsense. In fact Comey was severely reproached by the Horowitz report, the one you are so fond of referring to when it suits your purposes, for making public the re-opening of the investigation re: anthony Weiner's laptop.

• Like 1

Didn't Trump brag, that he sued everybody's @$$ for this and that?

So...if that Cohen-guy is just lying about him in such a blatant way, wouldn't a law-suite fit nicely?

Unless of course, the POtuS knows, that he would stand the same chance as a snowball in hell... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

So, it's taken two years of this witch hunt to catch a lawyer for lying and other sundry offenses. No mention of Russian collusion, absolutely no evidence that collusion between Trump and Russian players caused Hillary to lose her election. This is insane. Time to get straight-jackets on Mueller and all his team(and Strzok and Page and Comey and that woman beating lawyer that was always on CNN) and cart them all of to Guantanamo. This whole "show me the man and I'll find you a crime" farce is an unprecedented assault on democracy and needs to end now.

Once again, credit to Trump for maintaining his dignity amidst this prolonged personal attack on him. 

By even using the term witch hunt, you are essentially admitting complete and total discipleship. You are giving up independent thought and free will. One cannot help but be reminded of one or two year Christians making an attempt to convert the masses, with their newfound zeal. That kind of parroting of scripture some of us get subjected to. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It seems Trump hates the very idea

You are being too nice. 45 hates law enforcement period. Unless he can control and direct it towards his percieved enemies...

He has opined that informants should be locked up... All hail the law and order POTUS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

People who intentionally, illegally leaked classified information to the press were prosecuted in accordance with the law.  Do you think that is a bad thing? 

I have no doubt Trump would like to prosecute the people who leak inside information regarding his administration, but I don't recall any of those leaks involving classified.

They also went after James Risen, a reporter for the New York Times.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

They also went after James Risen, a reporter for the New York Times.

I very much disagree with that and many of the other prosecutions.  However these are examples of poor judgement in aggressively prosecuting people who were intentionally publishing classified information.  It is not an example of the President acting above the law.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

It is highly inappropriate for a president to insert himself into a judicial process, said Jens Ohlin, a professor at Cornell Law School. "He’s not just a regular person. He’s the head of the executive branch."

I think its appropriate,he's under attack. It's highly inappropriate to not tell a sitting President in his first intel  briefing that the FBI were  surveilling  the transition team and that a salacious unverified report that prompted a FISA warrant and it   conveniently left out  who sponsored it - the Democrat party .I don't  need a  degree in law to see what's going on.   

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

President Donald Trump on Monday called for a "full and complete" sentence for his former lawyer Michael Cohen, accusing him of lying about Trump's business dealings with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign to get reduced jail time.

Thing is Cohan is going to produce evidence that is more than just hearsay, so Trump calling for the full sentence is just a last ditch attempt to save his lying arse... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Under attack?  Are you referring to the press doing its job, asking questions and playing the devils advocate regarding his actions and policies?  Or are you referring to something else?

I never mentioned PRESS  ,please read my post! But now that you mentioned it ,I do see the POTUS taking on all of them especially when they have been found by the IG  of  exchanging perks with the FBI! Oh! the hypocrisy of the liberal, Jens Ohlin, a professor at Cornell Law School.

Edited by riclag

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

I never mentioned PRESS  ,please read my post! But now that you mentioned it ,I do see the POTUS taking on all of them especially when they have been found by the IG  of  exchanging perks with the FBI! Oh! the hypocrisy of the liberal, Jens Ohlin, a professor at Cornell Law School.

Ok, then what do you mean by "under attack"? 

Also, what are you referring to with "exchanging perks with the FBI"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Srinivas said:

Has trump arrested any whistle blower, journalist, or informant?

Reality Winner: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/23/reality-winner-sentence-classified-report-leak

Though I think there is some confusion here about the president's role in any of these things. There isn't in Trump's case because he's vocal in trying to influence legal proceedings (see Manafort), as well as attacking political rivals (Amazon for example), and routinely calling the press into question. But the president shouldn't be directly involved in this type of stuff. It should also be noted that Obama pardoned Manning.

Edited by jcsmith
  • Like 1