Were children offered for sex with tourists at popular Central Pattaya beer bar complex?

webfact

4 hours ago, neeray said:

It is obviously aimed at English speaking men as a Thai would never get the drift of it, no matter how good their command of English is.

Wow, perceptive!

If it was aimed at a Thai perhaps it would be written in......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

16 or 17 are underage teens.
They would be of no interest to paedophiles!

Wrong. Most paedophiles would find them, although not their ideal, an acceptable 'half-way house'. Especially as these girls look particularly small, some of them.   Also, many paedophiles are able to have normal functioning sexual relations with another adult, which is why their hidden predilection for children often remains undiscovered. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Not if they were being used for prostitution!

It's an absurd topic if one remembers that prostitution is forbidden anyway :whistling:

And you can bet that the bar operator will "only" be punished for having minors in an alcohol place/bar.

Hypocrisy to the max.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe one of the most disgusting apologist comments I have read here.

Yes , I understand what you are saying , the "hardly children "bit is not cool , he is , however correct in the legal comment in quite a few European countries , although , in the same way as hotels and bars in Thailand add a couple of years to the legal age for the sake of decency I presume, the Europeans do the same .. I'm Irish ,legal age is 17, but 21 is more like what you might find is observed , you are not gonna find many 17 year olds being touted unless you go underground. Of course prostitution, as in Thailand , is illegal. Running a brothel gets you a serious sentence . 

17FD085E-6513-4591-917D-B8D926F44EE9.png

Edited by terryofcrete
  • Like 1

Alleged underage prostitution probed at Pattaya beer bar

By Dethawee Theewarangkool, Narong Sattaykul

The Nation

f3e251b8c1572d0844c75d186b838a97.jpeg

Authorities rounded up 10 employees and the female owner of a beer bar in Chon Buri’s Pattaya City early on Tuesday morning following a complaint alleging that the place offered underage girls in a prostitution service to customers that included foreigners.

The beer bar, located in a three-storey commercial building in the middle of Soi Pattaya 6, was raided at half-past-midnight by a combined team of police and Department of Special Investigation officials.

Eight female workers aged 20-35, a 16-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl as well as the bar owner Jomkaew Kingkhong, 44, were taken to the Muang Pattaya Police Station for interrogation on suspicions of human trafficking.

As of press time, police had not filed charges over procuring underage prostitution and human trafficking against Jomkaew, but were probing further, said DSI’s human-trafficking bureau director Pol Lt-Colonel Supat Thamthanarak.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359818

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-4

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

16 and 17 are hardly children.

Totally legal in Europe.

I dont know wich europe you mean but in no real european country 16 and 17 years old is adult they might act like an adult but it starts from 18 and even then i think their not realy adults and my geuss is that you are not in your twenty's so every girl umder the age of 20 could be your doughter would you aprove it then still and call her an adult 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Can't argue with that mate........but we're in Thailand, not Europe and Thai law is different.  

Thai law is in fact the same, or tougher,  as prostitution  is against Thai law, its that it is not enforced. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

...the age of consent.

Also, there are probably many homeless & drug addicted minors selling themselves in places like London.

So how do the problems of LONDON mitigate or justify this in Pattaya?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

...the age of consent.

Also, there are probably many homeless & drug addicted minors selling themselves in places like London.

If you seriously think the age of consent is the only factor in human trafficking then I'd suggest you need to rethink your whole attitude to child sexploitation.