• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

32 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Good to see you tightened up your defence today anyhow ????

Defence! It's bloody shocking. Here you go Son have another go and another and another. Spurs vs Ederson. We can't keep hoping they keep missing their chances or Ederson saves us. Can't see that back 4 keeping a zero. Pep has to sort out that big hole in midfield Spurs keep running through. 

KdB big loss. Get Bernardo  in midfield. Maybe Gundogan alongside Fernandinho. Sterling totally wasted on the left. Think Pep is gambling again that we'll outscore them rather than tightening it up a bit. 

Yes I'm panicking ????

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Defence! It's bloody shocking. Here you go Son have another go and another and another. Spurs vs Ederson. We can't keep hoping they keep missing their chances or Ederson saves us. Can't see that back 4 keeping a zero. Pep has to sort out that big hole in midfield Spurs keep running through. 

KdB big loss. Get Bernardo  in midfield. Maybe Gundogan alongside Fernandinho. Sterling totally wasted on the left. Think Pep is gambling again that we'll outscore them rather than tightening it up a bit. 

Yes I'm panicking ????

Yeah I was being facetious. If you keep giving Son that much space he will get one eventually. Luckily I think you’re right and can see you getting more as well. 

How good was Bernardo? 10/10 performance for me that. 

It was nice that the game was won with a great goal.

Once again i thought Spurs were excellent and unlike most teams we couldn't dominate them. Very surprised they didn't score, maybe we had some luck but Ederson was excellent. Some one thought ManU would finish above them :cheesy:

Foden didn't let us down and looked totally at home.

Love watching Zinchenko; he's a footballer and we need to keep him.

Stones was poor.

Sane didn't do much and you can see why he starts off the bench.

Nervy game. Nervy end to the season. Going to be very nervy at the swamp.

Been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to get 4 tickets for this sold out game (the odd returned ticket goes back on sale) and now it's been moved to a Monday night which might help us. Fingers crossed. 

City's penultimate Premier League fixture of the season has been moved from Saturday 4 May to Monday 6 May.

It is the Blues' final home fixture of this unforgettable campaign and was originally scheduled for a lunchtime kick-off on May 4 at 12.30pm.

Now, City will take on the Foxes on Monday, 6 May at 8pm and the game will be screened live on Sky Sports.

44 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Didn't work out too well in midweek that tactic. :post-4641-1156694572:

That wasn't the tactic on Wednesday. You didn't win the game but merely advanced on the away goal rule. Not to worry. Your advance won't mean picking up a trophy

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That wasn't the tactic on Wednesday. You didn't win the game but merely advanced on the away goal rule. Not to worry. Your advance won't mean picking up a trophy

Desperate stuff from Manchester....another year the CL has slipped from your grasp early doors. 

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Desperate stuff from Manchester....another year the CL has slipped from your grasp early doors. 

And another year where everything will have slipped through your grasps. Good effort on the wind up attempt Ronnie but you know the PL is more important to me than the CL. I've said it countless times on here. On Wednesday night I clearly wished Spurs the best but the Spurs response (mainly on here) has made me want you to get smashed in the next round or the final will do nicely. Hopefully by Liverpool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

And another year where everything will have slipped through your grasps. Good effort on the wind up attempt Ronnie but you know the PL is more important to me than the CL. I've said it countless times on here. On Wednesday night I clearly wished Spurs the best but the Spurs response (mainly on here) has made me want you to get smashed in the next round or the final will do nicely. Hopefully by Liverpool

Just delighted to be in the semis and enjoying every minute here mrboj.

Pep getting good at self-deprecation

Man City boss Pep Guardiola declares himself a genius after Phil Foden’s goal against Tottenham 

‘Now I am a genius,’ said Guardiola. ‘He [Foden] scored a goal, how good is the manager? Then, after playing Delph in London, it is a disaster,’ Guardiola told reporters. ‘Phil is an incredibly talented player and Alfie we have to pick him in the right moment. He has the quality to arrive in the box. ‘Every time he plays he scores a goal or has chances. His ability in small spaces, it is not easy to play against [Eric] Dier or [Victor] Wanyama or [Christian] Eriksen. ‘It is an incredible experience for him to play and I trust him a lot.’ 

What about this.

Liverpool to win league

Watford to win cup

Spurs to win CL

City already have a cup

Chelsea (or Arsenal) for Europa.

Share these things out. Everybody happy.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fine margins between success and failure Ronnie.

Aguero and the spurs player are basically inline but Aguero is anticipating having to move forwards so his body leans forwards and in a fractionally offside position. Had Aguero moved a fraction later you'd be out and we'd be celebrating.

It's those fine margins and the unpredictability of football why it's such a spectacle and why we love it. 

1293.jpg

That Cardiff bunch are a mad lot aren't they. They were so wide open did they think they could win it. Park the <deleted> bus you morons!

So we all knew the cardiff and Huddersfield games are 6 point bankers for liverpool but can Newcastle  or wolves take a point? Can City take 12 points? Unlikely but fingers crossed. A trip down the Wat might be required.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That Cardiff bunch are a mad lot aren't they. They were so wide open did they think they could win it. Park the <deleted> bus you morons!

So we all knew the cardiff and Huddersfield games are 6 point bankers for liverpool but can Newcastle  or wolves take a point? Can City take 12 points? Unlikely but fingers crossed. A trip down the Wat might be required.

The big question is how would Rafa be portrayed as the one to

deny Liverpool the title?

Considering his fine reputation amongst the Liverpool faithful.

Your best bet is to hope that Wolves will still be fighting for that 

7th spot come the end of the season.

But, Brighton could also be fighting to stay up on your last game

as well.

I think it's going down to the wire and the last kick of the season

for you Citeh & Pool fans, it's gonna be exciting though.

55 minutes ago, sotsira said:

The big question is how would Rafa be portrayed as the one to

deny Liverpool the title?

Considering his fine reputation amongst the Liverpool faithful.

Your best bet is to hope that Wolves will still be fighting for that 

7th spot come the end of the season.

But, Brighton could also be fighting to stay up on your last game

as well.

I think it's going down to the wire and the last kick of the season

for you Citeh & Pool fans, it's gonna be exciting though.

Newcastle are now mathematically safe. 

Burnley away is our only hope. 

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Fine margins between success and failure Ronnie.

Aguero and the spurs player are basically inline but Aguero is anticipating having to move forwards so his body leans forwards and in a fractionally offside position. Had Aguero moved a fraction later you'd be out and we'd be celebrating.

It's those fine margins and the unpredictability of football why it's such a spectacle and why we love it. 

1293.jpg

Is he still going on about decisions from Wednesdays game ???? if i remember rightly it was the exactly the same after the Liverpool game last season.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, mrbojangles said:

But i reckon we've got more chance of winning the CL than you have this season ????

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Is he still going on about decisions from Wednesdays game ???? if i remember rightly it was the exactly the same after the Liverpool game last season.

Im a busy man. I don't lol about. So it took me a while to respond to Ronnie's post.

Actually you are wrong. Last season vs liverpool there was no VAR and we felt/feel hard done by the wrong ref decisions. This season there was VAR and i haven't criticised the refs decisions. But dont let that major difference get in the way of your post Alfie!