• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Rumors of Barca after Otamendi. Truth or nonsense ? I've no idea.

Seen it in plenty of places. City want 35m for him. Think we paid 28m. Snap Barca's hands off.

I'll ask the wife's friend, who lives next door to The General, to pop round to check if there's any signs of bags being packed.

Kompany or Otamendi , but probably  both, will be gone by next season. Pep seems desperate to get Ajax's Golde Boy de Ligt. Be difficult  to cope with just Stones, unreliable Kompany and Laporte  if we sold Otamendi  now - we'd  have to bring someone in with the sale money.

Keep your eye on Eric Garcia; looks a real intelligent defender.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Huh? I explain that i have INTERPRETED something and your asking me to you SHOW you my interpretation?

This is getting bizarre now.

I have given you my explanation of what i meant by REGULAR in my statement "This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars". = play regular, frequently or often. You either accept my explanation or you don't. Up to you.

So now you've changed things around again, now you say "i have interpreted"  when before you said 

Alfie has been desperately attempting to interpret ‘regularly’ as meaning:

1. Someone who plays in every City game,

Show me where i have done that ?

So which one is it ?

Edited by alfieconn

50 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, you don't hear our manager moaning about too much ????

One point he did make which I think was fair, there are only so many top level elite players and they are not readily available, 

Other than that it did appear he was having a little pop at the club for not being better in the transfer market.

Edited by BangrakBob

Alfie 

I made a statement using the word regular to mean Foden plays frequently or often for the 1st team.

You disagreed and are interpreting regular as meaning "a player on a team who usually starts every game - your post 10 jan. 

I think you and i have bored enough people already so in fairness to them i will ignore your latest responses on this page or any further comments you will no doubt make. 

So enjoy playing with yourself ????

Shouldn't Pep and other managers, who try not to get in to bidding wars which drive up the players sale/purchase cost and who try to keep players salaries within a clubs pay structure, be praised. In recent seasons City have backed out of buying players such as Sanchez, Fred, VVD and de Jong. 

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

One point he did make which I think was fair, there are only so many top level elite players and they are not readily available, 

Other than that it did appear he was having a little pop at the club for not being better in the transfer market.

Pep's pop was the club need to find players sooner - when they aren't known of by the market - as once they are known of or are established players lots of clubs want to buy them and their cost makes them less attractive to City.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Shouldn't Pep and other managers, who try not to get in to bidding wars which drive up the players sale/purchase cost and who try to keep players salaries within a clubs pay structure, be praised. In recent seasons City have backed out of buying players such as Sanchez, Fred, VVD and de Jong. 

No, no, no BB. City and our owners are the devil's work and responsible for all the high transfer fees and salries in the prem. I mean, look at how many English transfer records we've smashed...………..oh wait, that'll be non. OK don't we pay the highest salary to a player in the prem.....oh wait, no that's not us either. Still, let's not spoil the myth eh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep's pop was the club need to find players sooner - when they aren't known of by the market - as once they are known of or are established players lots of clubs want to buy them and their cost makes them less attractive to City.

I think Bob was referring to Pochettino

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think he meant they need to act sooner and be more decisive.

You could buy 50 players that aren't known to the market, and none of them will reach the standard required. They are chance buys. At the top of European football, there is no room for that.

Klopp looks at it like, if he can bring in a player that is better than what he has then good, if not then he won't buy. The chance footballers should come through the academy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, no, no BB. City and our owners are the devil's work and responsible for all the high transfer fees and salries in the prem. I mean, look at how many English transfer records we've smashed...………..oh wait, that'll be non. OK don't we pay the highest salary to a player in the prem.....oh wait, no that's not us either. Still, let's not spoil the myth eh

Yeah but you do have the highest wage bill, some 30M more than ours annually. United aren't far behind you though.

Isn't KDB on 350K a week? Same as Sanchez?

Edited by BangrakBob

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Didn't think that rang true so Googled it. United have the highest wage bill.

And Liverpool have by far the highest net spend last year, and the highest in Europe behind PSG. Let's just agree the top clubs spend a lot of money, and rightly so, because the money a club makes / has should be going back into football.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Let's just agree the top clubs spend a lot of money

Wish we could mate. But some on here don't like the fact that they spend more than 90odd percent of other football clubs but then claim it's unfair that we have spent more than them. It's a constant battle

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And Liverpool have by far the highest net spend last year, and the highest in Europe behind PSG. Let's just agree the top clubs spend a lot of money, and rightly so, because the money a club makes / has should be going back into football.

How did you work that out, we sold Coutinho for 142M.